Author Topic: FireFlink: An unscrupulous automated testing company  (Read 2025 times)

Offline HalcyonTopic starter

• Global Moderator
FireFlink: An unscrupulous automated testing company
« on: March 07, 2024, 07:07:31 am »
Normally I wouldn't write such a review on a business, but FireFlink (some company that seems to outsource it's sales/call centre to India) deserve this years award of successfully pissing off any potential customers and breaching Australian law.

For months now, I have endured endless spam calls to my private number, even though it's listed on the Government's Do Not Call Register. For those playing along at home: This makes it illegal for companies to cold call those numbers for marketing/sales purposes.

I have told them to stop calling many times but I'm simply fobbed off only for some other sales person to call me the following week. They typically call from local numbers as well, so they are clearly buying up SIMs/services in several countries.

It's almost getting to the point that company appears to be a complete scam. If they don't listen to their potential customer base, hopefully this hits them where it hurts (in the Google search results). Their Google reviews also seems to be mostly fake reviews written by their own staff.

FireFlink: This is not the way to do business. Do better, and stop calling me!
« Last Edit: April 05, 2024, 03:17:43 am by Halcyon »

Online Kean

• Supporter
  • Embedded systems & IT consultant
    • Kean Electronics
Re: FireFlink: An unscrupulous automated testing company
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2024, 07:29:50 am »
Wow, that is an unusual category of company to be doing spam phone calls.  Probably outsourced to the "wrong" call center, not realising the damage that can do... but short term profits...  :-//

I've been getting hit with a lot of calls at my office recently from "Business Offer" which apparently offer energy comparison services to business.  I've never heard of them, and it isn't a business name you can exactly Google search.

All the calls are from what I'm sure are VoIP or fake numbers in Melbourne, and likely from an Indian call center.  I've had multiple calls a day almost every other day for a couple of weeks.  I keep telling them I am not interested and to not call again.

Unfortunately you cannot add a business phone line to the do not call list, but they've also now started calling my mobile phone which is especially annoying.   |O

Offline David_AVD

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2024, 08:54:48 pm »
Start asking them what they are wearing. Don't be sexist though. You gotta ask the men and women.  :-DD

Online Kean

• Supporter
  • Embedded systems & IT consultant
    • Kean Electronics
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2024, 11:39:06 am »
I think if they call again and I'm not in the middle of something, then I will act interested and try get more info on what company they actually represent.

The VoIP providers that enable these trash companies are scum.

Edit: typo
« Last Edit: March 09, 2024, 04:21:27 am by Kean »

Offline Veteran68

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2024, 05:31:37 pm »
I basically never answer a call on my office line that I don't recognize. Even those I do recognize as established business calls, I let them go to VM and follow up via email. I screen all calls through VM and ignore/delete/block the spam. I don't really get that much anymore.

I'm pretty protective of my personal cell, but in the rare case one gets through it's immediately blocked and deleted. I do not engage in conversation with any of them -- it's pointless to do so and I have better things to do with my time.

My primary means of communications with anyone -- business or personal -- is through digital means such as text, IM, or email. I don't like to talk to people unless it's face to face.

Offline Nominal Animal

• Super Contributor
    • My home page and email address
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2024, 10:50:17 pm »
Start asking them what they are wearing. Don't be sexist though. You gotta ask the men and women.  :-DD
"Do you have a moment to talk about [insert random religious figure here]?" also works well.

My favourite, though, is to just tell them they have the wrong number.  I am that person/This is that company, but no, you have the wrong number.  No, I do not know the right number.  No, I cannot I forward you to them.  No, I cannot leave them a note.  This is particularly good because it ensures you never say "yes" to them, and every answer and sentence contains a clear "no".

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf