Author Topic: Another laughable "high-end" audio product  (Read 13438 times)

Offline precaudTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
    • LinearZ
Another laughable "high-end" audio product
« on: February 19, 2018, 03:06:44 pm »
Total absurd, but peppered with all the right buzz words/phrases; reference, timing imbalance, asymmetric, balance the polarities (which?), symbiosis, transfer, proprietary. Sheesh.

https://www.viking-acoustics.com/audio-accessories

Who buys this cr@p?

The following users thanked this post: fonograph, Jaymo

Offline rrinker

• Super Contributor
Re: Another laughable "high-end" audio product
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2018, 03:38:50 pm »
 Total fail! After all that work, they go right ahead and bundle the two cables together! Think of the crosstalk and distortion from those two wires running in parallel! Think of the added capacitance! Least they could do would be to twist them.  :-DD :-DD :-DD :-DD :-DD :-DD

Offline BrianHG

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2018, 03:46:15 pm »
 :palm: I've been to audiophile store locally, even they would never carry this crap BS.  At least they are sensible about strict quality of products, not this 10x overpriced, under gauged for the cost for not even pure silver cables, they are half copper, while the insulator material is BS for an 8 ohm load system and the connectors are only plated + those worthless wooden blocks.  Yet, people still buy it.

2600$ + 240$ for 1/2 silver plated ends for a 3 meter pair, 1 conductor copper?  For an AC signal?  My ass that one polarity should be made of silver and the other polarity should be made of copper.  And doing this improves the sound quality...

Note I do have 100% pure silver cables, 3 meter with separate conductor pairs, for the tweeter and woofer, silver connector ends & I paid only 300$.  These guys must be making a profit killing on 2840$ for 1/4 the silver of what I got only paying 300$.  If I went for 4 pairs of equivalent high quality copper + ends properly done would have been around 75$.  Home made, around 25$.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2018, 03:52:31 pm by BrianHG »

Offline Mr. Scram

• Super Contributor
  • Display aficionado
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2018, 03:54:00 pm »
Those laser cut triangles look horribly cheap. It looks like every other laser cutter project.

Offline jsi

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2018, 07:09:48 pm »
Total absurd, but peppered with all the right buzz words/phrases; reference, timing imbalance, asymmetric, balance the polarities (which?), symbiosis, transfer, proprietary. Sheesh.

https://www.viking-acoustics.com/audio-accessories

Who buys this cr@p?
I got BS all over me, should have worn boots.   :-DD :-DD 

Seriously though  :wtf:       Audiophools  :palm: :palm:

Offline VK3DRB

• Super Contributor
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2018, 11:10:53 am »
US $320,000 per pair of speakers. I guess they don't sell too many. Just 1.25 kg of cocaine from Mexico sold on the streets of Australia could buy a pair. Or seven illegal cash transfers out of China via the notorious HSBC bank could pay for it. Yep, maybe there is a market...

https://www.viking-acoustics.com/gottenburg-odin

Online Mechatrommer

• Super Contributor
  • reassessing directives...
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2018, 11:36:35 am »
i dont find any soothing to the music they linked https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JOuCiCR7rEc&feature=youtu.be, maybe its just my Altec Lansing speakers playing the sound here are crap or i just dont get the art, but i'd rather listening to Acon or Enigma music. anybody buying the cable deserve extinction imho.
Nature: Evolution and the Illusion of Randomness (Stephen L. Talbott): Its now indisputable that... organisms “expertise” contextualizes its genome, and its nonsense to say that these powers are under the control of the genome being contextualized - Barbara McClintock

Offline hayatepilot

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2018, 02:26:39 pm »
It is one thing to sell those cables to people with too much money because they look nice, but the real problem is that the sellers say they sound better.
HiFi Voodoo in its purest form.  :-DD

Offline borjam

• Supporter
  • EA2EKH
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2018, 02:27:49 pm »
Bollocks!

What a failure, they say that the cotton is unbleached, but seems it's not organic. I wonder what they fed their poor sheeps.

I wonder, what fertilizer do they use for their cotton? Is it transgenic free??  :-DD :-DD :-DD :-DD :-DD :-DD
« Last Edit: February 22, 2018, 02:29:40 pm by borjam »

Offline rrinker

• Super Contributor
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2018, 05:36:31 pm »
 There you go, let's start a business. Almost the exact same cable, except we'll be sure to use 100% certifiable organic cotton. And trapezoids instead of triangles for better sound isolation.

:-DD :-DD

Offline BrianHG

• Super Contributor
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2018, 05:44:47 pm »
There you go, let's start a business. Almost the exact same cable, except we'll be sure to use 100% certifiable organic cotton. And trapezoids instead of triangles for better sound isolation.

:-DD :-DD
Instead, let's reverse the copper and silver conductor on the +&- sides of the cable, charge double & point out that we discovered that the other guys made a mistake in their testing.  Our reversed speaker cable actually doubles the sound quality features of theirs and we patent the reverse order the copper/silver conductors.

Basically we buy their cables and sell them for double with instructions to wire the + and - in reverse on both sides, the amp and speaker for double the sound performance....  :-DD

• Frequent Contributor
    • LinearZ
« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2018, 05:47:38 pm »
I bet the guy is going to wonder what the hell is going on when he looks at his weekly google internet stats report, showing a huge increase in page views but no biz to show for it...   :-DD

The following users thanked this post: fonograph, BrianHG

Offline ArdWar

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2018, 04:32:19 am »
Instead, let's reverse the copper and silver conductor on the +&- sides of the cable, charge double & point out that we discovered that the other guys made a mistake in their testing.  Our reversed speaker cable actually doubles the sound quality features of theirs and we patent the reverse order the copper/silver conductors.

Basically we buy their cables and sell them for double with instructions to wire the + and - in reverse on both sides, the amp and speaker for double the sound performance....  :-DD

Would be hilarious of the patent is actually granted. I'm not holding my breath, though...

The following users thanked this post: BrianHG

Offline Halcyon

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2018, 04:34:23 am »
Those laser cut triangles look horribly cheap. It looks like every other laser cutter project.

You mean the "tonewood" ?

:-DD

The following users thanked this post: Jaymo

Offline jonovid

• Super Contributor
    • JONOVID
« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2018, 06:42:18 am »

You mean the "tonewood" ?

:-DD
speakers get there own viking cable Hyperloop
Hobbyist with a basic knowledge of electronics

Offline borjam

• Supporter
  • EA2EKH
« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2018, 07:05:02 am »
I can only imagine the next business. Some kind of air purifier for wireless sound systems?  :-DD :-DD :-DD

(PS. If someone here patents it, I want my cut!)

• Frequent Contributor
    • LinearZ
« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2018, 01:53:29 pm »
Or fuses with polarity markings...

Offline borjam

• Supporter
  • EA2EKH
« Reply #18 on: February 26, 2018, 12:29:16 pm »
Or fuses with polarity markings...
I've seen "balanced" cables used with RCA connectors. Yes, I mean "balanced" like two wires connecting the center pins. Of course together with directional markings.

Offline Brumby

• Supporter
« Reply #19 on: February 26, 2018, 01:14:06 pm »
I've seen "balanced" cables used with RCA connectors. Yes, I mean "balanced" like two wires connecting the center pins. Of course together with directional markings.

:wtf:  :o

Offline julianhigginson

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #20 on: February 26, 2018, 08:54:56 pm »
Quote from: borjam

But how else do you expect people with a stereo component system with only normal RCA sockets to be able to achieve foamy enhanced dynamic clarity and holographic 3d bass with their systems?

Offline Jaymo

« Reply #21 on: February 27, 2018, 12:30:42 am »
You know what they say, "A fool and his money are soon parted".

Offline LeoTech

• Regular Contributor
  • High School student with a passion for electronics
« Reply #22 on: February 28, 2018, 05:02:37 pm »
The sad part about this is that people apparently actually buy these! And the fact that people make money of these!

I mean seriously, what has happened to this world? Where people forget all logic and everything they have learned in school, and end up buying this stuff?

The interesting part would be if someone had access to sales statistics and similar of these companies. Anyone?

Leo
High School student with a passion and interest in electronics, both analog and digital!

The following users thanked this post: fonograph

Offline jh15

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #23 on: March 01, 2018, 06:55:27 am »
Because they learned nothing in school, you got it!

Well now in USA they have to spend hours learnig learn duck and cover again.
Tek 575 curve trcr top shape, Tek 535, Tek 465. Tek 545 Hickok clone, Tesla Model S,  Ohio Scientific c24P SBC, c-64's from club days, Giant electric bicycle, Rigol stuff, Heathkit AR-15's. Heathkit ET- 3400a trainer&interface. Starlink pizza.

Offline cgroen

• Supporter
    • Carstens personal web
« Reply #24 on: March 01, 2018, 12:05:20 pm »
The sad part about this is that people apparently actually buy these! And the fact that people make money of these!

I mean seriously, what has happened to this world? Where people forget all logic and everything they have learned in school, and end up buying this stuff?

The interesting part would be if someone had access to sales statistics and similar of these companies. Anyone?

Leo

Some people also go to church on sundays....

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf