Author Topic: $500 Audiofool SATA SSD Cable  (Read 11005 times)

Offline MrMobodies

• Super Contributor
Re: $500 Audiofool/COCONUTAUDIO UNREAL SATA Cable
« Reply #50 on: February 28, 2023, 11:36:02 pm »
Oh look what I found under another name:

https://web.archive.org/web/20140511002314/http://coconut-audio.com/digital.html
Unreal SATA

Unreal SATA gives a blacker background :bullshit: with more detail than Megalodon SATA. You will hear sounds you never heard before.

Specifications
2-stage Alien crystal formula
Ultra Transparent Crystal Treatment
SATA 6Gbps
Whitewood tree fibers
Black crystal crust
32mm thick
50 cm long

Price: $3,000
Factory :bullshit: Direct price: $1,500 (must be selling loads of these to be manufactured in a factory)
2 weeks building time

E-mail us to order: order@coconut-audio.com

Shipping
Worldwide shipping is included in the price. This cable is shipped with Registered Mail that is often as quick as Express.
A hose with some crystal and fibre artwork on it.

The guy behind those cables and audiophile rocks started to post in Swedish HiFi forums probably 15 years ago his views were controversial to say the least, he made outrageous claims
Just like this one on their ebay listing:
About
The precious crystals used in our Hi-Fi tweaks can no longer be found on planet Earth.  :bullshit: We sell the remaining tweaks here until they are gone forever.

Nonsense... sounds to me he pulls it out of his backside with a bit of pressure selling. I am sure if and when he feels like it more will come out like that.

So he is saying he is the *only* person capable of making this *magical* stuff that you slap on your audio gear to improve the sound and others can't do the same.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2023, 11:57:30 pm by MrMobodies »

Online Halcyon

• Global Moderator
« Reply #51 on: March 01, 2023, 02:51:00 am »
Oh look what I found under another name:

coconut-audio.com

I think it means you have to be a complete coconut to even contemplate buying one.

The stupid thing looks like a dog chew toy.

The following users thanked this post: MrMobodies

Offline MrMobodies

• Super Contributor
Re: $10000 Audiofool/COCONUTAUDIO UNREAL SPDIF Cable
« Reply #52 on: March 01, 2023, 08:04:37 am »
Just noticed this on the same page but with no picture:
Unreal 2.0 RCA * SPDIF
Picture coming soon
Special order
Specifications
2-stage Alien crystal formula
Ultra Transparent Crystal Treatment
Furutech FX-Alpha-Ag * wiring  :bullshit:
Whitewood tree fibers
Black crystal crust
20mm thick
3.5m long

Price: $10,000
Factory Direct price: $5,000 1 month building time
* How can there be wires in there when it is suppose to be optical.

https://www.brontecablecompany.com/products/copy-of-furutech-fx-alpha-ag-coaxial-fp-160-g-spdif-digital-cable
Furutech FX-Alpha-Ag Coaxial/FP-110 (G) SPDIF Digital Cable-1.5 Meter
Regular price $240.00

So $540 for 3.5m and that's about 18 times markup.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2023, 08:12:52 am by MrMobodies »

Offline Electro Detective

• Super Contributor
« Reply #53 on: March 01, 2023, 09:59:47 am »

no one else sees this?  :o

Cut off the cable ends and you have a $500 kinky toy  :D

for server geeks in the back room,

where the old school Xerox is parked   :popcorn:

Definitely an office party no go zone for normal folks, sober or not   :palm:

« Last Edit: March 01, 2023, 10:03:26 am by Electro Detective »

Offline Haenk

• Super Contributor
Re: $500 Audiofool SATA SSD Cable
« Reply #54 on: March 01, 2023, 10:15:39 am »
"2-stage Alien crystal formula"

I might invest an extra grand or so for a 3-stage Alien crystal formula tuned SATA-cable. But 2-stage is just outdated technology, no wonder the aliens left that crystal stuff in his pants or stove (not sure). Not-so-polite people and aliens would just describe it as "waste dumping"...

Offline Rick Law

• Super Contributor
« Reply #55 on: March 01, 2023, 06:05:09 pm »
I was initially rather shock that anyone would buy an meter-long AC cord at over $100 let alone 50x that.  That curiosity took me to Dave's video and others...  "What kind of nuts are these..." was dominating my thoughts.

But...  The value of things is defined by what others are willing to pay to have it.

I am sure in a blind test, one cannot distinguish whether one is wearing the Hope Diamond or one is wearing merely a properly shaped and weighted piece of common rock.  So, "fools" are aplenty everywhere you look.

If $5000 for an extension cord buys them satisfaction or happiness, It is not for me to argue....  (If you can peek into my brain, you would see my dominating thought still is: Damn bloody fools, go buy miniature solid gold toilet, it will hold its value better...)

Online xrunner

• Super Contributor
  • hp>Agilent>Keysight>???
« Reply #56 on: March 01, 2023, 06:31:09 pm »
I was initially rather shock that anyone would buy an meter-long AC cord at over $100 let alone 50x that.  That curiosity took me to Dave's video and others...  "What kind of nuts are these..." was dominating my thoughts.

"There's a sucker born every minute."

Often attributed to P.T. Barnum

I've wondered, what if the seller of these BS parts came out and just said -

"All this crap is bogus - it don't do jack squat. I will offer to refund all your money."

This after many audiofools have made posted claims of sound improvement. How many would admit they were wrong and get the refund? I bet not all would.
I told my friends I could teach them to be funny, but they all just laughed at me.

Offline pcprogrammer

• Super Contributor
« Reply #57 on: March 01, 2023, 07:09:52 pm »
This after many audiofools have made posted claims of sound improvement. How many would admit they were wrong and get the refund? I bet not all would.

Nobody likes to admit they were fooled, so you are likely to win  8)

Offline Electro Detective

• Super Contributor
« Reply #58 on: March 02, 2023, 09:56:15 am »

Nobody likes to admit they were fooled, so you are likely to win  8)

They are more likely to state that any comment and exposure of their ripoff foolery expenditure
is because concerned clued people tipping them off are jealous and poor, 
and clicking on too many Youtube mythbusting channels,

with no appreciation or understanding of   'you get what you pay for..:horse:

Offline madires

• Super Contributor
  • A qualified hobbyist ;)
« Reply #59 on: March 02, 2023, 10:25:53 am »

Classic cognitive dissonance at work. Since I can't admit wasting a large sum on audiophoolery it makes me believe the sound is better. Problem solved.

Offline Ranayna

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #60 on: March 02, 2023, 04:16:02 pm »
I always wonder how many of these things are essentially money laundering schemes.
If an actual audiophool buys one of these cables, all the better for the launderers :D

Offline MrMobodies

• Super Contributor
Re: $500 Audiofool SATA SSD Cable (ebay audiofool scammer audiophile.rocks)
« Reply #61 on: March 03, 2023, 05:31:55 am »
Just looking at more of his things but noticed the about info has changed from when I last looked:
Archive.org:
https://web.archive.org/web/20221210025339/https://www.ebay.com/usr/audiophile.rocks#tab1
https://www.ebay.com/usr/audiophile.rocks
About
The precious crystals used in our Hi-Fi tweaks can no longer be found on planet Earth. We sell the remaining tweaks here until they are gone forever.

Now:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/audiophile.rocks?#tab1
About
Since year 2010 we have designed thousands of rocks that are placed on top of the audio system. These contain our proprietary  :bullshit: Crystal Formula * which has been fine-tuned by ear to 0.01 gram accuracy.  :bullshit: We created 36 different levels of Crystal Formulas where the performance was doubled with every new generation. In most cases a single rock is equally good as two rocks of the previous generation. So you can either buy a more expensive rock, or many cheap ones. The prices of our rocks are based on the performance level, so whichever rock you choose to buy, you can never go wrong.
** We recommend to cover your entire system with rocks, with at least 50% coverage. *** After you reach this stage, you get the best result when upgrading to more expensive rocks.

Buzzword bullshit: Proprietary, crystal formulas, fine-tuned

* By which method used to calculate what the ear is getting? or by the ear itself? :bullshit:

** We recommend you SPEND ALL OF YOUR MONEY on rocks until there is no space left on your audio system.

*** After you reach that stage, the joy of them wears out and then you get sucked into more overpriced rocks until you get overdrawn in debt and then it is all over.

23rd of October 2020
https://web.archive.org/web/20201023095309/https://www.ebay.com/usr/audiophile.rocks
We specialize in high-end audiophile tweaks using crystal based formulas.

« Last Edit: March 03, 2023, 05:49:36 pm by MrMobodies »

Offline MrMobodies

• Super Contributor
Audiophile.rocks/Coconutaudio aka Patrick Nut
« Reply #62 on: March 03, 2023, 05:37:29 pm »
Search Google: Audiogon audiorocks
https://www.google.com/search?q=Audiogon+audiorocks
Audiophile Rocks | Shop & Research :bullshit: - Audiogon

Just found this on AUDIOGOON and I wonder is this him?
https://www.audiogon.com/listings/lisa13c3-audiophile-rocks-white-night-superstar-1m-eu-schuko-ac-cables
Sorry, this listing has ended
Audiophile Rocks White Night Superstar 1m EU Schuko [Expired]
patrick82  member since April 2005

This 1 meter Superstar cable has only been built with European style plug. It is extra thick (25mm) which gives greater vibration damping  :bullshit: . It uses our best Superstar Crystal Formula which is 3 times better than H2U2 (which was many times better than Unreal and White Night cables). This Superstar cable is built in the classic White Night design from year 2013 which was our most sold cable. The Superstar version is 10+ times better!!   :blah:
It has a rhodium  :bullshit: plated European male plug. The female end has a gold plated connector with a Furutech outer barrel with better clamps, this makes the sound a little warmer than my other cables. This IEC connector comes from a Nordost Valhalla power cable which I cut open 15 years ago. ** All of my cables are better than Valhalla :bullshit: which is especially noticeable in how lively and detailed the music sounds like. Between the tube and plug it has white wood in multiple layers including a layer of black quartz crystals which are hidden on the inside. I have only built a couple cables in this improved design because the construction is more complex compared to my normal cables. But it gives unbelievable sound quality  :bullshit: while looking beautiful at the same time!
This cable also has passive shielding on the outside for boosted performance which further sets it apart from our older cables. :bullshit:

Testimonials (year 2013 version)
"Wow how good the sound became. Wider :bullshit: and deeper soundstage, treble became crispy :bullshit: nice and the voices transformed  :bullshit: into people. Everything got better." - Vox   "Cable performance is excellent, blacker :bullshit: background, more detail and a more natural :bullshit: sound reproduction  :bullshit:. I didn't think this was possible. You are a genius." - Objektivisten   "It feels so amazinly organic :bullshit: in the sound, very fine detail and impressive size in all directions  :bullshit:." - Kurt49 Producer / Song writer
"It's like I'm surrounded by music. * The 3-dimensionality is impressive. And no, I'm only running two channel speakers. This cable is definitely in a different league." - Cheez

Specifications
Crystal Formula: Superstar Wiring: Standard copper Connectors: Rhodium plated European Schuko plug. Gold plated Wattgate IEC with Furutech FI-11 (R) outer barrel and clamps. Seal: White wood + black quartz crystals (hidden).
Sleeving: Techflex Grey carbon. Grounding: Yes Shielding: Yes. Active and Passive. Thickness of conductors: 15awg Thickness of tubing: 25mm Length: 100cm

Burn-in time
While the copper cable sounds amazing right from the beginning, it doesn't reach its full performance until after 1+ months of burn-in time. We made a direct comparison between two identical cables with different burn-in times. The first cable was burned in for a week, the second cable was burned in only 2 hours  :bullshit:. The one with 1 week burn-in time sounded more lively with greater dynamics  :bullshit:, detail, clarity, smoothness  :bullshit: and bass in a larger soundstage. The vocals sounded more transparent :bullshit: and realistic  :bullshit: while being more distinct from the rest of the music.
Opinions for facts.
*It is surround sound like SRS3D/DTS in some form or effect built into the amp or player.
**Every other cable has got to be better than his in that he just picks any bog standard normal sata cable and threads it through some art decor rock and hose.

Search Google: coconut audio patrick
https://www.google.com/search?q=coconut+audio+patrick
Patrick Nut - Inventor - Coconut-Audio | LinkedIn

https://se.linkedin.com/in/patrick-nut-00486a89
Patrick Nut
Inventor på Coconut-Audio
Greater Stockholm Metropolitan Area
1 följare 1 kontakt
Bli medlem för att se profilen
Coconut-Audio

Erfarenhet
Coconut-Audio-bild
Inventor
  :bullshit:

So it IS him and he has an AudioGoon account too.

Nut as in the name.
I wonder if that his not his real name, he knows what he is doing and making making a mockery out of it.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2023, 09:03:48 pm by MrMobodies »

The following users thanked this post: xrunner

Offline MrMobodies

• Super Contributor
Re: $500 Audiofool SATA SSD Cable LAST ONE LIE
« Reply #63 on: March 08, 2023, 01:54:33 pm »
He lied twice before about his Superstar Sata cable being the last one:
https://www.ebay.com/fdbk/feedback_profile/audiophile.rocks?user_context=BUYER
Superstar SATA computer cable 20mm black/white 0.5m LAST ONE! (Audiophile Rocks) (#294564954429) More than a year ago
Superstar SATA computer cable 20mm blue 0.5m LAST ONE! (Audiophile Rocks) (#294564938789) More than a year ago

So he lie's again that his latest Superstar sata cable is his last one in his live listing:
Superstar SATA 25mm 0.5m grey carbon (LAST and best computer Hi-Fi cable) (#295484459432)
https://www.ebay.com/itm/295484459432

Unless he means just the art decor and not his "proprietary formula".

Item description from the seller

The best SATA cable ever made, but also the last one; we can't build more of it because the crystals are depleted from planet Earth! I have been using it in my system for 4 years, but it's still in excellent condition. The cable is 0.5m long with standard SATA 3.0 connectors. Internally it has our classic Superstar Crystal Formula which is optimized for source components, so it's perfect for the computer. The ends are built from wood and black quartz crystals for extra strength. The tubing is 25mm thick and contains twice the Crystal Formula over the 20mm version.

I'll have to wait and see for another listing to see if that says the same thing.

« Last Edit: March 08, 2023, 02:18:27 pm by MrMobodies »

Offline Haenk

• Super Contributor
« Reply #64 on: March 08, 2023, 06:07:34 pm »

Now that looks like a legit salesman. I would happily hand him over thousands of bucks for some space optimized crap crystals.

Offline pcprogrammer

• Super Contributor
« Reply #65 on: March 08, 2023, 06:37:26 pm »
How gullible do you have to be to buy into this bullshit.  :-DD

Online xrunner

• Super Contributor
  • hp>Agilent>Keysight>???
« Reply #66 on: March 08, 2023, 06:50:12 pm »
How gullible do you have to be to buy into this bullshit.  :-DD

Hmmm. I'm wonderin' what would happen if I put one or two of them rock-things on top of my 34401A, would it improve it's performance?
I told my friends I could teach them to be funny, but they all just laughed at me.

The following users thanked this post: MrMobodies, pcprogrammer

Offline aeberbach

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #67 on: March 08, 2023, 08:10:12 pm »
Isn't the disguise a giveaway? He doesn't have an online betting agency or pub full of pokies to do it with, so he's taking money for nothing cottage industry style. At least he's only targeting those with too much money to begin with.
Software guy studying B.Eng.

Offline Haenk

• Super Contributor
« Reply #68 on: March 09, 2023, 01:09:51 pm »
I think I have identified this guy.

https://www.hitta.se/patrick+marcus+sebastian+liljegren/bergvik/person/dRw-1J7ecE

Age matches, "Patrick" matches, and the Liljegren from Coconut matches as well.

More:
https://www.youtube.com/c/RotationMaster
« Last Edit: March 09, 2023, 01:49:43 pm by Haenk »

Offline MrMobodies

• Super Contributor
Re: Audiofool Patrick Marcus Sebastian Liljegren
« Reply #69 on: March 09, 2023, 03:08:20 pm »
Excellent work, "Patrick Marcus Sebastian Liljegren" now that Sounds more like it.

"Nut" didn't sound to me like part of his real name at first but now I think he could mean it shortened for coconut.

See the outline? I wonder if that is greenscreened.

Also despite the audio equipment showing a shadows on that pool table it seems a bit blurred compared to the rest and a slight reflect on the edges of the bottom side.

His appearance reminds me of something I have seen before a bit like a pirate.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2023, 03:15:30 pm by MrMobodies »

Offline themadhippy

• Super Contributor
« Reply #70 on: March 09, 2023, 03:14:18 pm »
I'm wonderin' what would happen if I put one or two of them rock-things on top of my 34401A, would it improve it's performance?
Great idea,im gonna stick a couple  on the top of my mates marshal stack,that should guarantee an international no 1 hit single.

Offline Rick Law

• Super Contributor
« Reply #71 on: March 09, 2023, 06:37:21 pm »
Foolishness knows no bounds.  It is really ironic that the really stupid ones are too stupid to know they are stupid.

It would be interesting to see, with upcoming economic downturns, if such foolishness is affected by general economic conditions as say expensive coffee.  But, given current state of affairs, there is probably a multi-million dollar government grant already given to study audio rock price vs broccoli price already.  I'll just monitor the Silly Walk Ministry website and not miss the results.

Offline MrMobodies

• Super Contributor
« Reply #72 on: March 09, 2023, 09:57:08 pm »
It looks like he green screened the whole thing apart from the snooker table and possibly the lights which he spoke of:

youtube.com/watch?v=fdGgJYsS94s

Comparing different pool masks, which one is the best
Rotation Master 3.67K subscribers
80 views  1 year ago

00:28 so i like this mask more however the lights are too dark i don't have any
lights at all on top of my pools table so i i i see everything  too dark okay i don't have any pool
table lights i don't have pool table lights i couldn't hang them anywhere but i i have the
uh the hall lights up in the ceiling very bright a total 50 000 lumens of lighting is what i have
but nothing directly on top of the pool table facing down
i don't have any any lights

Foolishness knows no bounds.  It is really ironic that the really stupid ones are too stupid to know they are stupid.
Just noticed in the background:

So he didn't just put it in there for show and removed it after the ebay listing but left it in there and it looks like he might even believe his own claims.

« Last Edit: March 09, 2023, 10:10:00 pm by MrMobodies »

Offline pmankow

« Reply #73 on: March 16, 2023, 07:59:13 pm »
Ummm.... you guys realize this is a joke and you and everyone else is being trolled... right?

Offline MrMobodies

• Super Contributor
« Reply #74 on: March 16, 2023, 08:19:26 pm »
With "Nut" in his Linkedin profile name that did cross my mind.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf