Author Topic: Zanco Tiny T1  (Read 3330 times)

Online ataradovTopic starter

• Super Contributor
    • Personal site
Zanco Tiny T1
« on: December 26, 2017, 07:15:46 am »
Here is another small mobile phone - https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1500916193/the-worlds-smallest-phone-introducing-the-zanco-ti

The specs are obvious BS (WTF is "32RAM + 32ROM"?), and talk time of 180 minutes on 200 mAh battery is not going to happen.

I wonder is this is rebranding of some Chinese phone, or entirely new vaporware?

PS: I'm aware of prison phones (beat the BOSS), but they are typically at least 80 mm tall.
Alex

Offline janekm

• Supporter
Re: Zanco Tiny T1
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2017, 07:54:48 am »
I think it's quite plausible... THE MTK6261D chipset is popular in "smart watch phones" so the size shouldn't be a big challenge. I can't find a Chinese one quite that small in a quick search but that may be because nobody is building phones quite this impractical to use (64x32 pixel resolution?). Talk time is often an optimistic figure  ;D

It's a smart enough campaign, I suppose, people love crazy gadgets they can show off to their friends...

Offline Urs42

• Supporter
Re: Zanco Tiny T1
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2018, 06:24:18 pm »
You won't get lots of use out of this phone in Switzerland depending on the Operator the 2G Network will be shut down between the end of 2018 and the beginning of 2020.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf