Author Topic: keyfob RFID duplicator  (Read 2524 times)

Offline elliotbTopic starter

• Contributor
keyfob RFID duplicator
« on: June 09, 2016, 04:06:15 pm »
Hey guys,

I have been working on a consumer device that allows easy duplication of low frequency (125kHz) non-encrypted rfid credentials. Even though this is old technology it is still pervasive around the world. Living in downtown San Diego even many of the newer high rises use this tech. The only consumer facing devices I have found are the large chinese readers that copy to a T5557 type device so I sought out to make one anyone could use.

http://tinylabs.io/keysy

Any feedback would be appreciated. Planning on launching it on kickstarter to see if there is any demand. Currently should support any AM or FSK modulation with PSK support in the works.

Also if anyone has any low frequency rfid cards/fobs I can test with (especially strange ones) please pm me. I'd be happy to pay shipping both ways or compensate you for them.

Thanks and happy hacking  ;)
-Elliot
« Last Edit: June 09, 2016, 04:38:04 pm by elliotb »

Online matseng

• Frequent Contributor
    • My Github
Re: keyfob RFID duplicator
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2016, 06:24:25 am »
So what are the major differences between your copier and one of the Chinese handheld units that you get for $10 including free shipping and 5 rewritable fobs as well?

Offline elliotbTopic starter

• Contributor
Re: keyfob RFID duplicator
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2016, 09:48:14 pm »
Good question. The differentiating factors as I see them are:

1. Size - My keychain sized device is equivalent to one of the large readers and 4 tags. Much easier to carry around.
2. Compatibility - Most of the cheap chinese readers I've seen only support one modulation/tag type. Ie: HID or em41xx. Haven't seen any that support PSK tags like HID Indala. My device will support all of these (currently FSK and AM, PSK under development.)
3. My price point is around $30 which is on par with comparable chinese readers (see below) but with more tag support.
   ie: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Portable-Handheld-125KHz-RFID-HID-ID-Card-Writer-Copier-Duplicator-/201587054186

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf