Author Topic: Mini Power Station - Low cost Solution for all projects  (Read 5609 times)

Offline wissaTopic starter

Mini Power Station - Low cost Solution for all projects
« on: December 15, 2021, 11:54:16 pm »
Hi,

I would like to share with you my Kickstarter project that I launched.
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/wissa/mini-power-station
Also, you will find all technical details here: https://www.tikstation.com/
It is a power station supplied by USB-C, battery, power bank or USB and can provide 5 output independent voltages with a high current to 1.5A. It suits all levels of Electronics learners and prototypers
It is a decent solution for training centres and universities to implement hands-on online teaching without buying multi expensive power supplies. It also suits Electronics for Kids kits as it is safe not dealing with high voltages (120V,230V) like standard power supplies.
This Kickstarter project came to enable learners, hobbyists, universities and colleges to easy access reliable solutions for their projects and learning. I would be happy to see such a product in the market and get backers. 5X lower cost than competitive market products with high current, multi outputs (+ve, -ve) and compatibility options.

Offline PlainName

• Super Contributor
Re: Mini Power Station - Low cost Solution for all projects
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2021, 02:12:08 pm »
Nice. I particularly like the idea of the extension board to convert this to a generic PSU. In fact, I liked it enough to go for an earlybird pledge, but on selecting that (which includes the PSU, screwdrivers and extension) I actually end up with just the PSU and screwdrivers, no extension. At time of writing there were supposed to be 7 earlybirds left, so surely I should have got one? Anyway, I chose not to continue at that point.

« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2021, 05:00:05 am »
Can you let me know why you did not continue ?

Offline PlainName

• Super Contributor
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2021, 08:31:12 am »
Because the extension board that was supposed to be included with the early bird pledge turned out to be an additional item when I actually placed the pledge. I thought I'd accidentally chosen the standard pledge so cancelled and went back to do it all again, making sure there were still available early birds and that I clicked the right button. Same result so I gave up.

« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2021, 08:24:22 pm »
I think there is confusion, we have 2 early deals. One with a charger and one without a charger. They both have the extension board as default with the screw and main board ... You pay for the set and contains it ... You can order whatever you want and I will confirm to you that it would be included without extra charge.
There are extra addon, for those who wants more extensions or boards or screws. I hope this is clear

Offline PlainName

• Super Contributor
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2021, 10:12:25 pm »
As I recall, the early bird, which included the extender, was £30 (non-early bird £35). I selected the early bird and got the £30 pledge but it explicitly didn't list the extender board. With the extender it was £35, hence my original post.

On trying now, there is no early bird so the base + extender is shown as £35. It's £8 for shipping, so that's £43 for the minimal system to play around with, and that's too much for what might turn out to be shelf-ware, sorry.

« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2022, 06:47:51 pm »
I know the initial cost might be high but that is because of the quantity and assembly costs. If don't think that compete with 4 or 5 individual power supplies that cost hundreds ... do you agree

Offline PlainName

• Super Contributor
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2022, 08:44:49 pm »
Sure, I am not suggesting anything about how much it costs to make or supply. It is what it is. But for me I already have expensive PSUs (which, it has to be said, have rather more features). This looked an interesting thing to try out and may come in useful for off-bench use. So, again for me, I figured the offer price was just acceptable for my purposes. That's not valuing the thing for anyone else, just what I could be persuaded to spend on it. I'm sure someone with an actual need and use case would see it as a bargain and happily pay more.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf