Author Topic: Wobblin fuhrikkin turbines  (Read 3899 times)

Offline cyka911Topic starter

Wobblin fuhrikkin turbines
« on: June 21, 2016, 01:28:40 am »
https://www.youtube.com/user/raul280876/videos

A technological leap forward and a revolution in wind energy. A more efficient, cost-effective and enviromental friendly way to produce energy.

Thoughts?
They say that they're going to generate power with oscillating masts connected to generators. I can't really see how this is going to be "efficient," and I'm doubly suspicious since it's crowdfunded, which isn't a great testament to its integrity.

Offline coppice

• Super Contributor
Re: Wobblin fuhrikkin turbines
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2016, 01:59:22 am »
Vortex shedding is a well established technique for flow measurement. Its interesting to see an attempt to apply it to power generation.

Offline jh15

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2016, 03:50:30 am »
Yeah, if you can install it in a clean wind area like over a convenient river. Maybe make it a bike path too for the tree huggers.
Tek 575 curve trcr top shape, Tek 535, Tek 465. Tek 545 Hickok clone, Tesla Model S,  Ohio Scientific c24P SBC, c-64's from club days, Giant electric bicycle, Rigol stuff, Heathkit AR-15's. Heathkit ET- 3400a trainer&interface. Starlink pizza.

Offline Xenoamor

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2016, 11:52:13 am »

Offline wraper

• Supporter
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2016, 12:28:25 pm »
Was discussed here during crowdfunding campaign. Interesting update from them:
3 months ago
Now we are just ending the research stage to jump to the industrialization of the first models, that only will be a technology demonstrator producing around 3W (1m height). At the same time we will be developing the 100W and 4kW scaling from the demonstrator. This small-small device we want to launch it through Crowdfunding, to share with anyone the technology and to use the community as a testing, and have a feed back from anyone about how it works. We’ll let you know when the date is arriving.
3W !!! LOL from a freaking 1m flipping dildo, you can barely charge the phone at lowest possible current from this - 5V @ 500mA = 2.5W.

Offline edy

• Super Contributor
    • DevHackMod Channel
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2016, 07:28:01 pm »
3W !!! LOL from a freaking 1m flipping dildo, you can barely charge the phone at lowest possible current from this - 5V @ 500mA = 2.5W.

I like how they show the Tacoma Narrows bridge collapse to demonstrate the power of resonance and oscillations, with vortex amplification... known as "aeroelastic flutter". It is definitely powerful stuff if you can harness it. But the wind has to be fairly fast I think, or you need to use gigantically long spans to harness enough energy. Here are some  interesting videos:

« Last Edit: June 21, 2016, 07:37:35 pm by edy »
YouTube: www.devhackmod.com LBRY: https://lbry.tv/@winegaming:b Bandcamp Music Link
"Ye cannae change the laws of physics, captain" - Scotty

Offline vodka

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2016, 08:27:43 pm »
I find the embryo from the project Vortex Bladeless.

And here, he said that  the electricity generation is produced by effect piezo electric .

But at the first video , his patner that the generation is produced by the effect electro-magnetic as Induction generators and alternators

I saw the web site for searching the specification technics and i didn't find nothing , but i found some things  on their blogs .

http://www.vortexbladeless.com/blog.php

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf