Author Topic: SALTWATER H2O RESIDENTIAL COMMERCIAL ELECTRIC GENERATOR  (Read 5743 times)

Offline keethraxTopic starter

• Contributor
SALTWATER H2O RESIDENTIAL COMMERCIAL ELECTRIC GENERATOR
« on: January 23, 2016, 10:45:11 pm »
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1477405758/saltwater-h2o-residential-commercial-electric-gene?ref=category

I don't even know where to start. Wait, yes I do. How about that super professional diagram to open the video.

I think he's trying to say salt water + electricity = hydrogen + oxygen. Hydrogen + oxygen = electricity. But honestly, it's... less than clear. And of course, there are issues with the math despite " The math works out there is surplus hydrogen. "

Offline MAS3

• Contributor
Re: SALTWATER H2O RESIDENTIAL COMMERCIAL ELECTRIC GENERATOR
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2016, 11:20:11 pm »
Salt water == Hydrogen + Oxigen ?
That's the only stuff that will be released by a Electrolysis process ?
I'm pretty sure that's not true.

Offline alsetalokin4017

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2016, 11:27:51 pm »
 :palm:

The device appears to be based on using some of the output of the generator to perform the electrolysis which will produce the gases to burn to power the turbine to turn the generator .....

|O

I'd like to meet the person who pledged the 20 dollars. I think I have a nice art-deco bridge in Brooklyn I can sell him, cheap.

(I wonder if Mr. Ibanez understands that "patent pending" is a legal term with specific meaning in the USA, or that disclosing the invention publicly prior to receiving a patent defeats the patentability already ...)

An average light bulb uses 60 watts per hour.  The average window air conditioner uses 12 KWH. or 12,000 watts per hour. 

:palm: :palm:
The easiest person to fool is yourself. -- Richard Feynman

Online Ian.M

• Super Contributor
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2016, 12:09:56 am »
The inventer and/or any backers who get to attend a demo will probably be killed off by the Chlorine the cell will produce while running on grid power to fill its gas tanks, or by the gas turbine grenading with total containment failure due to hot gaseous HCl corrosion, so no worries about dealing with the backers when the project fails.  :palm: :palm:

What's more worrying is Mr Ibanez's statement:
I am confident of my skills and knowledge as an electro mechanic having worked in aircraft and weapons systems in the US Navy for 12 years

The Yanks already have somewhat of a reputation for being a bit trigger happy, with a tendency towards blue-on-blue incidents or excessive collateral damage, so the possibility of being overflown by planes carrying safety critical systems and weapons Mr Ibanez has worked on with his limited scientific understanding is worrying.   To retain that warm fuzzy safe feeling, I suggest avoiding being in line of sight of any US navy aviation asset in case the avionics he's maintained decides your cellphone is hostile!  :scared:
« Last Edit: January 24, 2016, 06:12:57 am by Ian.M »

• Contributor
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2016, 12:29:34 am »
:palm:

The device appears to be based on using some of the output of the generator to perform the electrolysis which will produce the gases to burn to power the turbine to turn the generator .....

I think that's what he's saying. But, in all honesty he's saying it so poorly, I'm not even positive. I am positive that whatever he is proposing doesn't work.

Offline DaveCooks

« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2016, 05:30:09 am »
I think my favorite detail of the whole pitch for this saltwater system is this one:

To avoid shipping cost and to be near the company for service, I would rent land in Illinois near the Great Lakes, which is like an ocean.

:o :palm:

Offline HighVoltage

• Super Contributor
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2016, 12:41:13 pm »
I always wonder, if these people who come up with such "inventions" have reached the limit of their mind or they want to scam people on purpose?
There are 3 kinds of people in this world, those who can count and those who can not.

Offline MagicSmoker

• Super Contributor
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2016, 03:06:46 pm »
I logged into kickstarter to report the project as breaking the community rules and explained in the comment box that this is effectively a perpetual motion machine and that electrolysis of saltwater produces chlorine and sodium hydroxide, in addition to hydrogen.

• Contributor
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2016, 08:34:26 pm »
I think my favorite detail of the whole pitch for this saltwater system is this one:

To avoid shipping cost and to be near the company for service, I would rent land in Illinois near the Great Lakes, which is like an ocean.

:o :palm:

Oh yeah. Meant to add that to the original post, then forgot to go back to do more cut/pasting.

Offline Refrigerator

• Super Contributor
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2016, 09:53:51 pm »
So they're splitting saltwater to make electricity ? Won't that produce chlorine gas ?
And then they decide to toss in a steam turbine, what ?
I'm lost, where's my map?
I have a blog at http://brimmingideas.blogspot.com/ . Now less empty than ever before !
An expert of making MOSFETs explode.

Offline Stray Electron

• Super Contributor
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2016, 01:29:30 am »
  Is there anything on Kickstarter that isn't a physical impossibility or an outright SCAM?

Offline miguelvp

• Super Contributor
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2016, 02:00:09 am »
  Is there anything on Kickstarter that isn't a physical impossibility or an outright SCAM?

Yes, I did get a Papilio Duo and was delivered on time.

And currently I'm waiting for the Pine64:

36,781 backers pledged $1,731,465 Their goal was $31,416

And they seem to be on track to do the early bird deliveries:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/pine64/pine-a64-first-15-64-bit-single-board-super-comput/posts/1472578

I didn't get in there for the early bird, so I'm waiting until March.

I

Offline MrWizerd

• Contributor
« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2016, 03:52:40 am »
I am in on the Pine myself, but I have to agree there is so very many things wrong with this campaign,  so much so that when I first read it I believed it a joke!
Little beats big when little is smart, first with the head then with the heart ~P.K. Power of One

Offline boffin

• Supporter
« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2016, 04:24:54 pm »
I reported it to Kickstarter as just another perpetual motion machine

1) Use electricity to split water into 2H2 + O2
2) Burn the results to generate electricity
3) Goto #1

• Contributor
« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2016, 08:14:03 pm »

I got a µCurrent...

Online daqq

• Super Contributor
    • My site
« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2016, 08:18:52 pm »
I'd like to meet the person who pledged the 20 dollars. I think I have a nice art-deco bridge in Brooklyn I can sell him, cheap.
I'll trade ya one Eiffel tower and some very nice beads.

Actually, there's a lot of legit designs there and a lot of success stories with legit input and output. As with everything, you do get the nutjob or scammer, but where not?
Believe it or not, pointy haired people do exist!
+++Divide By Cucumber Error. Please Reinstall Universe And Reboot +++

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf