Products > Dodgy Technology

Argos "Faraday Box"

(1/6) > >>

AVGresponding:
Found this while shopping around for an engine oil extraction pump. Words fail me...

https://www.argos.co.uk/product/9216455?clickPR=plp:12:27

Ranayna:
It does not look all that well made, but it is not really expensive.
And their scenario is, or at least was, a valid one. I do not know if current keyless go systems are still vulnerable, but in the past, repeating attacks were definetely possible.

So what makes this dodgy?

bson:
Assuming the cage has no gaps or openings when closed, then why wouldn't it work?

Cerebus:

--- Quote from: Ranayna on September 19, 2021, 11:40:05 am ---It does not look all that well made, but it is not really expensive.
And their scenario is, or at least was, a valid one. I do not know if current keyless go systems are still vulnerable, but in the past, repeating attacks were definetely possible.

--- End quote ---

I doubt that these keyfobs will ever be resistant to "MIG in the middle" type attacks simply because a low power consumption keyfob will never be able to support the 'time of flight' processing that is necessary to defeat it.

--- Quote ---So what makes this dodgy?

--- End quote ---

The £15. For that you can get several metal biscuit tins - complete with yummy bickies - that will do the job just as well, if not better. I think the last metal biscuit tin I bought as a screening can cost me £3 and I got to eat the biscuits.

bob91343:
You mean there are key fobs that emit signals while in your pocket?  I thought the only time was when you pushed the button.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version