Author Topic: Bullshit: Texzon Wireless Power  (Read 102054 times)

Offline EEVblogTopic starter

• Administrator
    • EEVblog
Re: Bullshit: Texzon Wireless Power
« Reply #75 on: October 05, 2018, 06:07:59 am »
I know they've conducted tests they havent talked about. I know the results of those successful tests.
They have all he funding they need, and then some. Not because they talk about it, because they've demo'd it.

I've worked on multiple 10's of millions of dollar military experimental projects that had many "successful tests", yet were ultimately cancelled because, well, "successful" does not always end up as "practical".
We were able to get more funding after each "successful test" for quite some time.
My favourite phrase from that time was that the project was "workmanship over engineering"

uBeam, Energous et.al have all had "successful tests" too.

The following users thanked this post: Kilrah, bd139

• Administrator
    • EEVblog
« Reply #76 on: October 05, 2018, 06:17:48 am »

The following users thanked this post: bd139

Offline CJay

• Super Contributor
« Reply #77 on: October 05, 2018, 08:33:25 am »
Oh and random objects getting enerized by RF is a sign you are definately not creating a "non-radiating" wave, that's definately a sign of pumping loads of RF randomly in the air. No amount of precision tuning will help, as that's not how RF works. Not only is it impossible to create that precise of a signal at those power levels, it starts getting to the level where tuning doesn't matter and the shear amount of photons flying around causes issues (like foil in a microwave).

I bet the bulb at around the globe stunt will just be a magic trick with an internal battery powered prank bulb. >:D

ooh, you cynic, of course it will work but because of the proprietary technology in use they couldn't possibly reveal the contents of the box unless you sign a massively restrictive NDA and perhaps not even then and there definitely won't be any test gear other than their own carefully curated equipment allowed anywhere near the 'receiver' or transmitter

(though at powers 60dBm and above it won't take a lot of effort to work out if they're 'transmitting' from a car parked in the vicinity unless they've got some really heavy duty RF shielding).

Offline Brumby

• Supporter
« Reply #78 on: October 05, 2018, 08:52:50 am »
I just love the idea of living in a waveguide with megawatts of power flowing through it.  I will save a small fortune in heating over the winter - but summer will be a bitch.

Offline bd139

• Super Contributor
« Reply #79 on: October 05, 2018, 10:10:19 am »
Indeed.

Doh someone stepped in front of the waveguide again...

Offline Zucca

• Supporter
  • EE meid in Itali
« Reply #80 on: October 05, 2018, 11:10:54 am »
This is so much fun to read, imagine those who put money in it... I think if you are stupid rich you lose the value of money. The more you have the less you care.  :horse:

Can't know what you don't love. St. Augustine
Can't love what you don't know. Zucca

Offline CJay

• Super Contributor
« Reply #81 on: October 05, 2018, 11:12:35 am »
This is so much fun to read, imagine those who put money in it... I think if you are stupid rich you lose the value of money. The more you have the less you care.  :horse:

Yep, like i said, a search for Texzon Wireless power throws this page up as first hit, they must be fuming that their name is linked with Bullshit.

The following users thanked this post: Kilrah

Offline Buriedcode

• Super Contributor
« Reply #82 on: October 05, 2018, 05:31:57 pm »
I didnt see the big bang, but believed it happened....

Many beleive it happened, alas we can only accumulate evidence for it, not "proof".

I havent seen an atom, but know they exist because I've split them.

You've split an atom?  I'm not sure many can make that claim, although I guess it depends on whether you were a pilot doing the tests or one of the physicists?

I know they've conducted tests they havent talked about. I know the results of those successful tests.

We see this time and again.  Not jsut on this forum, and not just about technology, often with "wellness" or health fads too.  You cannot expect to say "I've seen it with my own eyes!" and have people blindly (see what I did there?) believe you.  Especially on a forum geared towards engineering which is full of.. engineers who spend their lives dealing with real-world things.

They have all he funding they need, and then some. Not because they talk about it, because they've demo'd it.

I'm unsure why you've posted on this forum.  I'm not suggesting you don't just that I really don't see why.  Given the poor grammar and almost ranty posts I really can't see you being any kind of PR person for the company - if you are, I apologise, but they really should review their hiring process.  If not a PR person then, one of the engineers? 
Naaa, you've repeated the same vague sciencey-sound-stuff that many "tesla lovers" parrot.  Sure, there are plenty of engineers who believe wacky things - but often they are engineers in other fields (and thus have Dunning-Kruger working for them).
If you're not an employee, then perhaps an investor? but then why would investors waste their time trying to convince random people in a forum of their investments? its not like anyone here is going to actually invest.  If not an investor then...

Someone who likes to follow fringe science?  Fair enough.  I'll admit I do that, it often amazes me the hoops people will jump through to avoid admitting they're wrong.  It must work... but if it can work.. why don't we have it? well. someone must be suppressing the technology! but why?  etc..etc..  No-one is immune to false beliefs (generally, the more immune you think you are - the more prone you are! cognitive bias at its finest), and they can be hard to find.

Sorry if this appears a but harsh, I am genuinely curious what your relationship with this company is, and why you decided to post here.  You must have known the sort of responses you would get - especially if you believe we're all closed minded and "group mind" (I assume you mean hive mind? which is odd as many here are older and quite stubborn - not willing to follow others).

I was going to question the whole "8 digit frequency counter" thing but others have covered that.. including that even if the system worked - it would be laughably impracticable if it required that kind of precision. Which you would know if you had just thought about it for a minute.

Edited: so many typos..

Offline Cyberdragon

• Super Contributor
« Reply #83 on: October 05, 2018, 08:58:15 pm »
I was going to question the whole "8 digit frequency counter" thing but others have covered that.. including that even if the system worked - it would be laughably impracticable if it required that kind of precision. Which you would know if you had just thought about it for a minute.

You can get up to 10 digit frequency meters though.
https://www.amazon.com/Frequency-Counter-0-001Hz-Digits-mVrms/dp/B011ONWV4E
But that kind of precision is found in low power stuff.
*BZZZZZZAAAAAP*
Voltamort strikes again!
Explodingus - someone who frequently causes accidental explosions

Offline CJay

• Super Contributor
« Reply #84 on: October 05, 2018, 09:13:59 pm »

Offline Cyberdragon

• Super Contributor
« Reply #85 on: October 05, 2018, 09:19:24 pm »
But that only goes up to 350MHz. ::)
*BZZZZZZAAAAAP*
Voltamort strikes again!

Offline bd139

• Super Contributor
« Reply #86 on: October 05, 2018, 09:23:26 pm »
Doesn't need to go high up, just have extreme resolution. Which is hard.

Say 1710KHz at the quoted 0.0000001Hz resolution. That's 1710000.00000001 which is 15 digits. Plus you need another digit anyway so 16 digit.

Now NPL's primary caesium fountain standard is 2.8x10^-13 per second up to 2.5x10^16 per two weeks.

Now the MTBF of the standard is 33 days and uptime is 83% and I haven't even mentioned jitter and all that so you are, to use a technical term, bloody fucked.

IMHO they will write it off on that basis when it doesn't work.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2018, 09:25:47 pm by bd139 »

Offline Cyberdragon

• Super Contributor
« Reply #87 on: October 05, 2018, 09:59:33 pm »
Doesn't need to go high up, just have extreme resolution. Which is hard.

Say 1710KHz at the quoted 0.0000001Hz resolution. That's 1710000.00000001 which is 15 digits. Plus you need another digit anyway so 16 digit.

Now NPL's primary caesium fountain standard is 2.8x10^-13 per second up to 2.5x10^16 per two weeks.

Now the MTBF of the standard is 33 days and uptime is 83% and I haven't even mentioned jitter and all that so you are, to use a technical term, bloody fucked.

IMHO they will write it off on that basis when it doesn't work.

There are 14 digit meters though (up to 40GHz too! :-+), so not far off.
https://www.newark.com/tektronix/mca3040/microwave-counter-w-integrated/dp/84R5912
Not sure if 16 digit meters exist, but we're close if not. However, I doubt that resolution would matter at the power levels needed for "wireless power". ::)
*BZZZZZZAAAAAP*
Voltamort strikes again!

Offline bd139

• Super Contributor
« Reply #88 on: October 05, 2018, 11:25:43 pm »
Problem is sub-Hz frequencies. 40 GHz is easy in comparison.

• Administrator
    • EEVblog
« Reply #89 on: October 06, 2018, 12:38:49 am »

No, it's easy, it's called reciprocal counting mode, and most good frequency counters have it. It's trivial to measure very low frequencies with great precision.
The resolution is based on your reference clock, so a standard 10MHz reference gives 0.0000001Hz resolution.

Offline Brumby

• Supporter
« Reply #90 on: October 06, 2018, 02:45:27 am »
In other words, it doesn't matter which part of the beast you smell - it all stinks.

Offline Cyberdragon

• Super Contributor
« Reply #91 on: October 06, 2018, 03:06:57 am »
In other words, it doesn't matter which part of the beast you smell - it all stinks.

And if you wash it, what's under the crap is equally ugly. ;D
*BZZZZZZAAAAAP*
Voltamort strikes again!

Online TERRA Operative

• Super Contributor
  • Voider of warranties
    • Near Far Media Youtube
« Reply #92 on: October 06, 2018, 06:49:41 am »
Imagine it would work: How are they going to prevent you, me and everyone else using the energy without paying?

This is exactly what killed Tesla's Wardenclyffe tower wireless power project....
Where does all this test equipment keep coming from?!?

https://www.youtube.com/NearFarMedia/

The following users thanked this post: Kilrah

Offline CJay

• Super Contributor
« Reply #93 on: October 06, 2018, 07:18:34 am »
But that only goes up to 350MHz. ::)

That's fine, they're only licensed to use up to 54MHz

Offline bd139

• Super Contributor
« Reply #94 on: October 06, 2018, 10:37:04 am »

No, it's easy, it's called reciprocal counting mode, and most good frequency counters have it. It's trivial to measure very low frequencies with great precision.
The resolution is based on your reference clock, so a standard 10MHz reference gives 0.0000001Hz resolution.

This isn’t low frequencies. It’s precise frequencies to 16 digits which isn’t easy.

I should have been more detailed in my point. It’s difficult to measure 10^-8 to 10^7 at the same time.

• Administrator
    • EEVblog
« Reply #95 on: October 06, 2018, 01:16:41 pm »

This isn’t low frequencies. It’s precise frequencies to 16 digits which isn’t easy.

I should have been more detailed in my point. It’s difficult to measure 10^-8 to 10^7 at the same time.

Ah, I assumed it was some low frequency thing.

Offline Cyberdragon

• Super Contributor
« Reply #96 on: October 06, 2018, 01:53:32 pm »
Imagine it would work: How are they going to prevent you, me and everyone else using the energy without paying?

This is exactly what killed Tesla's Wardenclyffe tower wireless power project....

That and it's incredible innefficiency. It took a whole power plant just to light some discharge lamps. ::)
*BZZZZZZAAAAAP*
Voltamort strikes again!

Offline rrinker

• Super Contributor
« Reply #97 on: October 10, 2018, 02:33:48 pm »
Patent does not prove that tech actually works.

https://patentimages.storage.googleapis.com/pages/US5023850-1.png

This is a must read, if just for the comedy - the text starts on page 4. I think I shall so equip all of my dogs.

Offline bd139

• Super Contributor
« Reply #98 on: October 10, 2018, 03:39:06 pm »
Oh that's brilliant. Thanks for posting.

Offline Buriedcode

• Super Contributor
« Reply #99 on: October 10, 2018, 08:10:39 pm »
Patent does not prove that tech actually works.

https://patentimages.storage.googleapis.com/pages/US5023850-1.png

Good to see the 555 timer getting some use from a Bulldog.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf