Products > Dodgy Technology

Bad/bloated web design

<< < (27/28) > >>

MrMobodies:
I was a infuriated to find this despite all the negative feedback I left over the years about this practice of dimming large parts of the page and hurting my eyes.

And there is the "APP", where possibly I'd have no control with no extensions to hide all that UI crap that I have been hiding over the years.

That looks to me like it wasn't even aimed at a tablet/mobile user but desktop users to attract them put up mindlessly.

If it didn't dim the rest of the page like that I wouldn't have felt so offended.

Forgot to name the dimming element for the above for Adblock:

--- Quote ---##.dialog.dialog--mask-fade
--- End quote ---

DiTBho:
I don't really like the Javascript abuse that people like to do these days. There are too many scripts running, too complex and usually useless.

Why did "eBay" crash Firefox yesterday? I saw the message "a script is out of control". I clicked on "stop script" but Firefox crashed.

What the frog. A web application that can crash a program in userspace. That's very worried  :-//

Nominal Animal:
Fully agreed w/Javascript!

It's useful for interactive functionality (like say EasyEDA), but the endless AJAX "let me load some content for you" and useless transitions and flashers and such... Oh man I hate those.

MrMobodies:

--- Quote from: DiTBho on October 23, 2021, 08:57:56 am ---I don't really like the Javascript abuse that people like to do these days. There are too many scripts running, too complex and usually useless.
--- End quote ---

Looking at ebay and just noticed the scrollbars disappeared.

What the hell is going on? Refresh the pages scroll and same thing happens.

Turned off adblock and that dimming "App" thing appears again.

Hiding the scrollbar, now isn't that classed as SCROLL JACKING?

Absolutely obnoxious spammy behaviour coming from ebay.

I am going to have to phone up on Monday the Concierge service and make a complaint.

Having the scroll bars taken away is one of the worst things I despise.

DiTBho:
The new hype seems to be approaching entire web development with SvelteKit and TailwindCSS. At least that means "static adapter", which has less bugs than things based on database (code injection? input-fields sanitificazion?), SvelteKit outputs HTML, CSS and JS, but it has its own "module language" and somehow compiles Vanilla Javascript.

That's worrying for me, especially because people here don't even control the results and the quality of the results, what people care about is * if * tools like Svelte can accelerate development.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version