Author Topic: Bullshit: Texzon Wireless Power  (Read 102136 times)

Offline alsetalokin4017

• Super Contributor
Re: Bullshit: Texzon Wireless Power
« Reply #50 on: October 04, 2018, 08:14:25 pm »
Heh... inadvertent reception, you know what I mean! Or the sheep do, anyway...

Any hope of success depends on receiver and transmitter remaining in the near field. I don't know what that means for low frequency surface waves, but using a different system (EM rather than capacitive) I've noticed that one may get much more efficient power transfer in the near field without 1/r2 falloff.
The easiest person to fool is yourself. -- Richard Feynman

Offline bd139

• Super Contributor
« Reply #51 on: October 04, 2018, 08:26:05 pm »
I think they are just going to have to make the near field huge which has more problems.

Look at VLF propagation. Efficiency characteristics are the same. The problem with the lower frequencies is to couple the antenna into free space you have to either have a massive amount of power going into a small antenna and accept a loss (this is the normal mode of operation), or have a massive antenna which is directional. A typical dipole for VLF say 30KHz would be 4.7km long. You can electrically shorten this but you blow efficiency out of the window. Also not all surface waves travel along the ground. Some of them shoot off and get gobbled up by the ionosphere.

These ideas never scale up which is the problem. All apparent breakthroughs are small things that aren't going to scale up.

Incidentally the military spent decades and more money than anyone else on this crap over the years and came up with zip.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2018, 08:29:03 pm by bd139 »

Offline CJay

• Super Contributor
« Reply #52 on: October 04, 2018, 08:30:57 pm »
Well the FCC licences they have are in the name of Texzon and are for 80KHz-120KHz, 1.71MHz to 1.9MHz and 50MHz to 54MHz (that's not going to please a lot of Hams).

All specified as 'expected to be non radiating' with powers of 6KW or more and stated ERP of 100mW, bandwidths of 10Hz and 100Hz and frequency accuracies are nowhere near as tight as Zenneckwave suggested though they are stated for the transmitters, not the receivers of course.

I strongly suspect the replies here are because of the first google hit on a search for their name being "Bullshit: Texzon Wireless Power", maybe there's a funding round due...
« Last Edit: October 04, 2018, 08:37:28 pm by CJay »

The following users thanked this post: Kilrah

Offline bd139

• Super Contributor
« Reply #53 on: October 04, 2018, 08:36:19 pm »
Interesting find. Those are thoroughly explored bits of spectrum.

Is that 6KW in and 100mW out?

Offline CJay

• Super Contributor
« Reply #54 on: October 04, 2018, 08:40:07 pm »
It seems to be but they're claiming they expect it to be non radiating.

Have a read for yourself,

https://apps.fcc.gov/oetcf/els/reports/GenericSearch.cfm

and enter Texzon in the Applicant Name field

Offline bd139

• Super Contributor
« Reply #55 on: October 04, 2018, 08:49:01 pm »
Ooh meaty. Thank you.

Followed the rabbit hole.

Here is the entire experiment detail: https://apps.fcc.gov/els/GetAtt.html?id=202374&x=.

COTS AM TX running 160m 1000W EIRP. Input power is 50KW which suggests a VERY poor radiator (as I asserted earlier)

Offline zenneckwave

• Contributor
« Reply #56 on: October 04, 2018, 09:58:30 pm »
My appearance here is a bystander like you. I have been following texzon for quite some time now, and complained loudly when they changed their name from texzon to now worse, Viziv.

I am thrilled about the work, and like I said before, this is just another test in a long line of tests already concluded. This one will lite up a lightbulb on the other side of the planet.

cheers fellas! Its a great time for humanity and I dont blame your skepticism whatsoever

Offline zenneckwave

• Contributor
« Reply #57 on: October 04, 2018, 10:00:43 pm »
the guided wave is non-radiative.

Offline mikeselectricstuff

• Super Contributor
    • Mike's Electric Stuff
« Reply #58 on: October 04, 2018, 10:02:12 pm »
My appearance here is a bystander like you. I have been following texzon for quite some time now, and complained loudly when they changed their name from texzon to now worse, Viziv.

I am thrilled about the work, and like I said before, this is just another test in a long line of tests already concluded. This one will lite up a lightbulb on the other side of the planet.

cheers fellas! Its a great time for humanity and I dont blame your skepticism whatsoever
And how exactly does lighting a bulb the other side of the planet help anyone?
Long-distance transmission of power is a pretty solved problem and like networking, a wire will usually be cheaper and more efficient.

Youtube channel:Taking wierd stuff apart. Very apart.
Mike's Electric Stuff: High voltage, vintage electronics etc.
Day Job: Mostly LEDs

The following users thanked this post: Kilrah

Offline zenneckwave

• Contributor
« Reply #59 on: October 04, 2018, 10:04:20 pm »
Ooh meaty. Thank you.

Followed the rabbit hole.

Here is the entire experiment detail: https://apps.fcc.gov/els/GetAtt.html?id=202374&x=.

COTS AM TX running 160m 1000W EIRP. Input power is 50KW which suggests a VERY poor radiator (as I asserted earlier)

Heres the actual text, so you can see its <5 kW in...Missed that - 50kW is correct my bad!

BUT and guided waves are non-radiating. (nearly lossless)

"Texzon anticipates that the demonstrations will be non-radiating. To
conduct the demonstrations, the RF power necessary to maintain the
voltage to produce local fields required to launch a high velocity
propagating surface wave will be utilized. The testing will not exceed 50
kW of RF input power to the surface wave launching probe at 1710 kHz
The intent is to produce a surface wave without producing any Norton
ground wave radiation. Texzon believes that the EIRP will be limited to
1000 watts. Texzon will conduct other testing in the spectrum range from
1710 kHz to 1900 kHz but the input power will be less than 5 kW for
those tests with EIRP limited to 100 watts or less for that testing."
« Last Edit: October 04, 2018, 10:16:52 pm by zenneckwave »

Offline zenneckwave

• Contributor
« Reply #60 on: October 04, 2018, 10:08:09 pm »
Because now, your car can run on electricity and never need to be plugged in. Power plants can be built at the energy source. Solar can be transmitted 24x7. A true global power market, where you can actually buy electrons generated from the sun.

Disaster recovery. Electricity where theres no infrastructure. eliminating open fires for cooking. eliminating kerosene lamps. This is what wireless power is. its bringing all of humans into the 20th century.

Offline zenneckwave

• Contributor
« Reply #61 on: October 04, 2018, 10:10:23 pm »
It seems to be but they're claiming they expect it to be non radiating.

Have a read for yourself,

https://apps.fcc.gov/oetcf/els/reports/GenericSearch.cfm

and enter Texzon in the Applicant Name field

Here's some work by the inventor:

https://patents.justia.com/inventor/james-f-corum

Go tell him he's wrong I dare you. Us simplteons just have to watch and see if he pulls it off.

Offline bd139

• Super Contributor
« Reply #62 on: October 04, 2018, 10:21:24 pm »
Well he’s filed a lot of patents for sure. I will attempt to read them over the next few days.

Let’s throw a hand grenade in the pond anyway. One of the patents is about theft of wireless power and disabling the receiver. So revolutionise energy distribution, then control energy distribution, then prevent energy distribution. I couldn’t see any plans for an evil moon base in there but I reckon that’s next.

The lamp will not light. Then more funding will be required.

Online Bud

• Super Contributor
« Reply #63 on: October 04, 2018, 10:24:09 pm »
The bullshit tech of the day award goes to Texzon Wireless Power
And I didn't even make it past the home page.

www.texzontechnologies.com

Of course there are  pictures of children on the home page. Think Of The Children part of the mission statement is accomplished and success is granted.
Facebook-free life and Rigol-free shack.

Offline zenneckwave

• Contributor
« Reply #64 on: October 04, 2018, 10:25:35 pm »
It's lit up every time so far.... maybe he will fail this time? I don't think so personally. Im not alone in that thought

Online Bud

• Super Contributor
« Reply #65 on: October 04, 2018, 10:27:40 pm »
The lamp will not light. Then more funding will be required.

Well those former executives from Coca Cola need a place to work somewhere.
Facebook-free life and Rigol-free shack.

Offline zenneckwave

• Contributor
« Reply #66 on: October 04, 2018, 10:30:45 pm »
Well the FCC licences they have are in the name of Texzon and are for 80KHz-120KHz, 1.71MHz to 1.9MHz and 50MHz to 54MHz (that's not going to please a lot of Hams).

All specified as 'expected to be non radiating' with powers of 6KW or more and stated ERP of 100mW, bandwidths of 10Hz and 100Hz and frequency accuracies are nowhere near as tight as Zenneckwave suggested though they are stated for the transmitters, not the receivers of course.

I strongly suspect the replies here are because of the first google hit on a search for their name being "Bullshit: Texzon Wireless Power", maybe there's a funding round due...

I linked a News article that was about the construction of the tower being completed. The article mentioned this forum specifically as calling texzon vaporware etc. I'm not an employee, just an observer who found out about these guys 5 years ago and have been watching closely since. So I kinda kicked the nest so to speak.

They have papers you can download, released to the sci community at Baylor. To my knowledge no one has refuted their science, and Baylor has partnered up with them to start studying the commercialization.

https://www.baylor.edu/mediacommunications/news.php?action=story&story=202581

Offline mikeselectricstuff

• Super Contributor
    • Mike's Electric Stuff
« Reply #67 on: October 04, 2018, 10:35:48 pm »
I'm not an employee, just an observer who found out about these guys 5 years ago and have been watching closely since. So I kinda kicked the nest so to speak.

So they've been at it for 5 years, and yet to show any verified evidence of anything groundbreaking.
Now they're building a big tesla coil.
OK it may look pretty and send an insignificiant proportion of its input power over a distance but file under "nothing to see here" until proven otherwise.

Youtube channel:Taking wierd stuff apart. Very apart.
Mike's Electric Stuff: High voltage, vintage electronics etc.
Day Job: Mostly LEDs

Offline bd139

• Super Contributor
« Reply #68 on: October 04, 2018, 10:36:52 pm »
Indeed.

Also why the scientific community hasn’t touched this is these ventures are poisonous by association.

Offline ogden

• Super Contributor
« Reply #69 on: October 04, 2018, 10:52:15 pm »
Patent does not prove that tech actually works.

https://patentimages.storage.googleapis.com/pages/US5023850-1.png

The following users thanked this post: Tantratron

Offline Brumby

• Supporter
« Reply #70 on: October 05, 2018, 02:43:56 am »
Patent does not prove that tech actually works.

Nor could it.

Evidence to prove some invention actually works as claimed would need to be vetted - and since any such invention is "new" then there would be a significant likelihood that there would be no independent entity that would be equipped or skilled enough to validate the claims.  It would be a costing nightmare as well.

The patent office can only examine the principles involved and claims made against existing patents - which is what they (are supposed to) do right now.

Offline Brumby

• Supporter
« Reply #71 on: October 05, 2018, 04:25:22 am »
Some points raised by others:
And what happens as soon as you start drawing power from a resonant circuit?
Things only resonate sharply because the energy has nowhere else to go.
Change the load of a resonant circuit and things go to hell in a handbasket.  I'm having trouble dealing with the resilience of such a system in real world load scenarios.

I know the system works, because:

I know who the investors are
I know who the inventor is

I did not see system working but I did see names. LOL.
No first hand information?!!  Do you also blindly believe used car salespeople and software salespeople?  Because until there are results that have been verified by an independent third party, then you are smiling and nodding to someone who says "Trust me!".

You made my point, its not really magic, its a known principle of electromagnetism, to use the earth as the guide surface, just like the EMF traveling along a conductor.

To steal the power, you have to have the ability to craft a circuit that has the tuning tolerances to 0.00000001 Hz. Your car radio goes out 1 decimal place...
First you'd have to build a receiver capable of receiving a guided wave, then give it the precision to tune to 8 or more decimal points to resonate the circuit. Good luck building the receiver to those specifications ...
It seems somewhat obvious to me that the same constraints would apply in delivering power to an authorised recipient.

... and better luck finding the broadcast frequency.
What?  Is a spectrum analyser no good?

I've done some small experiments in wireless power transfer systems myself. One problem is what I call "inadvertent reception" where things become energized that you don't necessarily want to be. If receiver tuning needs to be as sharp as all that, maybe inadvertent reception is less of a problem.
This is a real Pandora's Box, IMHO.

There have been claims that mobile phone transmissions can create sparks in any suitably arranged conductive bodies that are close enough.  While the power levels are low and the critical dimensions are highly improbable and, that as a result, it is highly unlikely to be encountered, it is theoretically possible.  Bump up the power a few orders of magnitude and the range extends far and wide - so who knows what might just happen to "tune in".

Another aspect of this is:  What effect will dumping such large amounts of power into the environment cause?  Will the forests absorb some - and to what effect?  What about the fleshy bags of salty water and tissue walking around?  The ionosphere?  The magnetosphere?  Please don't say human efforts cannot compare with nature's might.  Wood fires weren't a big problem for millenia, but when the Industrial Revolution came to town, carbon emissions started on a perilous trend.

Call me an alarmist if you must - but these are just questions.  Questions which I believe deserve considered and researched answers.

Offline Cyberdragon

• Super Contributor
« Reply #72 on: October 05, 2018, 05:52:15 am »
Shit, came in here and now I need a new bullshit meter, cringeometer, and a few new braincells. :bullshit: :-BROKE

Going on about "ground waves" and saying its not rf and does not obey inverse square. Yes, whatever the hell you're rambling about does obey it, it's EMF, therefore it is photons, and therefore obeys the laws of physics. But you go on about

the guided wave is non-radiative.

Oh dear, the whole "Earth is a waveguide" stuff started by Tesla that every nut vomits. The phenomenon is real https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Earth–ionosphere_waveguide
however, good luck trying to get reasonable amounts of energy through it. Not only does it bounce down only at certain points (orginally discovered by Tesla), but
Radio propagation within the ionosphere depends on frequency, angle of incidence, time of day, season, Earth's magnetic field, and solar activity.
::)
Not to meantion the whole "load on a resonator" stuff people have been discussing. Oh and the fact that pumping that amount of energy into the air would be like HAARP tenfold. :scared: IE it would probably start actually making weather and whatnot.
*BZZZZZZAAAAAP*
Voltamort strikes again!
Explodingus - someone who frequently causes accidental explosions

Offline CJay

• Super Contributor
« Reply #73 on: October 05, 2018, 05:53:26 am »

Off the scale  :bullshit:

Offline Cyberdragon

• Super Contributor
« Reply #74 on: October 05, 2018, 06:07:09 am »
Oh and random objects getting enerized by RF is a sign you are definately not creating a "non-radiating" wave, that's definately a sign of pumping loads of RF randomly in the air. No amount of precision tuning will help, as that's not how RF works. Not only is it impossible to create that precise of a signal at those power levels, it starts getting to the level where tuning doesn't matter and the shear amount of photons flying around causes issues (like foil in a microwave).

I bet the bulb at around the globe stunt will just be a magic trick with an internal battery powered prank bulb. >:D
*BZZZZZZAAAAAP*
Voltamort strikes again!
Explodingus - someone who frequently causes accidental explosions

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf