Author Topic: digital electricity  (Read 48353 times)

Offline madires

• Super Contributor
  • A qualified hobbyist ;)
Re: digital electricity
« Reply #150 on: June 12, 2018, 10:37:45 am »
From designing, rolling out and operating carrier grade data centers. In case you haven't noticed yet, a lot of the members of this forum are EEs.

The following users thanked this post: Cyberdragon, Ysjoelfir

Offline Dubbie

• Supporter
« Reply #151 on: June 12, 2018, 10:56:27 am »

:palm:  We are working in real time here. Stay with me.

Once electricity is synchronized, maintaining synchronization requires very little energy, (Remember Newton?) So the amount of current needed to be injected is tiny.

Earlier you used an example of a rope swing needing just a tiny push at the right time to keep it going. This concept when related to electricity is like a crystal oscillator. It only needs a tiny trickle of power to keep it going. Problem is, AC in the infrastructure sense is more like the rope swing swinging through a tarpit. It needs significant power to keep it moving. Delicate little “microamp currents” will do absolutely nothing. It’s like claiming that you can stop a runaway train car if you tickle it with a feather at *just* the right time.

The only way I could see your claim working was if the microamp current corrections were applied to the input of your fancy ADC’s [emoji23]

Offline Dubbie

• Supporter
digital electricity
« Reply #152 on: June 12, 2018, 11:12:44 am »

|O  Are you familiar with Kirchoff's Law? Equitable distribution of currents and voltages?

Where on earth do you think you are? This is not Facebook. Your arrogance is breathtaking.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2018, 11:22:54 am by Dubbie »

Offline madires

• Super Contributor
« Reply #153 on: June 12, 2018, 11:40:53 am »
I will even point our that harmonic distortion, neutral and ground currents on top of voltage deviation and all levels of transients (PARTICULARLY those induced by power supplies) are the reason for the packet error rate and retransmission rate to begin with.  :box:

For -48V DC powered routers, switches and optical transport? There are also huge battery banks for buffering, i.e. actually an online UPS. I think you're doing a disservice to 3DFS the way you are selling the technology. Very basic things like a proper datasheet are missing. This way nobody can take 3DFS seriously.  By keeping on this disastrous marketing there isn't any credibility left. And by insulting people you make it even worse. You might win a discussion, but you'll loose possible customers. Great job!

Offline niladherbert

• Contributor
« Reply #154 on: June 12, 2018, 01:15:29 pm »
Another great benefit to this technology is going to be a consumer reports for circuit board design. We will be able to identify cheap bullshit electronics through the electrical signature and pattern of electricity consumption.
What's the advantage in this? Identifying them doesn't mean that anyone wants to get rid of them.

Your suggestion that brute force energy supply is the way it works is a very early 1900's approach to electricity distribution and the reason for all the waste.
Don't you dare try to interfere with a very robust and easily repaired system. Electromechanicals are the way to go.

Proper data sheets are not missing, you don't understand them. There is a difference.
I am only finishing high school, and most data sheets are easily understandable if written by someone who is being honest about their product and understands the product

The following users thanked this post: Ysjoelfir

Offline Brumby

• Supporter
« Reply #155 on: June 12, 2018, 01:30:24 pm »
I have been resigned to the fact that I will likely be taken out of context a great deal. Plus I have some word salads that are gems.

Can you explain in quite simple terms how if you look at 2 Amps "at the micro second level" it becomes 2 micro Amps, because I can't!

This highlights something that has been bugging me ever since I first read this:

:wtf: Injecting and extracting microamps every microsecond.  :wtf:

The WTF's just highlight the arrogance...

If you need to balance a 3 phase system and the current required is just 10A, your system needs to handle anything from -14.14A to +14.14A instantaneous current.

The quantity "current" has no time dimension, neither does the quantity "power" - so any references to current and/or power that supposedly address the large values (that we might normally expect) by extremely short time intervals is complete and utter bullshit.

It is not a reflection on the intelligence of anybody here - it is ignoring a fundamental of the PHYSICS involved.

So, if this is not a complete misdirection, someone really needs to get their terminology sorted out - because what has been happening on this thread has been destructive in the promotion of the product.  You can get away with all sorts of flim flam with the public and even dazzle investors - but when you front up to the engineering bench, you better know how to talk their language.

Remember - when engineers fail, products can fail, jobs can be lost, careers destroyed ... and people can be maimed or killed.  When they are being pedantic, there's usually a very good reason for it.

:palm:  We are working in real time here. Stay with me.

Once electricity is synchronized, maintaining synchronization requires very little energy, (Remember Newton?) So the amount of current needed to be injected is tiny. The tech has the ability to inject/extract microamps in microseconds, but can inject more as needed. It is in parallel, so there is an endless supply of energy to use.

Also, you are not considering that the power is pulled from the upstream transformer already balanced, so there is not excess energy floating around anywhere, it is zero sum distribution.

Sigh.

I wish you could understand the point being made and address it - and from what I've seen, I'm not the only one.  Unfortunately, it seems patently obvious to me that we are trying to get engineering answers from a marketing person.

It's getting hard to see any value pursuing answers here.

Online Circlotron

• Super Contributor
« Reply #156 on: June 12, 2018, 02:01:13 pm »
Back in the late 90s myself and a number of others used to get on Usenet on /science/physics/electromagnetics and battle wits with this fellow named Archimedes Plutonium. He would espouse his theory of plutonium atom totality, ie the whole universe was one giant plutonium atom. I can see a strange kind of parallel in the style of arguments presented here.

The following users thanked this post: newbrain

Offline madires

• Super Contributor
« Reply #157 on: June 12, 2018, 02:03:03 pm »
Sadly, I have to agree. We even tried to help him, but he doesn't get it. Smart grid solutions are quite interesting but this thread is just a waste of time.

Offline StillTrying

• Super Contributor
« Reply #158 on: June 12, 2018, 02:06:26 pm »
I really want to highlight this point because it is an important one.

It is impossible for Kirchoff's Law be leveraged in a power network without a computing element. This is where the microamps in microseconds becomes important.

This is a radically different approach to controlling electricity that does not fit what you are familiar with, although firmly fits into the laws of math and physics.

Kirchoff's Law worked 100% before computers, before it had a name, even before the the Earth was discovered.
You're posting total bullshit.
.  That took much longer than I thought it would.

The following users thanked this post: Ian.M, newbrain

Offline Delta

• Super Contributor
« Reply #159 on: June 12, 2018, 07:52:17 pm »
You can't supply a microamp in a microsecond, nor can you supply 10amps in a minute.

That's not a thing.

Offline Delta

• Super Contributor
« Reply #160 on: June 12, 2018, 08:21:27 pm »
You can't supply a microamp in a microsecond, nor can you supply 10amps in a minute.

That's not a thing.

Correction, YOU cannot supply a microamp in a microsecond.

:palm:

Oh dear.  For a superstar inventor you don't seem to understand the concept of current.

Can you a water pump supply 5 gallons per minute in 34 seconds? (Or 2GPM in a hour etc)

:palm:

PS. I am developing a genetation system that can provide enough voltage for 50000 houses!
« Last Edit: June 12, 2018, 08:24:09 pm by Delta »

Offline Dubbie

• Supporter
« Reply #161 on: June 12, 2018, 10:13:53 pm »
Is it that you do not understand how this can bring power factor to unity, mitigate harmonics and balance phases for the entire panel?

You are correct. Nobody understands this part. All this nonsense about microseconds is not explaining this aspect.

Offline Dubbie

• Supporter
« Reply #162 on: June 12, 2018, 11:31:30 pm »
Stop changing the subject. You haven’t explained how it does it. It computes the changes required, that much you have told us ad-nauseum.

Then what? How does it effect the changes required to alter the power flowing through the distr board?

I can compute the forces required to stop the earth spinning and start it going the other way. Because I have these numbers doesn’t mean I can actually do it.

Offline BravoV

• Super Contributor
  • +++ ATH1
« Reply #163 on: June 12, 2018, 11:40:16 pm »
Is it that you do not understand how this can bring power factor to unity, mitigate harmonics and balance phases for the entire panel?

You are correct. Nobody understands this part. All this nonsense about microseconds is not explaining this aspect.

I see, so is the contention if the FESS can correct power factor, harmonics, phase balancing at the panel level? or The benefits from doing it this way are not as substantial as I am suggesting?

Sure dude, whatever FESS able to do even makes us immortal or makes the owner filthy rich by owning it, its not our priviledge to understand, according to you.

Yes, all of us here are so retarded that no one in this electonics specific forum, especially in the "Dodgy Tech" section, will able to understand it.

But we got 3DFS message loud and clear, just stop questioning or stop asking whats it all about, just bring the money, then we will live happily ever after.

We got it.  :-DD

Offline JohnnyMalaria

• Super Contributor
    • Enlighten Scientific LLC
« Reply #164 on: June 13, 2018, 12:07:55 am »
Seems that "microcoulombs per microsecond" would be physically meaningful since that is current and, presumably, is achievable via capacitor discharge(?)

Anyway, I'm done. Does anyone know how to stop a post showing up in "Show new replies to your posts."? This has become too distracting, frustrating and pointless.

Offline StillTrying

• Super Contributor
« Reply #165 on: June 13, 2018, 12:22:01 am »
I wonder who 3DFS are speaking to before posting now.  :)

Of course, this balancing of the 3 phases to the us and uA level, needs the 3 clip-on 300A current transformers to be accurate to the us and uA level. :o
« Last Edit: June 13, 2018, 12:26:50 am by StillTrying »
.  That took much longer than I thought it would.

Offline Cerebus

• Super Contributor
« Reply #166 on: June 13, 2018, 12:30:57 am »
I wonder who 3DFS are speaking to before posting now.  :)

Orthon, probably, or someone from the  Unarius Academy of Science. Well, it worked for George Adamski...
Anybody got a syringe I can use to squeeze the magic smoke back into this?

Offline Mr.B

• Supporter
« Reply #167 on: June 13, 2018, 01:01:28 am »
Anyway, I'm done. Does anyone know how to stop a post showing up in "Show new replies to your posts."? This has become too distracting, frustrating and pointless.

Go to 'Show unread posts since last visit'
On the far right hand side, check the checkbox next to the thread.
Click on the 'IGNORE TOPICS' button, top right.
I approach the thinking of all of my posts using AI in the first instance. (Awkward Irregularity)

The following users thanked this post: Dubbie, JohnnyMalaria

Offline Dubbie

• Supporter
« Reply #168 on: June 13, 2018, 02:30:11 am »
I don't see any checkboxes?
Or Ignore Topics button...

What am I missing?

Offline Mr.B

• Supporter
« Reply #169 on: June 13, 2018, 02:36:34 am »
You need to go to 'Show unread posts since last visit'
Although your capture looks like it is, so I don't know..
Mine looks like this.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2018, 02:39:36 am by Mr.B »
I approach the thinking of all of my posts using AI in the first instance. (Awkward Irregularity)

Offline Dubbie

• Supporter
« Reply #170 on: June 13, 2018, 02:38:47 am »
Well! seems I have a different forum view to you guys... not sure why..

How did you get that dark theme for a start?
« Last Edit: June 13, 2018, 02:52:24 am by Dubbie »

Offline julianhigginson

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #171 on: June 13, 2018, 02:43:38 am »
Wow.. this thread just keeps on giving.

Offline Brumby

• Supporter
« Reply #172 on: June 13, 2018, 03:20:15 am »
... but we're fast approaching "giving up".

Actually, I think we've arrived.

Offline james_s

• Super Contributor
« Reply #173 on: June 13, 2018, 03:39:44 am »
Well! seems I have a different forum view to you guys... not sure why..

How did you get that dark theme for a start?

Same here, that's bizarre, mine looks exactly like that other screenshot, it's lighter gray and I've looked all over for a checkbox.

Offline Dubbie

• Supporter
« Reply #174 on: June 13, 2018, 03:42:20 am »
I have the dark forum now (installed the stylish theme), but still no checkbox.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf