Author Topic: Cheap USB Microscrope  (Read 3230 times)

Offline msuffidyTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
Cheap USB Microscrope
« on: January 20, 2024, 02:47:25 am »
I got a used China special 1000x USB microscope a few days ago for $5 Canadian. The big problem is it has to be almost right next to whatever you are viewing so you can't get a soldering iron in. Some people have modified them or stuck a reverse lens on them to make them ok to act like a low res overhead microscope.

I used convert -average to blend noise into the median of like 30 frames each here.

Online magic

• Super Contributor
Re: Cheap USB Microscrope
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2024, 12:25:19 pm »
These are glorified webcams with macro lenses. Short focal length, short working distance. Only useful for looking at things.

I also got one for $5, mine is 1080p 8)

Offline Wallace Gasiewicz

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2024, 01:15:49 pm »
I use an Elmo Document Camera.  There are some used on ebay. Apparently they are used in schools and are replaced by newer models from time to time. New they are quite expensive, but used are quite affordable. I bought mine for $15 and then bought an old monitor. This is not perfect but gives a nice distance to the part and enables soldering. 
There are various configurations of these things that use different monitor connections ( Some HDMI ) and ones with a "stage" for the document (or PC board) and ones that are free standing. Take a look around ebay or other used equipment sites.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2024, 01:17:33 pm by Wallace Gasiewicz »

Offline Helio_Centra

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2024, 02:12:48 am »
I dunno I spent $100 on a cheap amazon electronics microscope and it works. Even came with anti-glare lights.|

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B07G92FG7L/

It is out of stock, but other similar ones are out there.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf