Author Topic: Another woo-woo fuse for audio-phools to talk wankery over.  (Read 8604 times)

Online Haenk

• Super Contributor
Re: Another woo-woo fuse for audio-phools to talk wankery over.
« Reply #25 on: March 25, 2020, 05:33:54 pm »
how can you tell the quality of an aiophool item ? the more zeroes it has behind the leading digit, the better !

But then you only get "99.999999%OFC", for that pricing, I'd expect them to hunt down every single non-Cu atom in there. All those "9"s look ugly and considering this is an open loop, a "0" will certainly do better in there, audio-wise. At least they didn't fool us into rounding numbers up to 100%, maybe one day they will offer a far superior product :)

Online SiliconWizard

• Super Contributor
« Reply #26 on: March 25, 2020, 05:36:12 pm »
If you do not know the direction of flow you should listen to the fuse inserted in both directions.  One direction will sound more detailed.

I for one have never listened to fuses. I wonder how melodious that would be. :-DD

And I still don't know how to listen to a fuse... :'(

Do you use some kind of stethoscope? :P

SantaClaw

« Reply #27 on: March 25, 2020, 05:38:01 pm »

You grab a good ground/earth with your right arm, then you grab the shiny end of the fuse, while it's in circuit and playing your favorite tunes.

Now, you should be able to feel the good vibes.

Offline El Rubio

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #28 on: March 26, 2020, 03:19:31 am »
Rumor has it that if you fully burn in your directional fuses, then reverse them, the music will repeat something about Paul being dead.
I'm flabbergasted at how many companies are on this BS bandwagon. It's as if they sit around and try to come up with some unneeded doo-dad every other month. They have super wires, then super-duper wires, then power cords, little stands to keep your wires off the floor, then fancy fuses, wooden ground boxes that they never show you what is inside except to say it is silver, and everyone with any fidelity knows that silver is the most conductive material on earth and makes the best wires, connectors, etc....that is, until Fidelium came along. Fancy flat speaker wires made of special alloy that is 330% better than the previous model. Funny that "Fidelium" is latin for Faithful. How ironic is the faithfulness required to believe the claims.

This started as a funny tidbit that I thought surely nobody really buys into this garbage, but now it just pisses me off. i still get a laugh out of it.

Offline Cerebus

• Super Contributor
« Reply #29 on: March 26, 2020, 03:50:41 am »
Edit: also adds depth to Eminem recordings.

Now c'mon that's taking it too far. Nothing could add depth to Eminem recordings.
Anybody got a syringe I can use to squeeze the magic smoke back into this?

Offline bd139

• Super Contributor
« Reply #30 on: March 26, 2020, 08:59:49 am »
Hence my outlandish claim!  :-DD

The following users thanked this post: WattsThat

Offline free_electron

• Super Contributor
    • SiliconValleyGarage
« Reply #31 on: March 26, 2020, 01:43:22 pm »
If you do not know the direction of flow you should listen to the fuse inserted in both directions.  One direction will sound more detailed.

I for one have never listened to fuses. I wonder how melodious that would be. :-DD

For these kind of audiofuses : you shove them in the sellers behind and listen to the cries. the harder he/she yells , the better the quality of the fuse
Professional Electron Wrangler.
Any comments, or points of view expressed, are my own and not endorsed , induced or compensated by my employer(s).

The following users thanked this post: Sal Ammoniac, bd139

Offline Cyberdragon

• Super Contributor
« Reply #32 on: March 26, 2020, 05:10:38 pm »
Edit: also adds depth to Eminem recordings.

Now c'mon that's taking it too far. Nothing could add depth to Eminem recordings.

Oh yeah? Well my special Super DAC Unit and associated oxygen free, directional, room temperature superconductor cables can convert all the mumble in any mumble rap into crisp, clear, understandable lyrics using Super Synergy AI Advanced Algorithms and Subatomic Lyric Reallignment. Add the Quantum Musical Entanglement Unit for just $500,000 and the tune you listen to will be streamed straight from a real musician's brain.

But wait there's more! Get the Quantum Melody Amp for sale at just $300,000! Wow! Using superior superconductor switch output drive and Holy Purity Tubes (tm) in the preamp it will totally immerse you in the best sound ever! As a side bonus it will sonically treat the room and blow away any haters using the Pure Sonic Power Cleansing System to enure maximum purity in your musical space.*

>:D

*Warning! Triggering the Doubt Detector System may kill you and cause the entire sound system to self destruct. We at Cyber Scam Audio are not liable for any triggering of the Doubt Detector System.
*BZZZZZZAAAAAP*
Voltamort strikes again!
Explodingus - someone who frequently causes accidental explosions

The following users thanked this post: bd139

SantaClaw

« Reply #33 on: March 27, 2020, 02:10:50 am »
I bet, if I turn on the 1200w PA amp powering my 15" subwoofer, and turn the lowpass filter to subsonic, you'd be able to feel depth to just about any song.  \$\Omega\$

Offline Cyberdragon

• Super Contributor
« Reply #34 on: March 27, 2020, 05:01:06 am »
I bet, if I turn on the 1200w PA amp powering my 15" subwoofer, and turn the lowpass filter to subsonic, you'd be able to feel depth to just about any song.  \$\Omega\$

Nah, with most crappy hip-hop/mumble rap it makes a low farting noise. Basically the note of 3rd gear.* ;D

*Mythbusters reference
*BZZZZZZAAAAAP*
Voltamort strikes again!

Online SiliconWizard

• Super Contributor
« Reply #35 on: March 27, 2020, 04:59:27 pm »
Just a fun thought... If we try keeping the "logic" of those people that think fuses and mains wiring matter, I guess they should also consider rewiring their whole house to be consistent? And maybe the neighborhood distribution wiring as well? Shouldn't they go all the way up to the power plant? ;D

Offline Cyberdragon

• Super Contributor
« Reply #36 on: March 27, 2020, 05:15:44 pm »
Just a fun thought... If we try keeping the "logic" of those people that think fuses and mains wiring matter, I guess they should also consider rewiring their whole house to be consistent? And maybe the neighborhood distribution wiring as well? Shouldn't they go all the way up to the power plant? ;D

This has been brought up before. Even their own logic contradicts itself, it's just like flat earthers and other conspiracy nuts, their own bs logic doesn't hold water against itself.
*BZZZZZZAAAAAP*
Voltamort strikes again!

Offline AVGresponding

• Super Contributor
  • Exploring Rabbit Holes Since The 1970s
« Reply #37 on: March 28, 2020, 01:49:04 am »

Indeed, and if the power comes from renewables like solar..?

I hear that 21cm band interference really fkks up your Eminem listening experience, clearly we need to rewire the Sun.
nuqDaq yuch Dapol?
Addiction count: Agilent-AVO-BlackStar-Brymen-Chauvin Arnoux-Fluke-GenRad-Hameg-HP-Keithley-IsoTech-Mastech-Megger-Metrix-Micronta-Racal-RFL-Siglent-Solartron-Tektronix-Thurlby-Time Electronics-TTi-UniT

SantaClaw

« Reply #38 on: March 28, 2020, 01:51:28 am »
I figure, in stead of spending 2000k on a Cable.

Buy a high end Online UPS..

It should filter out any power spikes/noise and provide as pure and clean as power gets. I am not however sure how good they are at handling the dynamic loads of a large amplifier though.

If you actually wanted stable and clean power for you Amplifiers

Online Haenk

• Super Contributor
« Reply #39 on: March 28, 2020, 07:38:34 am »

I would suggest just buying batteries and connecting them directly to the individual voltage rails. No hum, no grounding problems, lowest noise possible. Might not be ideal for a powerful amp, though...

Offline Electro Detective

• Super Contributor
« Reply #40 on: March 28, 2020, 09:02:10 am »

Audiophool Grade 'Zero ESR' Precision Batteries won't be cheap  :o

..and another grandparents house going to auction  :D

Online SiliconWizard

• Super Contributor
« Reply #41 on: March 28, 2020, 03:10:39 pm »

I think there are some very high-end audio gear that are fully designed to run solely on DC, and powered by big batteries only. No AC ripple, no coupled noise. That's the only "simple" (yet costly) solution to get rid of any potential noise coming from the power supplies, if that ever matters. And as costly as it can be, it's probably still a lot less expensive than $20000 cables and voodoo mains filters. ::)

SantaClaw

« Reply #42 on: March 29, 2020, 05:26:21 pm »
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000824299630.html

^^ Cheapo fuses... they have 1 silver and one gold plated end, for the best of both worlds... I guess?

Offline Cerebus

• Super Contributor
« Reply #43 on: March 29, 2020, 06:26:09 pm »
^^ Cheapo fuses... they have 1 silver and one gold plated end, for the best of both worlds... I guess?

Silly boy, it's so you know which way around you need to put them in. Like batteries, right?
Anybody got a syringe I can use to squeeze the magic smoke back into this?

Offline Electro Detective

• Super Contributor
« Reply #44 on: March 30, 2020, 09:16:27 am »

FYI: Silver side of the fuse to the incoming mains,

Gold side going to the PSU section

If you get it wrong, you may as well be listening to a cassette Walkman with dirty heads and slipping pinch roller   :horse:

Offline Sal Ammoniac

• Super Contributor
« Reply #45 on: March 30, 2020, 08:34:31 pm »
I'm flabbergasted at how many companies are on this BS bandwagon. It's as if they sit around and try to come up with some unneeded doo-dad every other month.

It's not surprising in the least. Much of this nonsense is fueled by the audiophool press. Publications like Audiophile and The Absolute Sound do their best to promote this crap.
Complexity is the number-one enemy of high-quality code.

Offline Sal Ammoniac

• Super Contributor
Complexity is the number-one enemy of high-quality code.

Offline Circlotron

• Super Contributor
« Reply #47 on: March 30, 2020, 09:08:47 pm »
Some clever person here should start selling a magic box for audiophools that connects to the internet and the customer has to pay a monthly subscription fee for it to keep flashing its LEDs.  >:D

The following users thanked this post: Cyberdragon, Electro Detective, bd139

Offline bd139

• Super Contributor
« Reply #48 on: March 30, 2020, 09:14:51 pm »
I think you just managed to reinvent the entire IoT market there.

Offline AVGresponding

• Super Contributor
  • Exploring Rabbit Holes Since The 1970s
« Reply #49 on: March 30, 2020, 09:29:12 pm »
Some clever person here should start selling a magic box for audiophools that connects to the internet and the customer has to pay a monthly subscription fee for it to keep flashing its LEDs.  >:D

Don't Apple already do that..?   :popcorn:
nuqDaq yuch Dapol?
Addiction count: Agilent-AVO-BlackStar-Brymen-Chauvin Arnoux-Fluke-GenRad-Hameg-HP-Keithley-IsoTech-Mastech-Megger-Metrix-Micronta-Racal-RFL-Siglent-Solartron-Tektronix-Thurlby-Time Electronics-TTi-UniT

The following users thanked this post: Cyberdragon, Electro Detective

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf