Author Topic: Itead silk letters reversed  (Read 9283 times)

Offline House91320Topic starter

• Regular Contributor
Itead silk letters reversed
« on: July 19, 2011, 04:28:42 pm »
I use diptrace and I recently ordered some board from itead studios and the lettering was reversed dose any one know the fix for this.

Offline cybergibbons

• Frequent Contributor
Re: Itead silk letters reversed
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2011, 11:40:18 am »
A mirror?

Offline sacherjj

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2011, 06:51:38 pm »
Were they the correct orientation for the side of the board you were silking?  It is easy to see a word backwards, but have it on the top layer, or vice versa.

Offline House91320Topic starter

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2011, 05:12:14 am »
its on the to layyer and is microed to what diptrace is shwoing

Offline ejeffrey

• Super Contributor
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2011, 06:22:20 am »
Always preview your gerbers before submission.  If your gerber files are all correct, complain to the board house.

Offline sdscotto

• Contributor
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2011, 09:55:43 pm »
+1 for previewing the gerbers.  I use Viewplot and GC-Preview.   I haven't used Itead, but have sent out projects created with DipTrace and gotten exactly what I designed.

Offline Chet T16

• Frequent Contributor
    • Retro-Renault
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2011, 11:30:56 am »
I used diptrace and itead and both my silk layers were fine
Chet
Paid Electron Wrestler

Offline Medo

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2011, 06:41:47 pm »
I use diptrace and I recently ordered some board from itead studios and the lettering was reversed dose any one know the fix for this.
Do not forget to turn on View -> Flip text automatically.

Online Mechatrommer

• Super Contributor
  • reassessing directives...
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2011, 07:11:32 pm »
gerber preview in diptrace showing reversed texts for bottom silk if mirror option is unchecked. should i check it (so the preview showing correct texts) before exporting and send to fab house? the same with other bottom layers? (board, paste, mask, outline etc) fyi: flip text option is disabled, only mirror option is enabled. but flip text automatically checked when i select bottom layers and unchecked when i select top layers.

ps: hehe other thing, whats the enable G54 option?
Nature: Evolution and the Illusion of Randomness (Stephen L. Talbott): Its now indisputable that... organisms “expertise” contextualizes its genome, and its nonsense to say that these powers are under the control of the genome being contextualized - Barbara McClintock

Alex

« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2011, 10:37:09 am »
1 more vote for previewing gerber files. A not so early version of eagle had a bug which created erroneous copper fills in the gerber files...

Alex

« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2011, 05:52:48 pm »
1 more vote for previewing gerber files.
you are soooo off topic! you didnt answer my questions. i hate you! >:(

There are more than one topics on this thread Mecha, lighten up, weekend almost here! Stop kidding yourself, you love me.

You should check with your board house if you need to mirror any layers. Some houses expect not-mirror gerber files to minimise errors. To view the back side properly it is normal to mirror the bottom copper and any other markings. Doing this mentally works well for smaller designs.

Offline jahonen

• Super Contributor
« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2011, 06:34:08 pm »
I have always submitted gerbers so that all layers are looked from top side of the PCB. So bottom side related layers are "mirrored". I can't stress enough importance of always checking the gerber files, especially drill-gerber alignment (one annoyance less for the manufacturer). And I also check using IPC-D365A that CAM software generated netlist and layout software netlists match. This catches possible bugs in gerber generation.

I have a "title box" in each gerber file below the actual PCB image which shows layer name etc., it helps PCB manufacturer's CAM engineer to recognize each layer. My silkscreen tends only contain some helpful texts for connectors (pin ordering etc.), not all reference designators/outlines as it tends to be messy in high component densities.

Regards,
Janne
« Last Edit: September 30, 2011, 06:36:09 pm by jahonen »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf