Author Topic: Bullshit: Texzon Wireless Power  (Read 102061 times)

Offline EEVblogTopic starter

• Administrator
    • EEVblog
Bullshit: Texzon Wireless Power
« on: February 13, 2018, 09:15:28 am »
Do we need a whole forum section for dodgy products?

The bullshit tech of the day award goes to Texzon Wireless Power
And I didn't even make it past the home page.

www.texzontechnologies.com

Online BrianHG

• Super Contributor
Re: Bullshit: Texzon Wireless Power
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2018, 09:22:49 am »
 :palm: Sadly enough, they targeted power and aging ugly power lines, wrote some BS & the website layout is flashy enough that they will get investors, which someone there will just be pocketing 95% of the dough, then one day vanish with it....

Offline cat87

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2018, 09:45:20 am »
So they want to emit  hundreds of kW or MW of power.... riiiiiiiight

Also, information on that Zenneck wave thing is kinda sketchy. Not enough solid stuff to it. As expected, of course. If they really have a patent on the stuff, why don't they give out more details? Well, obviously, because it doesn't work, but still, they could at least have made up  some

Offline daqq

• Super Contributor
    • My site
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2018, 09:59:40 am »
Yes, oh, please yes! I am in desperate need of amusement at the moment.
Believe it or not, pointy haired people do exist!
+++Divide By Cucumber Error. Please Reinstall Universe And Reboot +++

Offline ogden

• Super Contributor
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2018, 10:47:50 am »
Also, information on that Zenneck wave thing is kinda sketchy. Not enough solid stuff to it.

Some time ago it was Ring Power Multiplier, now they need more money - to research Zenneck wave :) After some time when money will dry out, there will be another invention/patent and so on.. Smells like venture investment fraud similar to freaking roadways.

Note that Texzon do not even own related patents (contrary to their claims):
https://www.google.com/patents/US7969042
https://www.google.com/patents/US20140252886

[edit] Yes, we need forum section for dodgy technologies/projects/products - upcoming or already in production.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2018, 10:52:17 am by ogden »

Offline John Heath

• Frequent Contributor
  • 2B or not 2B
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2018, 10:52:16 am »
They state . in small print . that the technology has not been proven.

And Zenneck Surface Waves which use the surface of the earth as a waveguide and travel at high levels of efficiency but had yet to be experimentally observed. Our technology uses only surface waves (guided surface waves), and not ground waves (radiated waves).

End quote

This may be consider a legal disclaimer in a court of law therefore action can not be taken for fraud.

Secondly the healthy good looking middle aged woman pictured. There market target is money in lose hands that is unlikely to read the fine print. They hit their market target right on the nose.

If I wanted to raise money for a new product I would want these guys on my team. I give a thumbs up to the marketing team. I give a thumbs down for participating in a scam. Unfortunately fairness as nothing to do with business law , buyer be ware.

Offline cat87

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2018, 11:58:01 am »
    Well, I just don't get it.... if these guys want money, why go for some unproven, obscure technology?
Why don't they stick with the normal and well-known stuff... like 10.000 $ speaker cables or a 5000 $ wire holder, so that the wires float a few inches off the floor? Also, there's waaaay more cash to be made that way. I mean, people will willingly open their wallets for this kind of "proven" technology.   :-DD
But I digress.....

Offline PA0PBZ

• Super Contributor
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2018, 12:05:56 pm »
Imagine it would work: How are they going to prevent you, me and everyone else using the energy without paying?
Keyboard error: Press F1 to continue.

Offline John Heath

• Frequent Contributor
  • 2B or not 2B
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2018, 12:42:01 pm »
Good point. Just hammer a copper stake in the ground to borrow some of their energy. I guess borrow is a little over the top for out right stealing 

Allow me to rephrase. You hammered a copper stake in the ground for a lightening ground to protection for your family and loved ones. There just happened to be some free power from the ground stake so you used it , for experimental reasons only. Who can point a finger of guilt under these circumstances. I rest my case.

Offline W8LV

• Regular Contributor
  • W8LV (and sometimes W8LV/VE3) USA/Canada
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2018, 03:40:49 pm »
Yes. We need one section for stuff like this!

And ANOTHER just for counterfeit stuff, certain Go Fund kinda sites, perhaps?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Best Regards from W8LV in Pickaway County, Ohio, USA

Online BrianHG

• Super Contributor
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2018, 02:48:52 am »

Note that Texzon do not even own related patents (contrary to their claims):
https://www.google.com/patents/US20140252886
WTF?  :palm: Why are the distance measurements in the first few graphs in Kilometers, then the next few Miles?  Then, the vertical field strength changes from mV/m to uV/m, then back to mV/m.

Reminds me of the Duracell 'Quantum' technical .pdf comparing battery output impedance curve to all the regular 'Duracell' battery .pdf.  There is 1 chart which appears to have better performance than the normal Duracells, however it only looks better until you closely look at the vertical impedance scale in the 'Quantum' batteries.  They changed and squeezed the scale on that one graph for their Quantum battery.  And if you look closely, you notice that this 1 single graph looks like it was pencil drawn by hand then scanned into the .pdf unlike every other one which was properly done.  If you reverse the vertical scale changes & account for that minuscule noise error introduced by that hand drawing, those double priced 'Duracell Quantum' batteries are IDENTICAL in performance to every other Duracell battery they make.  (Looking at size AAA through D)...
« Last Edit: February 14, 2018, 02:53:01 am by BrianHG »

Offline EEVblogTopic starter

• Administrator
    • EEVblog
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2018, 02:57:03 am »
Yes. We need one section for stuff like this!

Here it is:
https://www.eevblog.com/forum/dodgy-technology/

Offline JugglingElectrons

• Contributor
« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2018, 04:23:24 am »
What really scares me is that when people aren't familiar with data, equations, testing hypotheses, etc. they tend to latch onto something as vague as some phrasing about harnessing the Zenneck wave. It doesn't help when they are already big on woowoo. Half the time I don't know if it is just wishful emotional thinking instead of logical reasoning or that they don't have the skills to determine correct information from lies. I'm not satisfied until there is at least some data we can run with and do some further investigation on, otherwise we don't need to take any claims seriously.

Offline tarraf

« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2018, 07:05:02 am »
Texzon is now named VIZIV technologies and they published http://vizivtechnologies.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/TEXZON_Baylor_Corum16.pdf with experimental data showing attenuation of Zenneck waves with distance. In light of this data I thought it would be interesting to get your educated comments!

Here is the first graph with a 52 Mhz wave

And the second one with a 1.82 Mhz wave

Another more historical information paper is here http://vizivtechnologies.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/TWP-Paper-10-3-2017.pdf

Online jmelson

• Super Contributor
« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2018, 07:42:51 pm »
So, at 52 MHz, the field strength drops to zero at 5 km.  Well, not transmitting any energy very far like that.

And, at 1.82 MHz, they get signal out to 30,000 km!  Hmmm, where the hell did they find a 30,000 MILE long radio test range?  The entire circumference of the earth is is 25,000 mi, but their last data point is OVER 30K!  (Or, maybe I'm confused by the different dots on the chart.)

And, of course, the FCC and other nation's agencies might have something to say about broadcasting energy this way.

Jon

Offline tarraf

« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2018, 12:22:20 pm »
Their number typo is confusing. However I think they mean 30.000 km or 30 km, those are trailing zeros...and they show a map picture of the lake below where they did the experiment.
Ali

Offline zenneckwave

• Contributor
« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2018, 05:31:24 pm »
I've been working with Texzon for over 5 years on this project - its no joke. The patents for the RPM mentioned earlier are by James Corum, Texzon's (viziv) leading scientist. He confirmed the findings of the Philadelphia experiment and made objects radar-invisible in labs etc. James Corum and his brother Kenneth are the pinnacle of RF scientists.

The tower has been built
https://www.kwtx.com/content/news/Scientists-studying-wireless-electric-transmission-in-Central-Texas-494839331.html

They replicated the Seneca Lake experiments, and have performed successful demos for 3-letter government agencies. None of this is BS.

Online bd139

• Super Contributor
« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2018, 05:44:20 pm »
My bollocks-o-meter meter just exploded. Thank you  >:(

The following users thanked this post: Kilrah, newbrain, MrMobodies

Offline zenneckwave

• Contributor
« Reply #18 on: October 04, 2018, 05:53:14 pm »
First you'd have to build a receiver capable of receiving a guided wave, then give it the precision to tune to 8 or more decimal points to resonate the circuit. Good luck building the receiver to those specifications, and better luck finding the broadcast frequency.

Offline zenneckwave

• Contributor
« Reply #19 on: October 04, 2018, 05:54:03 pm »
James F. Corum is Viziv's chief scientist... they guy listed on the RPM patent.

Offline zenneckwave

• Contributor
« Reply #20 on: October 04, 2018, 05:55:48 pm »
You wont pull power out of the ground from their transmitter. Wrong physics entirely.

Offline zenneckwave

• Contributor
« Reply #21 on: October 04, 2018, 06:01:58 pm »
You're right, they just spent millions on the tower for something they never got working small scale because they wanted to pull a prank and waste theirs, and everyone else's money.

The truth is, they have demonstrated it works, they got even more funding, they built the high-power tower, and they are going to launch the wave in the next few weeks and bring up a load on the other side of the world.

Offline ogden

• Super Contributor
« Reply #22 on: October 04, 2018, 06:02:55 pm »
No offense, but This seems like next DIY cold fusion project fraud to me :)

Online mikeselectricstuff

• Super Contributor
    • Mike's Electric Stuff
« Reply #23 on: October 04, 2018, 06:06:59 pm »
I've been working with Texzon for over 5 years on this project - its no joke. The patents for the RPM mentioned earlier are by James Corum, Texzon's (viziv) leading scientist. He confirmed the findings of the Philadelphia experiment and made objects radar-invisible in labs etc. James Corum and his brother Kenneth are the pinnacle of RF scientists.

The tower has been built
https://www.kwtx.com/content/news/Scientists-studying-wireless-electric-transmission-in-Central-Texas-494839331.html

They replicated the Seneca Lake experiments, and have performed successful demos for 3-letter government agencies. None of this is BS.
“The Viziv surface wave systems will improve the quality of life for people everywhere by enabling the delivery of affordable electricity throughout the world,” Viziv Technologies states on its website.

Oh FFS :palm: Nothing to see here.
Youtube channel:Taking wierd stuff apart. Very apart.
Mike's Electric Stuff: High voltage, vintage electronics etc.
Day Job: Mostly LEDs

The following users thanked this post: jancumps

Online mikeselectricstuff

• Super Contributor
    • Mike's Electric Stuff
« Reply #24 on: October 04, 2018, 06:08:07 pm »
You're right, they just spent millions on the tower for something they never got working small scale because they wanted to pull a prank and waste theirs, and everyone else's money.

uBeam
Energeous
Fontus
Juicero
Steorn

Plenty of idiots out there pissing away money on unicorns.
Youtube channel:Taking wierd stuff apart. Very apart.
Mike's Electric Stuff: High voltage, vintage electronics etc.
Day Job: Mostly LEDs

The following users thanked this post: ludzinc, InductorbackEMF

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf