Author Topic: Vion: The World's Silliest Multimeter  (Read 20511 times)

Offline ataradov

• Super Contributor
    • Personal site
Re: Vion: The World's Silliest Multimeter
« Reply #150 on: February 01, 2019, 02:31:11 pm »
Some people there are so delusional that they are actually asking for new features:
I don’t know if the hardware will permit this option/idea, but it would be very interesting to add a « scope meter » to « Vion » or perhaps in a future upgrade?

I think this is a great idea and warrants another year of "development" :).
Alex

Offline Muttley Snickers

• Supporter
« Reply #151 on: February 01, 2019, 07:59:02 pm »
They still haven't delivered anything to date and are already contemplating Vion 2.0 and some other silly products which are shown on their new website. The site linked below also has the manual for Vion 1.0 in PDF but it looks to be in Korean and I cannot convert or translate it to English, it does have a few pictures though.

VionLab
http://vionlab.co.kr

Offline xrunner

• Super Contributor
  • hp>Agilent>Keysight>?
« Reply #152 on: February 02, 2019, 12:08:20 am »
Appears that a scope/logic probe function will be available, and what is the display on screen at the top? The circuit board with test points shown in red?  :-//

VION 2.0

I am a Test Equipment Addict (TEA) - by virtue of this forum signature, I have now faced my addiction

Offline dunkemhigh

• Super Contributor
« Reply #153 on: February 02, 2019, 07:14:33 am »
The circuit board with test points shown in red?

Sounds like a good wheeze. Seriously. Be better if it could show the circuit diagram but a photo from within the app would be dead simple, and once that's in place importing a jpeg or pdf of the circuit should be a breeze.

Offline Muttley Snickers

• Supporter
« Reply #154 on: February 12, 2019, 09:48:57 am »
After once again failing to meet their own schedule and then treating the backers with utter contempt by not providing a response or reason they have just pulled out the "but it's now the Chinese holiday" excuse. This reply came only after one of the backers threatened to make a formal group complaint to Kickstarter, it's all in the comments and update sections along with every other excuse they could possibly dream up.

Vion Comments.
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1441579202/the-worlds-simplest-bluetooth-multimeter/comments

Offline xrunner

• Super Contributor
  • hp>Agilent>Keysight>?
« Reply #155 on: February 12, 2019, 12:24:11 pm »
Wouldn't you know it - just when they were going to ship - a damn holiday!  :-DD

Now it'll take a couple of months for the team to get all caught up again.
I am a Test Equipment Addict (TEA) - by virtue of this forum signature, I have now faced my addiction

Offline dunkemhigh

• Super Contributor
« Reply #156 on: February 12, 2019, 01:48:22 pm »
I'm confused: don't they have a product approaching production? I mean, faking the plastics and all that stuff shown in the photos is pretty much like doing the real work anyway, so isn't this still on the go but just badly delayed?

Whether it performs is a different matter, but it sure looks to me like they're making them.

Offline ataradov

• Super Contributor
    • Personal site
« Reply #157 on: February 12, 2019, 01:50:14 pm »
I'm confused: don't they have a product approaching production? I mean, faking the plastics and all that stuff shown in the photos is pretty much like doing the real work anyway, so isn't this still on the go but just badly delayed?
It looks like they have version 2 on a way, so they may have redirected all resources towards that. There is pretty much no penalty for not delivering on KS, so why bother?
Alex

Offline Muttley Snickers

• Supporter
« Reply #158 on: February 12, 2019, 02:03:21 pm »
Now it'll take a couple of months for the team to get all caught up again.
If that's the case then their next update should be on or around April fools day which sounds about right, then their special Easter announcement will follow shortly after. I suspect they are just milking the Indiegogo campaign for all it's worth which involves stringing out the Kickstarter supporters for as long as they can.

Offline EEVblog

• Administrator
    • EEVblog
« Reply #159 on: February 12, 2019, 06:12:06 pm »
What are the odds they run out of money before they ship anything...

Online ebastler

• Super Contributor
« Reply #160 on: February 12, 2019, 08:15:29 pm »
What are the odds they run out of money before they ship anything...

That's what I thought. With various mold revisions, compliance testing iterations (?), and things taking much longer than they had expected -- will they even be able to fund volume production, beyond the test batch of 100? Maybe trying to find additional money is what is really slowing things down at the moment?

Offline EEVblog

• Administrator
    • EEVblog
« Reply #161 on: February 12, 2019, 10:46:17 pm »
That's what I thought. With various mold revisions, compliance testing iterations (?), and things taking much longer than they had expected -- will they even be able to fund volume production, beyond the test batch of 100? Maybe trying to find additional money is what is really slowing things down at the moment?

That's common as mud for crowd funding campaigns, so wouldn't surprise me.

Did any of these 100 test units ship to anyone?

Offline Kean

• Supporter
  • Embedded systems & IT consultant
    • Kean Electronics
« Reply #162 on: February 15, 2019, 04:00:44 pm »
I found it pretty funny that they show a photo with boxes of components on reels with a caption of "Completed Electronic Parts".
Technically correct I guess, but pretty misleading.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf