Author Topic: Electromagnetic waves virus detector  (Read 2317 times)

Offline StillTryingTopic starter

• Super Contributor
.  That took much longer than I thought it would.

Online Bud

• Super Contributor
Re: Electromagnetic waves virus detector
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2021, 11:52:41 am »
Yes detecting electromagnetic waves with a phone camera app  :bullshit:
Facebook-free life and Rigol-free shack.

Offline Gyro

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2021, 11:55:12 am »
That reminds me of the fake bomb detectors in terms of ethics. :palm:

In this case it probably isn't too damaging (yet) as the UAE has an extremely high vaccination rate (152.1%), but it could be catastrophic if they rolled it out in some other countries in the region!

Now if the phones were equipped with LWIR thermal cameras, they could probably give an indication of active Covid symptoms, but then you could just as easily use an IR thermometer or airport style thermal camera system. I suppose IR would count as being on the electromagnetic spectrum.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2021, 12:02:02 pm by Gyro »
Best Regards, Chris

Online Bud

• Super Contributor
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2021, 12:27:36 pm »
the scanner detects Covid-19, entry will not be permitted and the person will have to get a PCR test within 24 hours.
There you go. The phony app is just to force people to PCR testing.

And the device is just an iPhone as can be seen.

Online SiliconWizard

• Super Contributor
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2021, 07:38:12 pm »
But it was apparently approved by the authorities.
How can this happen? (And, this is a real but also somewhat rethorical question, because authorities in various countries have been approving pretty questionable stuff during the Covid-19 crisis...)

Online Bud

• Super Contributor
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2021, 08:08:36 pm »
"The story of the fake bomb detectors"

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-29459896

Used in not one but several countries and their military. Go figure how they approved it.

Online SiliconWizard

• Super Contributor
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2021, 08:25:35 pm »
"The story of the fake bomb detectors"

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-29459896

Used in not one but several countries and their military. Go figure how they approved it.

This is unbelievable. The creator got 3-year jail: https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-29477894
which is understandable. BUT, what I would have found even more justified: that any person responsible for approving this would have been jailed too. Was it the case? If not, how can that be? Seriously? And if top-level authorities can justify themselves by claiming they have been fooled by a couple persons, how can it not be considered a major problem?

Seriously. I don't get it. There's a real problem here. And the problem is not the scammers. :palm:

Online themadhippy

• Super Contributor
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2021, 08:39:38 pm »
BUT, what I would have found even more justified: that any person responsible for approving this would have been jailed too. Was it the case? If not, how can that be? Seriously? And if top-level authorities can justify themselves by claiming they have been fooled by a couple persons, how can it not be considered a major problem?
That would see the british army and the uk  governments department for trade and industry in the courts as both promoted the device.

Offline PlainName

• Super Contributor
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2021, 09:31:47 pm »

It's clearly bollox, but you do the cause no favours by chopping down a strawman. The device does not use the camera app to detect electromagnetic waves. There is a separate device which must be in close (relatively) proximity which does the wave detection.

And if you think about for more than half a nanosecond, that's sensible - phone apps can be copied whereas actual hardware must be purchased for each setup.

Offline Gyro

• Super Contributor
« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2021, 09:45:25 pm »
Maybe the app is just linked to a thermal camera or IR thermometer after all then. Heat is the only part of the electromagnetic spectrum that the human body emits. I don't know why it would show the subject's face on the app - unless it's just Photoshopped.

From the second link...

How does it work? That’s the crazy part. It checks your electromagnetic waves.

Electromagnetic waves “change when the [ribonucleic acid RNA] particles of the virus are present in the person’s body”, the media office reported.

Well yeah, if you've got active Covid then your temperature goes up.  :-//

It sounds a lot more impressive (and expensive) than 'hey, this guy's running a temperature'!

Not so great for asymptomatic super spreaders though.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2021, 09:52:56 pm by Gyro »
Best Regards, Chris

Online Bud

• Super Contributor
« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2021, 10:32:34 pm »

It's clearly bollox, but you do the cause no favours by chopping down a strawman. The device does not use the camera app to detect electromagnetic waves. There is a separate device which must be in close (relatively) proximity which does the wave detection.

And if you think about for more than half a nanosecond, that's sensible - phone apps can be copied whereas actual hardware must be purchased for each setup.

Did you watch the video?  The dude just points the phone at people, no other equipment around.

Offline PlainName

• Super Contributor
« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2021, 10:46:21 pm »
Did you check the twitter link? Clearly not   :palm:

Offline Cyberdragon

• Super Contributor
« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2021, 06:49:07 am »
Are you sure that's not just a machined metal ball? Is there anything even inside?
*BZZZZZZAAAAAP*
Voltamort strikes again!
Explodingus - someone who frequently causes accidental explosions

• Super Contributor
« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2021, 07:44:29 am »
I've not seen the silver door knob in any photos of it in use.

Studying the current EDE scanner description we can say that it cannot work and detect COVID," said S Krishnaswamy rather firmly.
https://www.thequint.com/tech-and-auto/abu-dhabis-ede-scanners-to-detect-covid-hoax-indian-scientists

https://youtu.be/1B-yedMGbnY?t=55
« Last Edit: July 03, 2021, 10:01:47 am by StillTrying »

Offline PlainName

• Super Contributor
« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2021, 10:12:48 am »
Are you sure that's not just a machined metal ball? Is there anything even inside?

It's likely complete bollox. But that's a distraction from what was being discussed - please try and follow the conversation if you're going to drop into it.

Online SiliconWizard

• Super Contributor
« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2021, 05:54:18 pm »
Yes. You're right, they claim detection is made with this "door knob" device, not with the camera. Of course, this is what they claim. No one knows what they actually do, nor whether there is anything active in this sensor, nor whether the app doesn't actually use the camera with a bogus algorithm while they claim using this external sensor. Or maybe the app just gives random results without using any sensor at all.

But as I mentioned, the real question to me is: how could this ever get approved. It boggles the mind, and is extremely concerning IMHO.

• Super Contributor
« Reply #16 on: July 03, 2021, 10:22:02 am »
But as I mentioned, the real question to me is: how could this ever get approved. It boggles the mind, and is extremely concerning IMHO.

Some of the Gov. might be in on it, for whatever reasons.

Look at the 'golf ball' detector, an empty plastic box with a wobbly aerial that didn't even use a battery so not even any blinking lights, someone must have known but carried on anyway.
Some versions of it had claims that it could detect stuff on an aircraft flying 5km away. :o
Last time I looked, around 18 months ago, some of these 'golf ball' detectors were still being used. :horse:

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf