Author Topic: Tilt Five: Holographic Tabletop Gaming  (Read 1645 times)

Offline pyloTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
Tilt Five: Holographic Tabletop Gaming
« on: September 25, 2019, 09:29:40 pm »
Hi,

I was looking at the Kickstarter campaign of the Tilt Five, and I noticed something interesting in one of their animated gifs. The one I'm talking about is this:

What bothers me is that in this gif that's supposed to show how well their system works, there are too shots were the camera is panning left and right with the glasses affixed to it in a fixed relative position. In these shots, you can just see the gaming board outside the glasses frame, and even though you are not looking through the glass, you can still see the projected virtual gameboard content. These stills show what I mean.

So, is this possible? I mean, is that "okay" that the camera can see the virtual objects outside the glasses, or is this another faked demo? The latter would conclude that the campaign itself could be scam or at least pretend to be much closer to being market-ready than they really are.

Offline pyloTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
Re: Tilt Five: Holographic Tabletop Gaming
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2019, 09:39:01 pm »
Uhm, I only wanted to edit the thread title but somehow ended up double posting. Please remove this thread duplicate, and sorry for the trouble.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf