Author Topic: Debunking Musk - TED talk 2022.  (Read 5213 times)

Online BrianHGTopic starter

• Super Contributor
Re: Debunking Musk - TED talk 2022.
« Reply #25 on: August 08, 2022, 04:05:35 am »
What is this bullshit? A 'TED talk' that obviously isn't one. I wouldn't be surprised if the videos get taken down just for using the TED talk name without permission. And now a 5th video where the previous videos indicated it would be a 4 video series...

I haven't watched a single second of these videos yet, and i'm not inclined to do so if they can't even properly name the videos, or count to 5 O_o....

:palm: It is not that these videos are a Ted Talk.  The videos are about debunking what Elon Musk said recently during his 2020 Ted Talk interview....
« Last Edit: August 08, 2022, 04:08:44 am by BrianHG »

Offline racemaniac

• Contributor
« Reply #26 on: August 08, 2022, 06:46:35 am »
What is this bullshit? A 'TED talk' that obviously isn't one. I wouldn't be surprised if the videos get taken down just for using the TED talk name without permission. And now a 5th video where the previous videos indicated it would be a 4 video series...

I haven't watched a single second of these videos yet, and i'm not inclined to do so if they can't even properly name the videos, or count to 5 O_o....

:palm: It is not that these videos are a Ted Talk.  The videos are about debunking what Elon Musk said recently during his 2020 Ted Talk interview....

You can't tell me they didn't make the title that ambiguous on purpose.

If it says "Debunking Musk - Ted talk 2022", everyone reads that as the video being a TED Talk held in 2022 about debunking Musk.

They could have simply named it 'Debunking Musk's 2022 Ted talk interview", and everyone would have known what the video was about -_-...

If you have to watch the video to understand what the title means... it's a terrible (clickbait) title..
« Last Edit: August 08, 2022, 06:48:08 am by racemaniac »

The following users thanked this post: wraper

Online wraper

• Supporter
« Reply #27 on: August 09, 2022, 12:45:01 pm »

Online Psi

• Super Contributor
« Reply #28 on: August 10, 2022, 05:16:34 am »
The move to electric cars is a positive one. It doesn't matter if sometimes they are recharged using coal power plants, that won't always be the case. It's the move to electric and away from fossil fuels that is important.

Be that as it may, it is not the solution to a far bigger problem. For electric cars we still need to plunder mother earth. Lithium is the next fossil fuel, and if not lithium it will be cobalt, etc. None of this stuff is in endless supply. And it is not just CO2 that poisons our atmosphere. Think of al the other shit that is released during production of all the goods we consume.

Until scientists find a way to make all the needed elements from thin air, without any form of pollution, we will run into the same kind of problems over and over again.

Yep, but we don't have to solve all problems all at once.
If we panic and be all "doom&gloom" then nothing gets done. It's much better to just solve one problem at a time.
Once most cars run on electricity it's extremely easy for manufacturers to pivot to any newer/better/greener energy storage system that appears. It's just a black box that produces electricity and next years model of car can use it.

But, getting everyone away from burning fossil fuels takes a long time since it requires a massive amount of infrastructure changes.  If we can take care of the massive infrastructure change to electric now then we will be in a much better position later when newer/greener storage tech appears.

« Last Edit: August 10, 2022, 05:23:47 am by Psi »
Greek letter 'Psi' (not Pounds per Square Inch)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf