Author Topic: Pattern needed  (Read 4657 times)

Offline Nuno_ptTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
Pattern needed
« on: January 26, 2014, 04:26:23 pm »
Hi all,

I´m new to DipTrace, I´m making a Beacon Keyer and I need the pattern of a 4MHz crystal and te pattern of 8 x Dip Switch.

I´ve them in the schematic but without pattern so when I do CTRL + B, it give me an error and they dont show up in the board, how can I fix this?

Thanks.
Nuno
CT2IRY

Offline mcinque

• Supporter
  • I know that I know nothing
Re: Pattern needed
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2014, 08:56:43 pm »
Usually the only way to fix this kind of issue is to draw the patterns by yourself.

You can attach another pattern to them just to have no error message while converting the schematics to PCB, but it's completely useless, since you would not have the required silk on the PCB.

For the crystal,  probably you can use one of the crystals in the Crystals.eli library, they have a proper pattern already attached.

For the dip switch, you must necessarly use "Pattern Editor" and draw your silk.

It is not so hard as it seems, it's only a matter of dimensions and pin spacing. Use the Grid spacing option in VIEW>GRID SIZE to properly set the pin spacing, start placing the pads and then draw the silkscreen.

Once saved you can attach that pattern when you select the component in schematics. Or you can even build your component, just draw it (or do a copy + paste) in "Component Editor" and then link it to a pattern.

Offline Dagon

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2014, 01:23:57 pm »
Yeah don't be afraid of the pattern editor, both it and the component editor are very easy to use.

You'll find it's much faster to create your own then to spend ages searching the net for libraries.
I saw Elvis. He sat between me and bigfoot on the UFO.

Offline PedroDaGr8

• Super Contributor
  • A sociable geek chemist
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2014, 05:42:15 am »
I'll third these recommendations. The pattern editor in DipTrace is super easy. Much easier than many other programs.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done." -George Carlin

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf