Author Topic: $500 Audiofool SATA SSD Cable  (Read 10995 times)

Offline Ed.Kloonk

• Super Contributor
  • Cat video aficionado
Re: $500 Audiofool SATA SSD Cable
« Reply #25 on: February 26, 2023, 10:03:42 pm »
I'm looking for a way to be able to unplug a SATA drive via a in-line switch instead of wrenching it out of the socket on the drive and back in again or worse powering the drive off and back on.

Or even better a command to essentially do the same thing. (Reset the system's drive partition info after a full format.)
iratus parum formica

Online shapirus

• Super Contributor
« Reply #26 on: February 26, 2023, 10:35:23 pm »
Or even better a command to essentially do the same thing. (Reset the system's drive partition info after a full format.)

man partprobe

Code: [Select]
PARTPROBE(8)                               GNU Parted Manual                              PARTPROBE(8)

NAME
       partprobe - inform the OS of partition table changes

The following users thanked this post: Ed.Kloonk

Offline cilione

« Reply #27 on: February 27, 2023, 04:58:29 am »
Eargasm is my medicine because of the beta-endorphins it releases into my body. It is 18-33 times more powerful than morphine. There is no medicine or drug on Earth that can get even close to the power of the eargasm. With eargasms I was also able to double my IQ, it's that powerful (see proof in my Obscurum video). The way to get eargasms is with the Crystal Formula. This secret formula is inside the Superstar SATA cable and all other tweaks I sell. The more of them you add to your system the bigger the effect will be. The same is true when upgrading into a better formula. Most formulas doubled the performance with the next generation. After creating 36 Crystal Formulas over the past 13 years, a doubling of every generation has resulted in 34 billion times better sound between the first and last Crystal Formula. Customers were already getting eargasms from my first Crystal Formula, just imagine what the best tweaks will do. I recommend you get these while you can, because I can't create more of them in the future. The rare crystals and minerals I use are soon depleted from planet Earth.

:o

This guy has to troll. I asked the seller if he forgot to take his meds.

Offline MrMobodies

• Super Contributor
« Reply #28 on: February 27, 2023, 08:40:08 am »
"This SECRET formula"  :bullshit:  None of your business nevermind how it works.

So to sum it up: These crystals have "this secret formula" that will improve your life and make the audio sound twice better.
The more crystals you buy the more it will multiply the above.

Online Haenk

• Super Contributor
« Reply #29 on: February 27, 2023, 11:26:00 am »
Right - the power cord bullshit. From the wall socket to the amp or tuner or whatever - a few feet will do the majik. Except ... Hmmm ... how may feet of plain old simple AC wiring is in the walls and the buillding and outside coming to your wall socket. But yet that majik last few feet where you use that cable will make any difference.

Wasn't there this crazy japanese Audiophool who got his own powerline installed to his house?

...gooooooooogledidoo...

https://gizmodo.com/obsessed-audiophiles-in-japan-are-installing-their-own-1785291714
https://thevinylfactory.com/news/japanese-audiophiles-personal-utility-pole/

So what's another 500 bucks for yet another "superior" cable...

Offline Halcyon

• Global Moderator
« Reply #30 on: February 27, 2023, 12:12:16 pm »
Wasn't there this crazy japanese Audiophool who got his own powerline installed to his house?

To be fair, "private poles" are actually fairly common for houses in Australia where the blocks of land are bigger then "normal" or if you live on acreage, and where the street cabling is overhead (pole-to-pole). I have a private pole in my front yard. It's just a 3-phase tap off the lines running down the street where it then runs underground to my meter/switch box.

Someone who knows this subject more than me can confirm, but pole-to-house cabling just isn't done anymore.

Of course these crazies are doing it for entirely the wrong reasons.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2023, 12:15:57 pm by Halcyon »

Offline Ed.Kloonk

• Super Contributor
  • Cat video aficionado
« Reply #31 on: February 27, 2023, 01:06:21 pm »
Yeah for us it was to do with the sell off. The 'private pole' was the distinction made of what was grid and what was the consumer. That's not to say you own the part from the private pole to your side of the meters.
iratus parum formica

Online Haenk

• Super Contributor
« Reply #32 on: February 27, 2023, 04:04:21 pm »
I am sure, the "privat lines" are common on large private lands. But the mentioned japanese audiophool built an extra one only for his audio setup. That's not so common, even for Australia, I guess ;)

Online pcprogrammer

• Super Contributor
« Reply #33 on: February 27, 2023, 06:17:55 pm »
The article mentions 82 years old. I doubt that he can hear the difference between his setup run from one or the other utility connection.

By the looks of it his tap is from a high tension line with his own transformer, so that will reduce the line pollution a bit, but his room where he listens to the music does not seem to be adapted to the perfect sound experience. Neither does the other one with the so small apartment that opening the fridge is cumbersome.

For a real audio experience to perfection you would have to live in a studio that has been trimmed to perfection in combination with the speakers and amplifier.

To take it to the extreme go and visit a setup that has no reflections at all. Very long ago I visited such a space in Paris. Can't recall the name of the institute, but it was a very strange experience to stand in the perfect center and hearing yourself only through your bone structure. Otherwise absolute exterior silence.

Offline themadhippy

• Super Contributor
« Reply #34 on: February 27, 2023, 06:33:38 pm »
For a real audio experience to perfection you would have to
have the band play live in front of you

The following users thanked this post: MrMobodies, Haenk

Online pcprogrammer

• Super Contributor
« Reply #35 on: February 27, 2023, 07:44:06 pm »

That is a totally different experience  :-DD

Depending on the band you might need earplugs to enjoy it.

Offline xrunner

• Super Contributor
  • hp>Agilent>Keysight>???
« Reply #36 on: February 27, 2023, 08:19:33 pm »

Does the band have audiophile power cords, speaker wires, and all the majik add-ons to make their sound come out right?  :P
I told my friends I could teach them to be funny, but they all just laughed at me.

The following users thanked this post: newbrain, MrMobodies

Offline MrMobodies

• Super Contributor
« Reply #37 on: February 27, 2023, 08:56:41 pm »
That's an idea for if you want good stuff to find out what bands use and even recording studios.

Offline themadhippy

• Super Contributor
« Reply #38 on: February 27, 2023, 09:10:04 pm »
if you want good stuff to find out what bands use and even recording studios
bog standard nothing fancy,the most exotic you'll find is star quad with neutrik on the ends.

Offline Halcyon

• Global Moderator
« Reply #39 on: February 28, 2023, 09:13:24 am »
if you want good stuff to find out what bands use and even recording studios
bog standard nothing fancy,the most exotic you'll find is star quad with neutrik on the ends.

Oh come on, Neutrik is fancy compared to the Chinese shit you can buy.

Offline BradC

• Super Contributor
« Reply #40 on: February 28, 2023, 01:15:38 pm »
Does the band have audiophile power cords, speaker wires, and all the majik add-ons to make their sound come out right?  :P

When you look at the power rigs some bands use behind their guitar amps (AVR units, power isolation or even completely synthetic AC sources) the answer to that is *yes*.

Offline themadhippy

• Super Contributor
« Reply #41 on: February 28, 2023, 02:46:06 pm »
When you look at the power rigs some bands use behind their guitar amps (AVR units, power isolation or even completely synthetic AC sources) the answer to that is *yes*.
But that aint for audio quality reasons,thats more to do with protecting the kit from the dodgy power the 50 year old genny is spluttering out,it also makes multi country touring much simpler if you aint gotta worry about it being 110v  or 230v 50Hz or 60Hz,and whist not so much of an issue in guitar world,step over to keyboard central and having a genys speed  ramping up and down  can really upset the musos day if there using vintage kit

Offline BradC

• Super Contributor
« Reply #42 on: February 28, 2023, 03:25:43 pm »
But that aint for audio quality reasons,thats more to do with protecting the kit from the dodgy power the 50 year old genny is spluttering out,it also makes multi country touring much simpler if you aint gotta worry about it being 110v  or 230v 50Hz or 60Hz,and whist not so much of an issue in guitar world,step over to keyboard central and having a genys speed  ramping up and down  can really upset the musos day if there using vintage kit

I read a great article with one of AC/DCs tour techs. He said Angus Young could quite easily tell if his amps weren't receiving pretty close to 236V on the button.

Offline AVGresponding

• Super Contributor
  • Exploring Rabbit Holes Since The 1970s
« Reply #43 on: February 28, 2023, 05:20:31 pm »

I read a great article with one of AC/DCs tour techs. He said Angus Young could quite easily tell if his amps weren't receiving pretty close to 236V on the button.

And if you believe that, I have some magic beans I want to sell you...
nuqDaq yuch Dapol?
Addiction count: Agilent-AVO-BlackStar-Brymen-Chauvin Arnoux-Fluke-GenRad-Hameg-HP-Keithley-IsoTech-Mastech-Megger-Metrix-Micronta-Racal-RFL-Siglent-Solartron-Tektronix-Thurlby-Time Electronics-TTi-UniT

The following users thanked this post: MrMobodies

Offline MrMobodies

• Super Contributor
« Reply #44 on: February 28, 2023, 06:59:24 pm »
I read a great article with one of AC/DCs tour techs. He said Angus Young * could quite easily tell if his amps weren't receiving pretty close to 236V on the button.

* How?

You know on old power supplies like ten years ago when the capacitors were wearing on them I could <* Redacted. None of your bloody business!> quite easily tell as well.

How? Changes in fan rpm that correlate to sudden power demand elsewhere. I hear the fans spin up and down a bit like on high cpu usage and activity with graphics card which obviously points to a drop on the 12v rail struggling to provide enough power.

I am sure he might have a way to identify a change in voltage on his kit or familiar pieces of kit that exhibit a common symptom that many may not know what to look or hear out for.

To me it's not a mystery but they seem to make it like it is one. I wonder whether he could he do it under a double blind test on it and across other pieces of kit where power supplies in them are designed differently.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2023, 09:03:58 pm by MrMobodies »

Offline Ed.Kloonk

• Super Contributor
  • Cat video aficionado
« Reply #45 on: February 28, 2023, 08:37:04 pm »
Brian May's guitar tech drags around an inverter set to 234/50.

https://youtu.be/jJ_OamX-PA8?t=1700
iratus parum formica

The following users thanked this post: xrunner, MrMobodies

Offline xrunner

• Super Contributor
  • hp>Agilent>Keysight>???
« Reply #46 on: February 28, 2023, 10:44:52 pm »
Brian May's guitar tech drags around an inverter set to 234/50.

https://youtu.be/jJ_OamX-PA8?t=1700

Yea I've watched that video in the past. What he's doing (Pete Malandrone) is perfectly understandable. He wants the valve (I mean tube   :P ) amps to get the same AC power no matter where they go. They may change volume level a little bit or tone quality (even though I think they had some of that circuitry removed) if the power is a little off from 234 VAC. OK - those things are objective measurable parameters - not audiophool majik.
I told my friends I could teach them to be funny, but they all just laughed at me.

The following users thanked this post: Ed.Kloonk

Offline MartinX

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #47 on: February 28, 2023, 10:52:46 pm »
The guy behind those cables and audiophile rocks started to post in Swedish HiFi forums probably 15 years ago his views were controversial to say the least, he made outrageous claims about HiFi, food, health and all sorts of tweaks he made to his sound system, and compared to this guy the famous Peter Belt was a complete amateur.  After a while he focused a lot on crystals and started Coconut audio selling the extremely thick mains cables.

Some people on the forums thought the hole thing was so strange they speculated maybe he was some sort of conceptual artist trolling them. Then Coconut audio was changed to audiophile rocks and it still goes on, I think the guy is honest in the sense that he believes it works and that his cables and other tweaks makes the sound better.

The following users thanked this post: MrMobodies

Offline MrMobodies

• Super Contributor
« Reply #48 on: February 28, 2023, 11:24:52 pm »
Anything to do with this?

http://www.adventuresinhifiaudio.com/14/01/2016/coconut-audios-vibradome-blue-star-into-the-unknown/#:~:text='Founded in 2010, Coconut Audio,sound of the audio system.
Coconut Audio’s Vibradome Blue Star – Into The Unknown
Accessories Review 14 Jan 2016

Firstly my heartfelt apology to Kamilla Liljegren of Coconut Audio, who contacted me last year (June) out of the blue to review one of her ‘Tweaks’, as she markets them, the Vibradome Blue Star. I am late to this, very – sorry – and as such recently checking her website it looks like the Blue Star might have been discontinued (1), however as Coconut Audio are still trading and have new products to replace/supersede the Blue Star I felt I would continue to do the review, if nothing else to highlight the ‘Tweaks’ and how one of them worked.

For what they are worth, here are my thoughts, and experiences.

I must be honest, I was somewhat sceptical of Conconut Audio and I was, after checking the website out, going to decline Kamilla’s offer of a review as frankly this smacked of ‘New Age’ mumbo jumbo. However I do have an open mind and I was curious, so after much thought I replied to her email and agreed to accept a Vibradome Blue Star for review.

Frankly I don’t understand how placing a Blue Star on top of any of my equipment could make a difference, and I won’t pretend to being knowledgeable about how crystals might be able to effect a piece of audio equipment, but Coconut Audio feel they do as their product range, which includes interconnects, speaker cables SATA, USB and powercables are all based on using crystals.

Conclusions

Well I came to this very sceptical, I came pretty close to saying thank you but no thank you to Kamilla Liljegren’s offer of a review, as frankly I just can’t imagine how things like this are anything but a con to gullible audiophiles who accept things with not even a remote basis in engineering or science (3), * but in the case of the Coconut Audio Vibradome Blue Star its presence on a CD player, Pre-amplifier and Power-amplifier did make a very audible difference and being on either of those three items brought a repeatable improvement to music reproduction in my system.

I can offer no explanation for this, I am at a total loss but I heard what I heard and as such I must accept that this particular item does what it says on the tin, I just can’t tell you how. However what I can say is that I feel – for those with an open mind – that Coconut Audio’s Vibradome Blue Star, is definitely worth a try.

Neil

Source of loan – Manufacturer .

UK Retail Price  £50 – available directly from Coconut Audio.

Coconut Audio

Organization number: 9201264307

VAT number: SE 920126430701

Office address:

Kamilla Liljegren
Lysviksgatan 42
12342 Farsta
Sweden

* Could it be his sense of perception increased during the review trying to find answers?

Offline james_s

• Super Contributor
« Reply #49 on: February 28, 2023, 11:30:35 pm »
To be fair, "private poles" are actually fairly common for houses in Australia where the blocks of land are bigger then "normal" or if you live on acreage, and where the street cabling is overhead (pole-to-pole). I have a private pole in my front yard. It's just a 3-phase tap off the lines running down the street where it then runs underground to my meter/switch box.

Someone who knows this subject more than me can confirm, but pole-to-house cabling just isn't done anymore.

Of course these crazies are doing it for entirely the wrong reasons.

My grandma's house had that. Actually she had two poles on her property, and a dedicated transformer feeding only her house which was formerly a chicken farm and thus had quite high power requirements back in the 60s when it was installed. The land was large enough that multiple poles were required to span the distance between the road and the house. I remember her saying they used a "trick" to greatly reduce the cost and paid for a leased yard light on a pole which the PUD would do at least back then. That way the utility would pay for everything up to the pole near the house which had the yard light on it, and from that it was only about a 40 foot run of triplex from that pole to the house.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf