Electronics > DIPtrace

Considering the unthinkable

<< < (8/8)

SilverSolder:

--- Quote from: NivagSwerdna on March 15, 2021, 12:40:59 pm ---I use FreeRouting with KiCad and then tidy up manually; works fine for me when I am in a hurry.

--- End quote ---

What's the workflow with that -  export schematic from KiCad, do the FreeRouting, and re-import?

Does FreeRouting do AutoPlace as well?

NivagSwerdna:
I'm afraid I have lost the link but I watched a YT video on it once... do a YT search and it will turn up some tutorials.

To date I have manually placed the parts and then exported, routed, imported and then cleaned up.

If you define your trace widths and net classes it works pretty well.  It is an iterative process though... don't expect miracles...  I often end up simplifying the design as I don't optimise via count so heavily.

YMMV

SiliconWizard:

--- Quote from: SilverSolder on March 15, 2021, 03:27:59 pm ---
--- Quote from: NivagSwerdna on March 15, 2021, 12:40:59 pm ---I use FreeRouting with KiCad and then tidy up manually; works fine for me when I am in a hurry.

--- End quote ---

What's the workflow with that -  export schematic from KiCad, do the FreeRouting, and re-import?

--- End quote ---

You export a Specctra .DSN file from the Layout Editor. So you must have already imported the netlist in the Layout Editor, added a PCB outline, and placed all parts. You can pre-route some traces manually first (for critical signals), or you can leave it completely unrouted. Then you export to .DSN, import the .DSN into FreeRouting. When the autorouting in FreeRouting is done, you export the session from FreeRouting, and import it i KiCad's layout editor. That's the basic workflow.

There are ways to specifiy keepout areas and classes for FreeRouting.

--- Quote from: SilverSolder on March 15, 2021, 03:27:59 pm ---Does FreeRouting do AutoPlace as well?

--- End quote ---

Nope. But I've heard KiCad would get some autoplace feature in the future? In v6?

You can see there: https://freerouting.org/

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version