Author Topic: Dual Mosfet. Transistor, Gate, etc. Split into two schematic drawings?  (Read 5714 times)

Offline Falcon69Topic starter

• Super Contributor
Okay, as title says. Working with one IC that has, for ecample, two mosFETs in it.

Is there a way to make two schematic drawings, one for each mosFET, and then when the schematic is imported into Diptrace, it will combine those two schematic drawings into that same chip?

I could however see a problem with this, if I have more than one of those chips on the board.

Offline Galaxyrise

• Frequent Contributor
a single "component" can have multiple "parts".  You see that with a lot of the supplied two-channel op-amps that have three parts (one for each channel, and one for supply voltages.)
I am but an egg

• Super Contributor
okay, how is it done?
 and can EACH part be moved around individually on the Schematic being drawn? (out of component editor)

• Super Contributor
NM. I figured it out!

Thank You galaxie. 'Multiple Parts" was the keywords I needed to search for on google.

It seems you use Component>Add New Part....and that inserts a new page. simply copy and paste from first page the same drawn mosfet, reassign the pins, and attach correctly to the attached pattern. Then, open schematic you are drawing, place part, and you can move the pieces around individually.  Nice!

Now I can do my schematics to look more manageable.  It labeled the part as, for example, Q12.1 and Q12.2.

Putting in a new SAME IC chip, it gets labeled as Q13.1 and Q13.2....and so on.

Nice little feature.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2016, 10:04:24 pm by Falcon69 »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf