Author Topic: Free Energy LOLs  (Read 4977 times)

Online EEVblogTopic starter

• Administrator
    • EEVblog
Free Energy LOLs
« on: June 06, 2020, 04:16:09 am »
Attacking me and the forum it seems.
Only watched a couple of short parts, but seems like he claims I'm a paid shill  :-DD

The following users thanked this post: boB

Offline ogden

• Super Contributor
Re: Free Energy LOLs
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2020, 05:08:59 am »
He do not deserve your attention, nor clicks your post will inevitably generate for his YT video. Best way to handle flat earthers and free energy "scientists" - ignore them.

The following users thanked this post: boB, james_s, Jacon

Offline james_s

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2020, 05:17:24 am »
Yes why even engage? Like all the rest of the free energy guys, put up or shut up. Present a working device to an independent group of engineers for them to analyze how it works. The first person to demonstrate any kind of device that bends the fundamental laws of energy in a repeatable manner will go into the books with the great scientists whose work our whole understanding is based on.

They're all attention seeking charlatans, they all use the same bag of tired old tricks.

Offline Rerouter

• Super Contributor
  • Question Everything... Except This Statement
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2020, 05:34:01 am »
I prefer the easy response, OK you have free unlimited energy, stick it in a sealed box and sell it to me, If it needs weird complicated conditions and "magic" refills to keep going, then its not free, if it can't keep working in that sealed box for days or weeks, then its not unlimited. once you get both those parts down pat, and I can test it, I will buy your box.

• Administrator
    • EEVblog
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2020, 06:33:47 am »
I prefer the easy response, OK you have free unlimited energy, stick it in a sealed box and sell it to me, If it needs weird complicated conditions and "magic" refills to keep going, then its not free, if it can't keep working in that sealed box for days or weeks, then its not unlimited. once you get both those parts down pat, and I can test it, I will buy your box.

Didn't the Steorn Orbo that eventually shipped have a massive battery pack hidden inside?  :-DD

• Administrator
    • EEVblog
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2020, 06:35:30 am »
He do not deserve your attention, nor clicks your post will inevitably generate for his YT video. Best way to handle flat earthers and free energy "scientists" - ignore them.

Yeah, I won't engage, but fun to post here.
The person who send it to me I assumed they were sensible and were sending it for the LOL's. Nope, turns out they are free energy nut and want me to build up some dudes widget and see for myself  ::)

Offline Rerouter

• Super Contributor
  • Question Everything... Except This Statement
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2020, 06:42:32 am »
If it ships with some massive battery pack, atleast they know they are a scam, but it shuts up many of the online preachers. honestly if the battery pack is a reasonable price for whats in it, I probably would not be angry, just warn others against it.

Offline nuclearcat

• Supporter
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2020, 07:01:51 am »
I think guy on video have mashed potato instead of brain. Nonsense that he talks and how he talks - i saw from some mentally ill person with particular diagnosis.
He does not finish a single thought properly, switching suddenly between topics, no prologue, story, epilogue that gives complete idea about author "vision" or "idea", just bunch of random bullshit and inconsistency in EVERYTHING.
Although ill people like him easily find supporters among people who do not want to read more than 5 lines and want to believe in miracles.("Just don’t learn physics at school, and your whole life will be filled with miracles and magic")
P.S. His audio is just piece of shit (only one channel audio, exceptionally irritating sudden loud sounds effects). Seems this grown up child got some audio effects tool and abusing it.

Offline nuclearcat

• Supporter
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2020, 07:07:44 am »
And I also seem to understand why he hates Russians.
This whole scam is about free energy thing of the past in exUSSR (it appeared there first), and russians has long discussions about it , so when new clown appears with “free energy” ideas, most russians have a ton of information to debunk his bullshit.

Offline Haenk

• Super Contributor
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2020, 08:21:57 am »
There you have it: "This material is not for Entertainment".
Dang, and I am still not sure if this is more of the funny, creepy or annoying type of YT-videos. At least I'm sure it hits 103% on the BS meter  :bullshit:

Online Nominal Animal

• Super Contributor
    • My home page and email address
« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2020, 08:54:01 am »
"[Dave] is only after money."

I couldn't watch any further than that, because I instantly recognize the kind of mild psychosis underneath.  The kind that latches on the first perceived fault (here, probably that Dave likes good, expensive tools like good 'scopes from Keysight and Siglent, and likes to point out fake products and crowdsourcing campaigns) – emphasis on perceived –, and ignores everything else, because thinking critically and observing the world the way it is is hard and believing in a magical world is easier and comforting.

Disagreeing with Dave or anyone else on some things is fine, but completely ignoring the massive amount of useful and very helpful, completely free information on both Youtube and on this forum he's providing, is just .. sad, really.  Ignoring all that evidence to cast doubt on Dave's motives is just irrational; strange, weird.

I do find it funny that these secretive inventors are so keen on keeping their inventions secret even when they cannot really even construct an cohesive argument why they need to do so.  Usually, it is some drivel about "big companies stealing the invention and keeping it from the public", when just publishing the invention on the 'net would ensure that cannot happen.  In reality, they think they are standing on a goldmine, and everyone who is criticizing their invention is trying to steal it from them – that too is part of the mild psychosis.  In the real world, ideas are a dime a dozen, and the real world implementation is the one thing that matters.

I am not being mean to the "free energist" here, by they way.  I'm using psychosis in its clinical sense, as a medical condition.  These people are very distinct from the charlatans trying to make money off fake products, and the "inventors" who genuinely believe their work will work because they really do not understand physics at all (and who are genuinely surprised they don't work if they build it).  The best response to these, I think, is to gently tell them that not everybody is trying to steal their invention or to keep their invention from the public.  Most of us can just see that those inventions do not – cannot – work, and don't want gullible people to lose their money on them.  To prove our motives, we openly tell exactly why those inventions cannot work.

The following users thanked this post: EEVblog, daqq, Ian.M

Offline TheHolyHorse

• Regular Contributor
  • You don't need to be confused, just understand it.
« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2020, 09:24:54 am »
The comment section of that video is just sad. How can so many people be so delusional, when it's so easy to prove them wrong. When are the free energy people ever gonna demonstrate their "free engery"?  :-DD It's like trying to convince someone that god exist, but how are you supposed to believe something that extreme without actual proof.

Offline madires

• Super Contributor
  • A qualified hobbyist ;)
« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2020, 09:55:46 am »
It's only about getting more attention and clicks. Nothing to see here! Move along!

• Administrator
    • EEVblog
« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2020, 10:31:10 am »
It's only about getting more attention and clicks. Nothing to see here! Move along!

How many years old is my video BTW?
But it is one of the top search results for "free energy" IIRC.

• Administrator
    • EEVblog
« Reply #14 on: June 06, 2020, 10:31:59 am »
The comment section of that video is just sad. How can so many people be so delusional, when it's so easy to prove them wrong.

They want to believe.
Just like people want to believe in religion etc.

The following users thanked this post: ogden, E-Design

Offline AVGresponding

• Super Contributor
  • Exploring Rabbit Holes Since The 1970s
« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2020, 11:13:13 am »
The comment section of that video is just sad. How can so many people be so delusional, when it's so easy to prove them wrong.

They want to believe.
Just like people want to believe in religion etc.

Much of the blame for this can be directly apportioned to the decreasing educational standards across the developed world these days.

People just aren't taught the skill of critical thinking any more, at least at general educational levels, they're just taught how to pass tests and assessments.

You pretty much have to wait until further education to be taught it in most cases nowadays.
nuqDaq yuch Dapol?
Addiction count: Agilent-AVO-BlackStar-Brymen-Chauvin Arnoux-Fluke-GenRad-Hameg-HP-Keithley-IsoTech-Mastech-Megger-Metrix-Micronta-Racal-RFL-Siglent-Solartron-Tektronix-Thurlby-Time Electronics-TTi-UniT

Offline madires

• Super Contributor
  • A qualified hobbyist ;)
« Reply #16 on: June 06, 2020, 11:18:34 am »
How many years old is my video BTW?
But it is one of the top search results for "free energy" IIRC.

Right now a search for "free energy" lists two videos from ElectroBOOM in the first 12. A search for "free energy scam" lists 5 from ElectroBOOM and two of yours. One of them is "EEVblog #708 - Free Energy Overunity is RUBBISH!", 5 years old.

Online Nominal Animal

• Super Contributor
« Reply #17 on: June 06, 2020, 11:24:05 am »
Exactly.  Being rational and objective about the harsh real world is hard; magical thinking is comforting.

There are similarities to conspiracy theories, too.  It is easy to think "they" are against you, because then you are important; but hard to accept that nobody is against you because nobody knows or cares about you at all.

It may sound odd, to create imaginary adversaries to feel better, but that's humans for you.  We can emotionally deal with "enemies", even become stronger then; but not so much being completely ignored or feeling irrelevant, replaceable, insignificant: the brain tends to go b0rk then, especially if there are other hardships or genetic predisposition.

This also makes it easy to understand why so many people are arguing about our societies having [structural evil], for varying values or definitions of [structural evil].  It is easier to be, if you know you are significant and special enough to have an enemy targeting you, instead of just one more or less average one out of 7,700,000,000 or so.

Online SiliconWizard

• Super Contributor
« Reply #18 on: June 06, 2020, 03:22:23 pm »
Apparently they only record in mono using the left channel. Maybe this is for saving all the free energy they generate. That was too annoying to listen to.

The following users thanked this post: nuclearcat

Offline Haenk

• Super Contributor
« Reply #19 on: June 06, 2020, 04:36:36 pm »
Apparently they only record in mono using the left channel. Maybe this is for saving all the free energy they generate. That was too annoying to listen to.

No. The right channel is used to transmit inaudible theta-BS-waveform particles to protect you from you-know-for-sure-whom-I'm-talking about, trying to confuse your brain, so you won't understand his video. Like an advanced tinfoil-hat, without the hat and the foil.

Offline daqq

• Super Contributor
    • My site
« Reply #20 on: June 06, 2020, 05:02:47 pm »
I'll just repeat myself:

Send your working device to Dave for a test run. And the UL or a different serious independent lab. If it works, wait for the money and the Nobel prize. If it doesn't I'll be so shocked.

The alternative (which is what we have now) is to have a free energy circlejerk where no useful physical devices generated/sold, but apparently there are hundreds of designs that most assuredly work - just look at all of the videos related to this one, the comments section on the video... from the quantity of claims it seems that you have to be an idiot not to be able to create your own device.

And a few gems from the comments section:
Wesley hi there my name is Jason and I too have made a Device that is essentially (free lunch) also working with the harmonic resonance and multiple impedances pulses, I have a Device of 14kwa stable at 50hz continues use, my main power switching circuitry is using Thyristor module bricks 3 of them for 3 phase powrt, also have a yoke setup using 3 combined yokes stacked on top of one another, and a very very large Tesla transformer which I built myself with exactly 2401 turns on the primary and 360 on my secondary, I have a resonance very close to the Shuman resonance frequency, my device resonates at ELF 7,3469387755101 Hz

I am so happy to see your healthy and ok my friend in these crazy times! As always great video and in my opinion the eevblog and his TY channel should be shut down he is a crude unprofessional butt holes! I don't waist my time because he is very blind and has much to learn!

And pot kettle black:
EEV blog is a good, regular and very popular electronics blog. Watch it when you need to know how a 555 or a transistor works. 
Don't expect them to have any knowledge about the real world we live in. They have not. Don't forget these are just autistic electronic technicians and engineers. They are followers. They learn and adopt ideas from others and then treat them as if it is the only and eternal truth. They simply can't grasp the concept of scientific indoctrination and information suppression. It is always waste of time to debate with religious followers.
Believe it or not, pointy haired people do exist!
+++Divide By Cucumber Error. Please Reinstall Universe And Reboot +++

Offline AVGresponding

• Super Contributor
  • Exploring Rabbit Holes Since The 1970s
« Reply #21 on: June 06, 2020, 05:19:21 pm »
I'll just repeat myself:

Send your working device to Dave for a test run. And the UL or a different serious independent lab. If it works, wait for the money and the Nobel prize. If it doesn't I'll be so shocked.

The alternative (which is what we have now) is to have a free energy circlejerk where no useful physical devices generated/sold, but apparently there are hundreds of designs that most assuredly work - just look at all of the videos related to this one, the comments section on the video... from the quantity of claims it seems that you have to be an idiot not to be able to create your own device.

And a few gems from the comments section:
Wesley hi there my name is Jason and I too have made a Device that is essentially (free lunch) also working with the harmonic resonance and multiple impedances pulses, I have a Device of 14kwa stable at 50hz continues use, my main power switching circuitry is using Thyristor module bricks 3 of them for 3 phase powrt, also have a yoke setup using 3 combined yokes stacked on top of one another, and a very very large Tesla transformer which I built myself with exactly 2401 turns on the primary and 360 on my secondary, I have a resonance very close to the Shuman resonance frequency, my device resonates at ELF 7,3469387755101 Hz

I'd be fascinated to hear an explanation of how this person achieves a 100fHz precision in his measurement. I'm sure it would be a very very imaginative stream of gibberish.
nuqDaq yuch Dapol?
Addiction count: Agilent-AVO-BlackStar-Brymen-Chauvin Arnoux-Fluke-GenRad-Hameg-HP-Keithley-IsoTech-Mastech-Megger-Metrix-Micronta-Racal-RFL-Siglent-Solartron-Tektronix-Thurlby-Time Electronics-TTi-UniT

The following users thanked this post: boB

Online Nominal Animal

• Super Contributor
« Reply #22 on: June 06, 2020, 06:21:29 pm »
I like the healing crystal folks more: at least their wares sometimes smell nice.

Offline Cyberdragon

• Super Contributor
« Reply #23 on: June 08, 2020, 10:56:37 pm »
I like the healing crystal folks more: at least their wares sometimes smell nice.

This shit just smells like burnt electronics and flesh from idiots that don't know a damn thing about electricity. ::)
*BZZZZZZAAAAAP*
Voltamort strikes again!
Explodingus - someone who frequently causes accidental explosions

Offline ozcar

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #24 on: June 08, 2020, 11:27:55 pm »
Wesley hi there my name is Jason ...  I have a Device of 14kwa stable at 50hz continues use

I thought maybe that was an abbreviation for Zambian kwachas, but Wikipedia says otherwise.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf