Author Topic: Yet another physics defying indiegogo project  (Read 3090 times)

Offline Mr.BTopic starter

• Supporter
Yet another physics defying indiegogo project
« on: May 24, 2015, 07:38:19 pm »
https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/bold-knot-world-s-fastest-charger-on-a-keychain#/story

It appears to be nothing more than a 49USD boost-battery.
That’s pretty damned expensive for a 700mAh top up charger.
I can buy 6,000mAh for that price.

Then they make the ludicrous claim that it can charge a phone twice as fast as a standard cable.

BOLD Knot is a USB charging cable that charges your phone 2x faster than other cables. The knot will charge itself after the phone gets fully charged.

Just how does it do this…???

BOLD Knot’s USB cable charges 2x faster than other cables as it optimizes power flow from the power source (laptop/PC) through blocking data transfer.

Sniff… Sniff…  :bullshit:
I approach the thinking of all of my posts using AI in the first instance. (Awkward Irregularity)

Offline oPossum

• Super Contributor
  • Very dangerous - may attack at any time
Re: Yet another physics defying indiegogo project
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2015, 07:59:23 pm »
Then they make the ludicrous claim that it can charge a phone twice as fast as a standard cable.

BOLD Knot is a USB charging cable that charges your phone 2x faster than other cables. The knot will charge itself after the phone gets fully charged.

Just how does it do this…???

Fake the presence of a 1 amp+ charger and hope the USB port can deliver. Not a good strategy, but it can actually sometimes work.

I am not in any way claiming this device will work, but there are ways to make some devices charge faster than when they are connected to a computer's USB port.

Offline m98

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2015, 10:13:37 pm »
It would only be an advantage, if the USB-port doesn't support fast charging and the mobile device does. Then the additional power required would come from the battery. When the battery is empty, then it would charge with normal 500mA.
With USB 3.0 power delivery standard, there is no more need for such hacks, so this product doesn't have much future.

Online Mechatrommer

• Super Contributor
  • reassessing directives...
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2015, 11:20:14 am »
It appears to be nothing more than a 49USD boost-battery.
so there's nothing physic defying about it. i guess new breed of evolusion from audiophoolery generation. a shame to indiegogo and kickstarter website.
Nature: Evolution and the Illusion of Randomness (Stephen L. Talbott): Its now indisputable that... organisms “expertise” contextualizes its genome, and its nonsense to say that these powers are under the control of the genome being contextualized - Barbara McClintock

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf