Products > Crowd Funded Projects

PlainDAQ - open source DAQ module for Raspberry Pi Pico

<< < (10/13) > >>

palpurul:
Hello everyone!

After a stupidly long delay, I finally managed to get PCBs for our new design, so I used them to assemble two boards, and I think they look great. I hope you all enjoy the new look!

Here are the picture of the PlainDAQ, let me know what you think 👇👇👇 :)

I know they don't look that consistent, I am still learning about photography and my phone is really crap  :)

Check out our new page: https://www.crowdsupply.com/kuncu-teknoloji/plaindaq

This is the update that we released about the new boards: https://www.crowdsupply.com/kuncu-teknoloji/plaindaq/updates/our-new-design-is-assembled

I have made the following changes in this design:
✅ Obviously the new form factor
✅ Added a Wi-Fi Module
✅ Switched to MCP4911 DAC because of availability.

Some people suggested me to remove the Wi-Fi module because new raspberry pi pico W already includes and therefore I am thinking about adding new features, what do you think I should add?

PS: I've also designed I2C controllable filters, but more on that later (you can see it on the update page.

🔵 Lastly Subscribe if you want to get notified when we go live: SUB

Marco:
I don't see much in the way of input protection (no larger SMD resistors, not much space behind the connectors). Can those inputs take mains voltage?

palpurul:

--- Quote from: Marco on August 14, 2022, 07:22:44 pm ---I don't see much in the way of input protection (no larger SMD resistors, not much space behind the connectors). Can those inputs take mains voltage?

--- End quote ---

Input protection is something on my list, but I haven't implemented anything in terms of input protection.

It cannot take mains voltage that's too large, maybe you're thinking that it's like a multimeter, but it's more like an oscilloscope.

Input range in this revision is:
+/-4V, +/-2V, +/-1V

However, I am in the process of collecting feedback I can move the ranges to:
+/-8V, +/-4V, +/-2V
+/-12V, +/-6V, +/-3V
+/-16V, +/-8V, +/-4V

Marco:
A 220k resistor with a parallel capacitor is cheap.

palpurul:

--- Quote from: Marco on August 14, 2022, 07:50:13 pm ---A 220k resistor with a parallel capacitor is cheap.

--- End quote ---

THis might be something that I don't know, could you explain to me how that protects the inputs?

That's the input section of PlainDAQ. It's terminated to ground with a 1 Meg resistor and a small series resistor. I know that series resistor can protect to some level, but I'm sure it's not going to protect against mains voltage  :-DD

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version