Author Topic: Air Design Card  (Read 2211 times)

Offline harerodTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
  • ee - digital & analog
    • My services:
Air Design Card
« on: April 01, 2021, 05:12:00 pm »
Has anybody heard of this product? It is simply fantastic:
"Powerless,eco-friendly air purification card." <- English text on the card

Helps with hay fever, virus, allergen, PM2.5 and best of all - deodorizes. I was permitted to hold this marvel in my trembling fingers today. I haven't figured out yet, whether carrying this product would exempt me from wearing an FFP2-mask.

"In September 2013, a developer of Sharp Corporation's Plasmacluster, the late Dr. Hideyuki Nakagawa, brought to life the cluster Ion + Far-Infrared Radiation Card, which is Air Design Card." <- https://hawaiihoaloha.com/products/air-design-card
https://www.seineline.com/health/airdesigncard.html <- Japanese web site

Sadly, I didn't have any test tools with me, cutting this expensive piece of high-tech open was not an option, of course.

When asked for my expertise, I ventured that the best I could say is, that this thing most probably doesn't do much harm to the bearer and his environment. And it comes dirt cheap at 65$.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2021, 05:18:14 pm by harerod »

The following users thanked this post: ebastler

Online ebastler

• Super Contributor
Re: Air Design Card
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2021, 08:55:52 pm »
I'm afraid I have to break very disappointing news to you: The card is totally powerless. The manufacturer is honest enough to admit that, right there on the back.  ::)

Offline sleemanj

• Super Contributor
  • Professional tightwad.
    • The electronics hobby components I sell.
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2021, 10:23:50 pm »
Probably thorium laced, probably not a good idea to cut it open in case it actually has thorium powder in it.  The last video here especially.

~~~
EEVBlog Members - get yourself 10% discount off all my electronic components for sale just use the Buy Direct links and use Coupon Code "eevblog" during checkout.  Shipping from New Zealand, international orders welcome :-)

The following users thanked this post: amyk

Offline amyk

• Super Contributor
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2021, 06:23:55 am »
Anything that claims to be, and is actually generating negative ions without any external source of power, is likely to be radioactive.

Sufficiently large doses of ionising radiation can indeed purify air, but would also cause a lot of other damage to things that shouldn't be, including humans.

Offline Haenk

• Super Contributor
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2021, 08:43:34 am »
Same stuff, but giving some explanation how it is supposed to work:

https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&u=https://ion-e-air.jp/about/

Basically, it is "wall-paint-to-go" (TiO2) and probably not containing Thorium.

The following users thanked this post: harerod

Offline harerodTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
  • ee - digital & analog
    • My services:
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2021, 11:18:02 am »
Haenk, thanks for the pointer. So I am led to believe that the spray consists of TiO2, alcohol and water and is used to turn any surface into a bigger version of the card and bracelet. I am tempted to spread toothpaste and whiskey over my furniture. Alas, I am not sure, whether the other components might negate the positive effects.

Back to the card: it looks like some thin sheet of material is laminated between the outer coating. I would like to cut it open, but that might ruin my relationship with the current card-bearer.

Offline Haenk

• Super Contributor
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2021, 03:59:51 pm »
(I'd like to add that I consider this card being utter nonsense, the effect is just next to non-existant. At least it does no harm, except hurting your wallet and make you look like a fool...)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf