Author Topic: RoEnDi [crowdsupply]  (Read 4491 times)

Offline MitkoDyakovTopic starter

RoEnDi [crowdsupply]
« on: September 27, 2021, 10:26:47 am »
Hey everyone!

I want to introduce you my project. It is a rotary encoder with a round 1.28" display. The idea for this project is to be a module for a hobbyist to integrate in their project. Here are a few specs on about it.

MCU: STM32L433 with USB and RTC
Display: Round 1.28" TFT LCD Display
Rotary Encoder: 15 Pulses / 30 Detent
NOR Flash: 128 Mbits
LDO: 3 V 400 mA

I am working on a few demos for the project. One is a USB Component device HID + CDC for volume control (done),  MP3 player, thermostat / light interface for home automation and a safe dial.

As it is using STM32 MCU so it utilizes STM32CubeIDE, STM32CubeMX and TouchGFXDesigner. I have also successfully run demos for the encoder, display, flash and RTC using STM32Duino + Arduino IDE. The device has e boot select button, that puts it in DFU mode and you can program it without a debugger. Of course there is no debug when using Arduino IDE.

I have design everything using free software KiCad for the PCB, FreeCAD for the body of the Encoder. The STM suit and Arduino for the software part.

The body of the encoder has two variants. One is CNC aluminum body matt or shiny finish and the other is resin 3D printed. The CAD files are available on the GIT hub repo.

I would love to get you thoughts and feedback. Please ask questions, I would do my best to answer everyone.

Please subscribe for updates on the project on Crowdsupply link here

Thanks and see you soon :)

The following users thanked this post: thm_w

Online PlainName

• Super Contributor
Re: RoEnDi [crowdsupply]
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2021, 12:10:54 pm »
That's a great idea  :-+

How it comes out well. The main sticking point could be cost, but in principle I think it's cool.

Offline MitkoDyakovTopic starter

Re: RoEnDi [crowdsupply]
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2021, 05:22:43 pm »
Hey dunkemhigh, thanks! Yes, spot on on this observation. There are a lot of parts to get the encoder rolling ^-^. This inevitably drives the cost up, but hopefully if we get support from enough people we can offset this. Cheers! 

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf