Author Topic: Pi-Water Sotfner - is it a scam?  (Read 3462 times)

Offline Roy1Topic starter

Pi-Water Sotfner - is it a scam?
« on: November 12, 2017, 03:28:39 pm »
Hello,

New here. Someone recommend to me I come here to learn about scam projects. I was interested in this project but want peoples opinions. I am kinda skeptical.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/844770272/make-your-water-great-again-with-the-prim-water-so?ref=discovery

Thanks

Online Ian.M

• Super Contributor
Re: Pi-Water Sotfner - is it a scam?
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2017, 03:40:27 pm »
Scam.   Any claims that the state of water molecules can be changed by a magnetic field *and* those changes will persist for more than a very small fraction of a second as the water leaves the field are a red flag that indicates the description of the device's method of operation is entirely bogus.   

Offline HalFET

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2017, 04:03:54 pm »
I love how they slapped "make your water great again" on there, this must be a joke. Also wouldn't you want to avoid having samarium-cobalt anywhere near your drink water? Cobalt on its own can be nasty, though in these quantities I wouldn't worry about it. But I wouldn't want samarium anywhere near my drink water supply anytime soon.

Offline StillTrying

• Super Contributor
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2017, 04:09:06 pm »
"Most people don’t realize that one can absorb up to 8 glasses of water through the skin during a quick 10-minute shower.
Soaking up water in this way is especially dangerous because the chlorine goes directly into your bloodstream. This means you absorb 6 times more chlorine per glass while showering than if you were drinking the same water."

:-DD
.  That took much longer than I thought it would.

Offline hermit

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2017, 04:20:07 pm »
Changes pH too?  Good one.  This one is easily testable but you notice they have no test results?  The carbon block filter probably does the most work and you can buy those in stores now.  I've seen variants of this with products clamping various devices to the outside of the pipe.  I study water for one of my other hobbies.  Home brewing.  Ask them to post independent lab results of water testing. 

Offline Roy1Topic starter

« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2017, 05:06:17 pm »
actually I am thinking of asking them to do multiple open events so anyone can be invited to go see it and if this product does what it says.

Offline hermit

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2017, 05:29:19 pm »
Ward labs is a lab used by many in the home brew world to test the water.  See if at one of these events they are willing to let you collect a before and after vial for testing.  It will save you money in the long run. ;)

Offline Gyro

• Super Contributor
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2017, 06:42:07 pm »
"FAR INFRARED RAY CREAMIC"?  :-// :palm:
Best Regards, Chris

Offline hermit

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2017, 08:22:57 pm »
You're far more patient than I to read that drivel in enough detail to catch something like that.  I start reading obvious BS market speak and just glaze over.

Offline HalFET

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2017, 09:17:17 pm »

Yes, it obviously connects to the samarium-cobalt flux magnetic decoupler at the input to provide positive emotional feedback to the water.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf