Products > Dodgy Technology

Bad/bloated web design

<< < (50/51) > >>

MrMobodies:
Just noticed these things again but they don't flash or seem to take much much resources especially during pausing the page.

Well this is nice for a change.

I still don't like them as it is extra things to load but a lot better than resource wasting decorations that flash and annoy.

If they stop that animated placeholder nonsense I am hoping that others would follow such as Ebay.

One good change so thank you very much Amazon.

hneve:
Interesting thread here, and absolutely agree with this contrast things.

One thing you might try, if you haven't already, is using a browser extension like Dark Reader. It gives you more control over how websites appear, letting you adjust brightness, contrast, and even force a dark mode that's easier on the eyes. It's pretty handy for avoiding the jarring changes some websites implement.

Also, if Adblock isn't cutting it for removing elements that bug you, maybe give uBlock Origin a shot. It's another ad blocker but tends to be more flexible with what you can hide or block on pages. You can manually pick elements to hide, which might help with the "Add to Basket" bar and other annoying page elements taking up too much space.

When I see these kind of websites I start to forget that we are in 2024 already and some web developers remained blocked in 2009. For all my projects I prefer to invest some good money in websites, especially if these are designed for conversions. I'm working on all my projects with the guys from https://pbb.lviv.ua/en/, they always create fast, and well designed websites that brings lot of conversions.

PlainName:
If you're using FireFox, a decent addon is Disable Autoplay. It does what it says, but still allows you to manually play whatever it is by clicking on it.

PlainName:
Excellent example of how to lose potential customers:

https://www.skyrc.com/MC3000_Charger

Page is fine for about 5 seconds, and then a "Become a dealer" box pops up. Traps user input so the underlying page can't be scrolled, but there is no way to close the popup other than progress to a 'become a dealer' application.

themadhippy:

--- Quote ---Page is fine for about 5 seconds, and then a "Become a dealer" box pops up. Traps user input so the underlying page can't be scrolled, but there is no way to close the popup other than progress to a 'become a dealer' application..
--- End quote ---
not here it dont,the become a dealer icon is there,but no trapping of the cursor and scrolling works fine

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version