Author Topic: Projection watch on Indiegogo  (Read 59586 times)

Offline codeboy2k

• Super Contributor
Re: Projection watch on Indiegogo
« Reply #100 on: August 17, 2015, 04:50:31 am »
The guys are from the Ukraine and their bank account is in Russia. They lied about their names, location and education, no engineers at all just designers, now they say a company from Asia are developing it.
Ukraine is one of the poorest countries in the world, average salary is about $3500 per year, Australia is #4 about $63000 (depends on the source). It's like you get $30M.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_GDP_(nominal)_per_capita

So the 3 of them will be living well for the next 10 years or more if they stretch out their "gift" of the people.

Offline andyturk

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #101 on: August 18, 2015, 02:54:53 pm »
Additional schematics, would be nice if someone can verify it.

In one of their updates, they wrote,
The algorithm for delivering desired image to display controller is being developed and we're negotiating with Texas Instruments to have possibility for creating own modification of TI's DLP3435 firmware which will implement picture vizualization according to our algorithm with the best efficiency in case of Ritot watch functionality. In addition methods for image compression are under consideration, applying one of which realize efficient memory usage for storing image patterns and data which received from the mobile device.

I work with TI's DLP343x regularly... on a wearable device even. To do anything at all, their board needs a source for 24-bit parallel video, the DLPC343x, another chip called the DLPA200x that controls an RGB LED and the "mirrors" (DMD chip). Plus, you need optics to direct light from the RGB LED to the mirrors and then out to the projection surface (i.e., the hand in this case). Power consumption for all that silicon will be huge compared the battery they can stuff into the bracelet. BOM cost? ... pointless to even talk about it.

It's complete horseshit.

Offline Kalidor

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #102 on: April 23, 2016, 12:08:02 pm »
...2 years later, new update, still no refunding. It is now a mini projector on a wristwatch band and it's working if you hold your hand at 50deg plus you can see the image in a dark room.

In questions of science, the authority of a thousand is not worth the humble reasoning of a single individual.

Online Ice-Tea

• Super Contributor
    • Freelance Hardware Engineer
« Reply #103 on: April 23, 2016, 12:59:07 pm »
I'm guessing the connector runs to a car battery?

Offline Martini

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #104 on: April 23, 2016, 02:06:40 pm »
 :-DD

Gosh, that looks different...

Offline Khendrask

• Contributor
« Reply #105 on: May 04, 2016, 12:21:43 pm »
Here is another one, but at least this one isn't getting any bites.  https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/cicret-bracelet--7/x/13639189#/

Online Ice-Tea

• Super Contributor
    • Freelance Hardware Engineer
« Reply #106 on: May 04, 2016, 01:20:58 pm »
They will work on the miniturized components in June. Beta testing in July. Production: Fall. Delivery: end 2016.

Even if this was run of the mill technology: if they can do all that in half a year, I want them on my team. Or rather: I want 1% of what Apple would give them to pull something like that off.

Offline HackedFridgeMagnet

• Super Contributor
« Reply #107 on: May 04, 2016, 02:35:14 pm »
How do those charlatans even sleep at night.   ???

Offline Corporate666

• Supporter
  • Remember, you are unique, just like everybody else
« Reply #108 on: May 05, 2016, 06:41:17 am »
How do those charlatans even sleep at night.   ???

Atop a huge pile of cash.

$1.6 million is a lot of money.  In Ukraine (where, IIRC, these scammers are from), it is a GIANT HUGE sum of money.  About 10-20 times what it is in the USA.

These guys never need to work again.  They just occasionally pretend to be doing something to keep the InDemand morons money rolling in and they have created a great job for themselves. 
It's not always the most popular person who gets the job done.

Offline Corporate666

• Supporter
  • Remember, you are unique, just like everybody else
« Reply #109 on: May 05, 2016, 06:42:22 am »
Here is another one, but at least this one isn't getting any bites.  https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/cicret-bracelet--7/x/13639189#/

The scammers are not stealing scams from other scammers.

This combines the wristwatch projector scam with the dark light projector scam.

Bold.
It's not always the most popular person who gets the job done.

Offline ruffy91

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #110 on: May 05, 2016, 10:21:04 am »

The scammers are not stealing scams from other scammers.

This combines the wristwatch projector scam with the dark light projector scam.

Bold.
They are genius. They are not giving you the bracelet but 250$ off the bracelet. So you will get you perk instantly. No more moaning from your customers, they already got what they paid for *ahaha*

Offline HackedFridgeMagnet

• Super Contributor
« Reply #111 on: May 05, 2016, 10:43:15 am »
Well they are not making much money. In the last 24 hours they went from 1 backer to 1 backer.

Online McBryce

• Super Contributor
« Reply #112 on: May 05, 2016, 11:30:44 am »
Well they are not making much money. In the last 24 hours they went from 1 backer to 1 backer.

And that's his mom.

McBryce.
30 Years making cars more difficult to repair.

Offline edy

• Super Contributor
    • DevHackMod Channel
« Reply #113 on: May 05, 2016, 01:56:10 pm »

And that's his mom.

McBryce.

He's even conning his mom.... that's a new low.  :palm:

You have to admit, the CGI on that video is pretty good. Look how accurate the Fruit Ninja swipes are. Forget the projection bracelet, just sell people a book on how you did the video CGI effects!  :-DD
« Last Edit: May 05, 2016, 01:59:14 pm by edy »
YouTube: www.devhackmod.com LBRY: https://lbry.tv/@winegaming:b Bandcamp Music Link
"Ye cannae change the laws of physics, captain" - Scotty

Online McBryce

• Super Contributor
« Reply #114 on: May 05, 2016, 02:50:31 pm »
No, she's just hoping his campaign will succeed so that he finally moves out of the basement and gets his own place! :D

McBryce.
30 Years making cars more difficult to repair.

Offline Kalidor

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #115 on: May 05, 2016, 03:33:47 pm »

The Cicret is from 2014, https://youtu.be/9J7GpVQCfms
I would not be wondered if someone has stolen this design concept, also the Triton concept could be stolen.
In questions of science, the authority of a thousand is not worth the humble reasoning of a single individual.

Offline edy

• Super Contributor
    • DevHackMod Channel
« Reply #116 on: May 06, 2016, 12:53:09 am »
I would not be wondered if someone has stolen this design concept, also the Triton concept could be stolen.

I predict some human hoverboard campaigns in the next while. Seems like it's getting traction in the media and we have seen a few actual working prototypes. It won't be long until someone promises to sell you one and I'm sure there are people lining up to have their own. One thing for sure... if they ever start selling these to the public, be prepared to see it added to the life insurance exclusion list.  ;)
YouTube: www.devhackmod.com LBRY: https://lbry.tv/@winegaming:b Bandcamp Music Link
"Ye cannae change the laws of physics, captain" - Scotty

Online Kean

• Supporter
  • Embedded systems & IT consultant
    • Kean Electronics
« Reply #117 on: March 10, 2017, 08:28:06 am »
And another 11 months on, Ritot have progressed from green only projection, to pretty awful RGB
https://youtu.be/mt1Rw8FYr3k

Offline earl colby pottinger

• Contributor
« Reply #118 on: March 10, 2017, 03:21:52 pm »
I bought a Pixel off kickstarter see: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/rabidprototypes/pixel-the-arduino-compatible-smart-display and now have ordered a pixel-2 see: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/rabidprototypes/pixel-20-the-arduino-compatible-smart-display and I don't see anything here that the pixels would not make a better display not to mention with the ARM processor and SD storage it should be possible to do far more for less money.

The following users thanked this post: ajb

Offline ebastler

• Super Contributor
« Reply #119 on: April 21, 2017, 09:46:58 pm »
[...] I don't see anything here that the pixels would not make a better display not to mention with the ARM processor and SD storage [...]

Ah, now I see the misunderstanding that must also have led to the whole misguided design of the Cicret bracelet:
That "ARM processor" actually does not help in projecting anything onto your upper limbs...  :P

Offline PlainName

• Super Contributor
« Reply #120 on: February 28, 2018, 01:47:42 am »
Soemthing very like this has just appeared on BBC News24 Asian business:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/technology-43221100/haier-smartwatch-has-a-built-in-projector-at-mwc-2018

Seems to be a real thing and works very close to spec, but it ain't going to fit under your shirt sleeve.

Offline MrWizerd

• Contributor
« Reply #121 on: March 02, 2018, 09:09:17 am »
 :-DD  Oh brother...     I want to get all the people who back these things and just talk to them for a while,  JUST to confirm I don't want to live on this planet anymore.  Leave the nutjob convention and sign up for a one way trip to Mars on the SpaceX BFG
Little beats big when little is smart, first with the head then with the heart ~P.K. Power of One

Offline beenosam

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #122 on: March 04, 2018, 01:04:01 pm »
I'm almost convinced there's like a circle of people who take old ideas that are won't work and when they fail, they tell the next person to try to rake in more money with their same idea but slightly different product.

Offline Cyberdragon

• Super Contributor
« Reply #123 on: March 04, 2018, 07:07:57 pm »
I'm almost convinced there's like a circle of people who take old ideas that are won't work and when they fail, they tell the next person to try to rake in more money with their same idea but slightly different product.

Free energy nuts, audiophools, exc...
*BZZZZZZAAAAAP*
Voltamort strikes again!
Explodingus - someone who frequently causes accidental explosions

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf