Author Topic: Multi- USB Wall Charger  (Read 2963 times)

Offline fievelsTopic starter

• Contributor
Multi- USB Wall Charger
« on: September 27, 2017, 08:05:19 pm »
I wanted to make a post for the kickstarter campaign that I backed today:  Snuggplug

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1307908807/the-snuggplug-smart-and-slim-space-saving-usb-wall/?ref=kicktraq

Personally, I think we need a DC circuit inside the walls of our homes.  ..until we make that leap, it's nice to limit the number of power supplies I have.  This seems like a good solution. And, the girls have nearly reached their target goal.

Offline timothyaag

• Contributor
Re: Multi- USB Wall Charger
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2017, 01:10:21 pm »
Any particular reason you liked this over other chargers with the same design that are already available?

Offline expinkolator

• Contributor
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2017, 02:23:07 pm »
Any particular reason you liked this over other chargers with the same design that are already available?

Because he has a vested interest. No one sensible would buy a USB charger without any specified power/current rating.

Calling it SnuggPlug 3.0 seems to be a scam implying it is a USB 3 charger which it isn't claimed to be anywhere. The campaign doesn't deserve a single backer.

Offline Rbastler

• Frequent Contributor
  • Wörk Wörk
    • Rbastlers Blog
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2017, 02:30:27 pm »
I wanted to make a post for the kickstarter campaign that I backed today:  Snuggplug

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1307908807/the-snuggplug-smart-and-slim-space-saving-usb-wall/?ref=kicktraq

Personally, I think we need a DC circuit inside the walls of our homes.  ..until we make that leap, it's nice to limit the number of power supplies I have.  This seems like a good solution. And, the girls have nearly reached their target goal.
It seems to me you are connectet in some way to the kickstarter.
Its totally useless btw. There are a lot of chargers that do the same.
I always had issues with the AC plug you could clip into the case of the gadget. It broke of.... Plus it might occupy more than one socket...so already thats a no go.
http://rbastlerblog.jimdo.com/
Gamma spectrometer works. Now some yellow crystals need regenerating and testing.

Offline fievelsTopic starter

• Contributor
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2017, 05:04:11 pm »

Well, I want to support the creators.  The profit margin in the power electronics industry has been snubbed out.  You can buy your power supplies for really cheap from china.. definitely.  But, given the choice, I'd rather support our aspiring entrepreneurs and makers.

It seems to me you are connectet in some way to the kickstarter.
Its totally useless btw. There are a lot of chargers that do the same.
I always had issues with the AC plug you could clip into the case of the gadget. It broke of.... Plus it might occupy more than one socket...so already thats a no go.

I wanted to post about something other than my own work for once.  I felt that was within the spirit of this forum thread. 

« Last Edit: September 28, 2017, 05:16:52 pm by fievels »

Offline Storment

« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2017, 03:02:41 pm »
Any particular reason you liked this Testoprime review over other chargers with the same design that are already available?

I don't know, it seems like a neat little gadget to me.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2021, 01:12:53 pm by Storment »

The following users thanked this post: fievels

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf