Author Topic: The next season of the Roohparshaow is coming soon-  (Read 3198 times)

Offline f4eruTopic starter

• Super Contributor
    • Chargehanger
The next season of the Roohparshaow is coming soon-
« on: January 15, 2017, 10:12:10 am »
Hi Guys !

You like the Roohparshaow powered by Batteroo ?
Now that the second season comes to an end, there's a big announcement :

The next season of the Roohparshaow will feature a new feat of serial entrepreneurship !!

Of course all our favorite heroes will be in the show :

The Roohparvar Brothers will present us a new and cool Vaporware that can save the world !
Mark Etting will do a lot of videos about it before it even exists with 800% more dodgy claims !
Angie Niring will as usual develop a product she does not believe in.
Probes the Monkey will get things showed up his ass. Sorry folks, that's his job !

Indy Gogeau will ask relentlessly for your money.
Inn Vestor will bring some additional funds to cover big salaries.
Dee Hachelle always finds a way to delay your delivery.
Webb Saite in the background will delete all the posts of the engineers.

The only thing which is a big big suspense is what will be the new thingie ?
We all want to know that of course ! Will it be a new patented invention of the Professor Ovah Uni-T ?

« Last Edit: January 15, 2017, 10:17:50 am by f4eru »

Offline edy

• Super Contributor
    • DevHackMod Channel
Re: The next season of the Roohparshaow is coming soon-
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2017, 11:42:45 pm »
I'm not sure what link you were referring to, but I did notice something new at the top of their page:

https://equity.indiegogo.com/?referral_code=iggheader&utm_source=header&utm_medium=igg.com&utm_content=&utm_campaign=equity

I don't think the link refers specifically to Batteroo, but that IndieGogo has this option already available for some time now. I'm not sure if you are thinking maybe Batteroo will decide to head this way.

I also noticed they changed their title to: "Batteroo: Extend Battery Life Significantly." (instead of saying 800% or 8x or whatever it was before).

As far as Equity crowd-funding goes, if a company like this does decide to do it, it would be a better way to raise funds. At least there are rules and regulations governing securities exchange, share ownership, transparency, etc... and people I assume would be willing to sell their shares in an open market as well. Far better than just handing over money to a company and praying they will deliver a product. Nevertheless, it is still a risk like owning any stocks, especially in a start-up.

Other than that, I'm not holding my breath for any announcements. I think early tests done by Dave and others thoroughly debunked it. Whether they still make money from this or not... I am certain they will. Just stock the "last-minute" items in the check-out cashier line (next to the trash/gossip magazines), put the right price on it, and you'll sell them by the billions to a world full of people who never heard of it. Honestly, how many people would even have a clue?

For example, car dealers, department stores and everyone else still sells these B.S. car electronic rust inhibitors and get away with it..... http://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/counteract-electronic-rust-protection-system-0477905p.html. They have been for years, and they will keep selling them. Heck, if Batteroo sold shares I would by a boat-load.... This is not the first company to make money off a sham product on the uneducated public.

My parents swear by a product called "AirBorne" sold in the USA to stop colds (http://www.airbornehealth.com/). It has a huge amount of vitamins and some of it could be dangerous there is no scientific evidence at all that it works (http://www.webmd.com/cold-and-flu/news/20080304/cold-remedy-airborne-settles-lawsuit#1). Yet it sells by the billions because people still buy this garbage due to the placebo effect. If you are straight-up investor, you buy stocks based on profit potential, nevermind the unethical business practice. As long as the unethical practice isn't detected or doesn't affect the stock price, you are laughing all the way to the bank. Sadly that is the way business works. Unethical practices are the norm unless there is a reason to not do it, if you get caught, or if it affects your bottom line.

« Last Edit: January 15, 2017, 11:52:04 pm by edy »
YouTube: www.devhackmod.com LBRY: https://lbry.tv/@winegaming:b Bandcamp Music Link
"Ye cannae change the laws of physics, captain" - Scotty

Online Kean

• Supporter
  • Embedded systems & IT consultant
    • Kean Electronics
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2017, 08:02:08 am »
The thing is that it is hard to return a product like fuel additives or vitamins - not so with an electronic device.

With retail sales in someplace like Walmart, they have a few significant hurdles to making any profit...

First is the retailer profit margin, which is going to be a large chunk of their current retail price of $10, and unless they can really scale up manufacturing volume, their costs aren't small.  I suspect manufacturing costs actually are higher than the BOM cost, and they still have to pay for all their R&D which I'm sure the IGG campaign didn't cover.  :palm:

Secondly, the terms with a large retail chain are going to suck big time for a newcomer - they have no bargaining power.  So their stock will almost certainly be on consignment, and they'll need to supply large quantities of stock up-front.  Then there will be a 90 (or more) day delay on receiving any actual sales revenue (less the retailers cut), and Batteroo will also be responsible for any returns whether due to failure of their fragile parts, or just unhappy consumers of which there could well be a good number.   :-DD

If the product doesn't sell, then the retailer will start to sell it at a discount which damages the Batteroo image, or they will more likely just ship it back to Batteroo unpaid.

Finally, Batteroo are fully liable for any consumer reports of product failures, damage to other equipment, or just plain sucking.   :clap:

Offline edy

• Super Contributor
    • DevHackMod Channel
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2017, 02:48:58 pm »
The thing is that it is hard to return a product like fuel additives or vitamins - not so with an electronic device.

With retail sales in someplace like Walmart, they have a few significant hurdles to making any profit...

Good point. I wonder what the attrition rate is for people who buy "trinket" items at checkouts that are cheap enough to warrant them trying to return it or not, especially if they have it for a while, lose the receipt, or simply forget about it or don't bother wasting the time over a few bucks worth of something. Nevertheless, even if only 20% of people who buy it can return it, that is still much too high I think for a retailer. Perhaps other distribution channels would work in their favour, they would have better profit margins and less returns. If they find a way to successfully sell these things, sadly I wouldn't be surprised with the way our consumer economy is going.  :palm:
YouTube: www.devhackmod.com LBRY: https://lbry.tv/@winegaming:b Bandcamp Music Link
"Ye cannae change the laws of physics, captain" - Scotty

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf