Author Topic: $500 Audiofool SATA SSD Cable  (Read 10743 times)

Offline Haenk

• Super Contributor
Re: $500 Audiofool SATA SSD Cable
« Reply #75 on: March 17, 2023, 08:08:03 am »
Ummm.... you guys realize this is a joke and you and everyone else is being trolled... right?

Per se, I would agree.
However, he is selling this stuff for years on his ebay account, so I would assume some commercial interest, which makes this a fraud.

The following users thanked this post: MrMobodies

Offline shapirus

• Super Contributor
« Reply #76 on: March 18, 2023, 05:35:35 pm »
Per se, I would agree.
However, he is selling this stuff for years on his ebay account, so I would assume some commercial interest, which makes this a fraud.
Technically, whether it's a fraud depends on what is stated in this cable's specifications.

upd: I checked the listing. There are literally no claims, except that "the best SATA cable ever made" may be considered inappropriate advertising in some jurisdictions.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2023, 05:38:58 pm by shapirus »

Offline DavidAlfa

• Super Contributor
« Reply #77 on: March 18, 2023, 09:14:56 pm »
Stop ranting about a very lucrative business, be smart, let's sell audiophile-grade toothpicks for $50 ;)
Hantek DSO2x1x            Drive        FAQ          DON'T BUY HANTEK! (Aka HALF-MADE)
Stm32 Soldering FW      Forum      Github      Donate

Offline Rick Law

• Super Contributor
« Reply #78 on: March 19, 2023, 06:41:34 pm »
Stop ranting about a very lucrative business, be smart, let's sell audiophile-grade toothpicks for $50 ;)

Nahhh...   I think "rants" and technical discussion here would not make a bit of difference at all.

If reality such as (web and printed) pages and pages of technical data, scope display, so on have already been put forth over the years and made no difference, why would a few more pages of rants by "people who doesn't have refined ears" make any difference?

In fact, folks here can use "business ideas" and this discussion reaffirms "there is money out there to be made".  It would be interesting to consult someone of high repute and respect: "If buyer is willing and no lies were told, is it moral to sell something that you know for sure wont do any good or harm?"

Offline aeberbach

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #79 on: March 19, 2023, 10:15:56 pm »

I think you will find that I have those patented, just biding my time.
Software guy studying B.Eng.

Offline MrMobodies

• Super Contributor
« Reply #80 on: March 20, 2023, 08:21:08 pm »
It would be interesting to consult someone of high repute and respect: "If buyer is willing and no lies were told, is it moral to sell something that you know for sure wont do any good or harm?"

Reminds me a bit like the gambling machines.
Doesn't do any harm until they get taken in and all their money is gone despite the warnings on the unit and a gambling careline phone number.

Taken in with the imaginary claims that it will make their audio output sound better where they say as Dave Jones mentioned something about in his Audiofoolery video that they have come out with bigger, better, bolder claims that about their new cables sounding better to hook the buyers in.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2023, 08:26:55 pm by MrMobodies »

Offline SiliconWizard

• Super Contributor
« Reply #81 on: March 23, 2023, 10:10:37 pm »
"If buyer is willing and no lies were told, is it moral to sell something that you know for sure wont do any good or harm?"

Uh. Most of what is being sold fits in that category.

Who gets to decide what is good or harmful? (Excepting harmful as in dangerous, of course, which is already illegal anyway.)

Debunking dodgy stuff is good. It's fun and has the potential to educate people.
And, anything that qualifies as a scam or is not compliant with regulations is illegal. So if you can prove something is illegal to sell, end of the story.

In all other cases, making it a moral matter and going down this slippery lane? I don't think so. ::)

Offline AVGresponding

• Super Contributor
  • Exploring Rabbit Holes Since The 1970s
« Reply #82 on: March 24, 2023, 06:48:41 am »
"If buyer is willing and no lies were told, is it moral to sell something that you know for sure wont do any good or harm?"

Uh. Most of what is being sold fits in that category.

Who gets to decide what is good or harmful? (Excepting harmful as in dangerous, of course, which is already illegal anyway.)

Debunking dodgy stuff is good. It's fun and has the potential to educate people.
And, anything that qualifies as a scam or is not compliant with regulations is illegal. So if you can prove something is illegal to sell, end of the story.

In all other cases, making it a moral matter and going down this slippery lane? I don't think so. ::)

Alcohol, tobacco, and high sugar/fat foods are all legal, and all scientifically proven to be harmful, period. Firearms are dangerous (which to me, mean they are harmful when misused, and are very easily misused) but legal in quite a few countries.

Hell, cars are dangerous, in fact any vehicle pretty much is.
nuqDaq yuch Dapol?
Addiction count: Agilent-AVO-BlackStar-Brymen-Chauvin Arnoux-Fluke-GenRad-Hameg-HP-Keithley-IsoTech-Mastech-Megger-Metrix-Micronta-Racal-RFL-Siglent-Solartron-Tektronix-Thurlby-Time Electronics-TTi-UniT

Offline nikitasius

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #83 on: April 04, 2023, 07:00:03 am »
Almost 4y ago i made my own cable for my headphones.

It use litz 0.7mm², G+L braided w/ step 20mm, G+R w/ step 34mm, and both channels are braided w/ step 50mm guess. Also it's shielded additionally.
It's well protected and well soldered. Sound is improved 😁
There are idlers that want to have money without working and fools that are ready to work without becoming rich.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf