Author Topic: PCBGRIP: Making it easier to assemble electronics.  (Read 31043 times)

Offline ferrix

• Contributor
Re: PCBGRIP: Making it easier to assemble electronics.
« Reply #75 on: October 02, 2014, 06:14:11 pm »
I love mine too.  Great product! 

Offline PCBGRIPTopic starter

• Contributor
« Reply #76 on: November 29, 2014, 04:15:17 am »
First, I'd like to thank this forum for the support we received for our PCBGRIP Kickstarter earlier this year.  We had a lot of backers from this forum and your support is greatly appreciated.  Thank you.

Our goal is to make it easier to work on electronics projects.  Towards that end, we have just launched another Kickstarter for a Probe Clamp, designed to hold your oscilloscope or DMM probe, freeing your hands for other work.  The Probe Clamp is designed for use with the PCBGRIP system.  The Kickstarter shows the Probe Clamp in action.  In one of the photos, you'll notice the Probe Clamp being supported with two 3mm rods.  Up to 3 rods could be used to support the Probe Clamp.  You'd use two or three rods if you were supporting a heavier instrument.

Here is the link to the Probe Clamp Kickstarter:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2065435222/pcbgrip-probe-clamp-for-your-electronics-projects

Offline ferrix

• Contributor
« Reply #77 on: November 29, 2014, 03:42:06 pm »
The pledge amounts are a little confusing.  It says 12 but when you click it says 16.  Then shipping says "+4" but it's unclear whether you have to account for that in your pledge amount or if it will be added above whatever amount you pledge.  This is compounded by having to do the math for how many brackets you want, and this number is not reflected in the kickstarter system (it just thinks you are donating more money for no additional pledge selection)

Anyway, I look forward to receiving the clamps.  Have fun with your new project  :)

Offline PCBGRIPTopic starter

• Contributor
« Reply #78 on: November 29, 2014, 04:36:29 pm »
I just loaded up a table that shows the various pledge amounts based on the number of Probe Clamps.  Agreed, it gets confusing when Kickstarter automatically adds the $4.  Thanks for the support!

Offline Icchan

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #79 on: June 27, 2015, 11:46:45 am »
I'm going to buy one kit soon for my lab bench. I have only two hands like OP said so I can't measure test points and type on the computer at the same time :D

And I dislike the way I'm currently doing soldering work using small bench vice... so this has only positives for me.

My only gripe is, that they don't seem to offer the probe camps in the kits, you have to buy them separately (they've made these metal probe clamps that are more universal and sturdier than 3D-printed ones.)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf