Author Topic: I don’t see the fuss over wireless charging  (Read 25104 times)

Offline etiTopic starter

• Super Contributor
  • !
  • MOD: a.k.a Unlokia, glossywhite, iamwhoiam etc
I don’t see the fuss over wireless charging
« on: October 28, 2021, 04:04:40 am »
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Wireless charging - what’s the great “benefit” from a system where you have a pad that charges your phone **slower** due to coupling losses, than if you’d just plugged it into a cable? Also, you have to position the phone PRECISELY or the induction coils will be misaligned, and you can’t use your device - pick it up and make a call, et cetera, as it’s charging (obviously).

As was the case with NFC, about 7 years ago, and how (mainly) the Android ✌️“Community”✌️obsessed over it just for the sake of doing so (and using it as a reason to deride Apple for not implementing it 🙄), it seems like another fad wave which the net is riding, and apart from the ✌️“”inconvenience”✌️(? 🤣🤨) of plugging in a wire, what is the benefit?

Oh and let’s cancel out all nonsense comments about water and dust ingress. People will always find another way to damage their phone - ALWAYS. They drop them, sit on them, lose them… I don’t see a tiny socket as much of a problem.

Consumer technology circles seem to love to obsess over the latest gimmick, and it seems that rarely is any deep, high quality critical and objective thinking applied. I can understand electric toothbrushes having needed to use this for years - it’s a safety issue - but this? Hah!! Piffle.

« Last Edit: October 28, 2021, 04:07:17 am by eti »

Offline ataradov

• Super Contributor
    • Personal site
Re: I don’t see the fuss over wireless charging
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2021, 04:16:46 am »
Wow, you lasted two whole days before creating another ranting thread.

Wireless charging is convenient and works reasonably well.  If you don't like it - don't use it. It is as simple as that.
Alex

Offline etiTopic starter

• Super Contributor
  • !
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2021, 04:22:05 am »
Wow, you lasted two whole days before creating another ranting thread.

Wireless charging is convenient and works reasonably well.  If you don't like it - don't use it. It is as simple as that.

Don’t be a troublemaker. I’m not “ranting”, this is a genuine topic and I’m curious as to what the fuss is about.

Don’t stir up unrest, that’s not nice. If you’re at a loose end, why not do something apart from “policing” the internet? I could comment on your posts, but I lack the will to do so - I don’t let people steal my peace - what you post is your concern, and if the mods take issue with you, that’s a personal issue between you folks.

Take care.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2021, 04:33:41 am by eti »

The following users thanked this post: passedpawn

Offline ataradov

• Super Contributor
    • Personal site
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2021, 04:33:51 am »
There is not "fuss". It is a technology that many people find useful, so manufactures put it into the devices. If you personally don't find it useful - good for you, you can forget that it exists. You are not losing anything because my charging is less efficient than it could be.

Your approach to things can be applied to literally anything and it is not productive. What is the fuss with TV remove controls? Is it hard to go to the TV and switch channels? Only wasting more plastic on making those remotes. And you can lose them easily.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2021, 04:36:23 am by ataradov »
Alex

The following users thanked this post: wraper, newbrain

Offline etiTopic starter

• Super Contributor
  • !
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2021, 04:40:32 am »
There is not "fuss". It is a technology that many people find useful, so manufactures put it into the devices. If you personally don't find it useful - good for you, you can forget that it exists. You are not losing anything because my charging is less efficient than it could be.

Your approach to things can be applied to literally anything and it is not productive. What is the fuss with TV remove controls? Is it hard to go to the TV and switch channels? Only wasting more plastic on making those remotes. And you can lose them easily.

Leave the thread that you deem unworthy of time investment, then. If it’s not to your taste, feel welcome to spend energy more productively on topics you like. You’re not spoiling my day, I reject your negativity - spread it elsewhere, keep off my threads, please.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2021, 04:42:09 am by eti »

Offline CatalinaWOW

• Super Contributor
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2021, 05:21:16 am »
This is not a personal attack.

Wireless charging is appealing to me (and obviously quite a few others).  The main benefit is not having to scramble for a cord end and plug it in when a charge is required.  Dropping the phone on a charging surface is a one handed operation, while plugging a charging cord in requires two.  (I have had charging stations that let me drop the phone onto a charging plug and liked that feature even though it required a custom cradle for the charger and had some other issues.)  Is it a world changing feature?  Of course not.  But most of the features on smart phones are not world changing, they are merely conveniences.  Alignment of the phone to the charger is not critical on the systems I have seen, and if you find it difficult to get adequate alignment simple mechanical guides are more than up to the job.

I agree that it is less efficient.  But losing a few watt-hours a day isn't going to be noticeable on my electric bill.  Since I usually charge my phone overnight fast charging isn't a huge factor to me.  My biggest use of it has come as the (non-replaceable) battery in my phone has aged and no longer can support a full heavy usage day.  So a few late in the day high speed energy dumps on those high usage days lets me eke out a few more months before I either do a risky battery replacement or replace the phone.  That has been averaging less than one day a week of needing a quick pump up over the last month or two.

You are right, having one less point of entry for water isn't going to make the phone safe forever and for everyone.  But it helps a little bit.  Kind of like eliminating the earphone plug.

Finally, like eliminating the earphone plug the fundamental reason may be packaging.  The antenna and transmitter for wireless earplugs is easier to package than the jack.  And some manufacturers have said the same about the charging plug.

So the fuss boils down to a convenience that some people find appealing, others find appalling and most say meh about.  Kind of like fast charging or cordless earphones.  Those that try to crucify a phone that doesn't have one of these conveniences is just trying to pick a fight.

Offline etiTopic starter

• Super Contributor
  • !
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2021, 05:36:07 am »
This is not a personal attack.

Wireless charging is appealing to me (and obviously quite a few others).  The main benefit is not having to scramble for a cord end and plug it in when a charge is required.  Dropping the phone on a charging surface is a one handed operation, while plugging a charging cord in requires two.  (I have had charging stations that let me drop the phone onto a charging plug and liked that feature even though it required a custom cradle for the charger and had some other issues.)  Is it a world changing feature?  Of course not.  But most of the features on smart phones are not world changing, they are merely conveniences.  Alignment of the phone to the charger is not critical on the systems I have seen, and if you find it difficult to get adequate alignment simple mechanical guides are more than up to the job.

I agree that it is less efficient.  But losing a few watt-hours a day isn't going to be noticeable on my electric bill.  Since I usually charge my phone overnight fast charging isn't a huge factor to me.  My biggest use of it has come as the (non-replaceable) battery in my phone has aged and no longer can support a full heavy usage day.  So a few late in the day high speed energy dumps on those high usage days lets me eke out a few more months before I either do a risky battery replacement or replace the phone.  That has been averaging less than one day a week of needing a quick pump up over the last month or two.

You are right, having one less point of entry for water isn't going to make the phone safe forever and for everyone.  But it helps a little bit.  Kind of like eliminating the earphone plug.

Finally, like eliminating the earphone plug the fundamental reason may be packaging.  The antenna and transmitter for wireless earplugs is easier to package than the jack.  And some manufacturers have said the same about the charging plug.

So the fuss boils down to a convenience that some people find appealing, others find appalling and most say meh about.  Kind of like fast charging or cordless earphones.  Those that try to crucify a phone that doesn't have one of these conveniences is just trying to pick a fight.

I don’t perceive it as an “attack”, you’re courteous and reasonable (I find that most people are)

Whilst you won’t notice much of a personal dent, financially, I find it a little contradictory in an overall industry sense that, on the one hand, everyone’s crowing about “carbon footprint” this, “efficiency” that, and the politicians and companies manipulate us with “ecowash”, and yet here we have a system which is by its very physics inefficient, and strangely the novelty factor of this seemingly “futuristic” technology seems to cancel and override the inherent inefficiencies, ALL of which are real, tangible cumulative power losses which add up to more waste and whatever else damages the environment - (seriously? Inductive transfer seen is “futuristic”, and yet is the oldest and most fundamental of electronics systems… okay then… if they think so 😁)

I’m neutral as regards the rather silly “bad” or “good” perspective - I simply don’t see it offers anything of any worth. The charging pad itself has to be plugged in which requires a cable - where’s the “benefit”?

Offline Berni

• Super Contributor
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2021, 05:44:29 am »
It is a convenience factor thing.

Do you always need your phone changed quickly? Do you always hold it in your hands and never set it down somewhere? Don't think so. Just because your phone supports wireless charging doesn't mean you loose the ability to charge the old way over a USB port. Use if it you need a quick charge before you leave home or are actively using it while the battery is near dead.

Most people have certain spots where they leave there phone when not in use. I like to leave mine on my desk and i have a spot in my bedroom where i charge it overnight. I don't care how fast it charges, all i care is that i have a full battery by the time i wake up. To make this easier i have a magnetic USB adapter plugged in. All i have to do is bring the port close enough to the dangling cable end for the magnets to pull and with a click it grabs on and starts charging. In the morning i grab the phone and just yank it away for the charger cable to pop off. Saves a lot of hassle with grabbing the cable and fiddling with it to plug it in.

This is the same use case where wireless charging would come in useful, i could just toss it on a tray and it charges, pick it back up in the morning. But my phone doesn't have wireless charging and still has microUSB, yet after all these years of overnight charging the battery still lasts a few days on one charge no problem.

NFC also has its uses. There are tags that can be detected by the phone to trigger common tasks, there are devices that can easily pair up via NFC from a simple tap (Got a wifi label printer that does it). Also contactless payment cards use this protocol, so my phone can present itself as my bank card, no special Apple Pay or GooglePay or something needed, the POS terminal just thinks its talking to the card from my small local bank that happens to have a NFC app available.

Yes some of the funky new wireless technology is just a fad and gimmick to wow the consumers with a shiny new thing. But some parts are genuinely useful.

The following users thanked this post: newbrain, eti

Offline etiTopic starter

• Super Contributor
  • !
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2021, 05:48:42 am »
It's a daft gimmick. If it was that amazing, why was this very well known aspect of physics, not implemented in phones many decades ago? An oscillator and a coil are not technological advancements - the marketing and fad wave took over.

With all respect, I find people are easily sold on things they could easily dismiss as pointless, were they not already ¾ of the way on being convinced into a new gadget purchase. I've yet to hear an actual, tangible, logical benefit for it over a simple, basic plug and socket, because I don't see there IS one. If it's that convenient and time saving, why are all phones sold not using it exclusively? Because it's a gimmick.

It takes two hands to steer a car, and yet I see no one saying what a nuisance that is - I don't see the "convenience" of saving oneself the hardship of having to pause a second, plug a wire in and carry on. Lol!

As for NFC, let's just say that Apple are the ONLY company which finally made it come into its own, transparently, seamlessly, ubiquitously and not merely be a bullet point on an Android device page for nerds to thrill over. As for many things, Apple may not be "first!!!", but they make very sure that, if they consider and invest in a thing, it becomes invisible and often the best.

I recall when my friend used to mock me that my iPhone didn't support bluetooth file transfer. Fine - mock away - it's not like I designed the thing. But the idiocy of sitting in my kitchen for ONE HOUR with his Samsung, trying to execute something as basic as sending me a 500MB video to me, OVER BLUETOOTH 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️ and then via "Android Beam" and about 10 other useless Samsung "features", was one of the most ridiculous fails I've ever remembered.

Then, Apple releases "Airdrop" and all this horse #### vanishes, but back on the Samsung planet, they're still messing about with 90s protocols and quasi-oddball half baked Android things. Wow.

I've yet to have AirDrop fail me, and for iOS to Android/PC transfer I use "Send Anywhere" which I've used for a few years now - in fact I've sent 27GB of media from my iPhone to my Android phone just an hour ago, in 20 mins!

I digressed. I felt it... 😁
« Last Edit: October 28, 2021, 06:04:30 am by eti »

Offline ataradov

• Super Contributor
    • Personal site
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2021, 06:23:59 am »
Why LTE speeds were not implemented before? We knew how to transmit radio waves long before the wireless phones.

The physics are known, but the manufacturing and semiconductor technologies required to support modern charging are not trivial. And may be that is why you perceive this technology as inefficient - you think of it in terms of the 60 or something like that.

But if you think it is a gimmick - then don't use it, surely the rest of the people will realize the same and abandon it soon.
Alex

Offline etiTopic starter

• Super Contributor
  • !
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2021, 06:28:49 am »
[Excluding forum members in this statement, due to the fact of your very membership, you are above average in understanding electronics and physics]

I see one very obvious factor that has caused the perception that this "WOW! STAR TREK TECK!", as is evidenced by the huge amount of technical ignorance (forgivable, we aren't ALL interested in electronics or engineering) on one of, I am sure, countless internet threads: https://www.reddit.com/r/changemyview/comments/9zqhi3/cmv_wireless_charging_is_a_useless_fad/

The sheer "Star Trek" factor, perceived by the world at large, is staggering, and somewhat amusing - have a read of that link - the misunderstanding and apparent perceived gains, are nothing short of "wow.... ok..... wow....  :palm: "

This is me in critical thinking mode, please do not take offence - I am not giving it to you - I have no offence, nor personal judgment re using it - I just see it as objectively illogical, and wasteful in myriad senses.

Offline etiTopic starter

• Super Contributor
  • !
« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2021, 06:32:30 am »
Why LTE speeds were not implemented before? We knew how to transmit radio waves long before the wireless phones.

The physics are known, but the manufacturing and semiconductor technologies required to support modern charging are not trivial. And may be that is why you perceive this technology as inefficient - you think of it in terms of the 60 or something like that.

But if you think it is a gimmick - then don't use it, surely the rest of the people will realize the same and abandon it soon.

May I parse all your threads, and form similar conclusions in regard to the discussions you are interested in, and attempt to convince you not to form opinions? Please, with all kindness, you may be better served to spend time on other things. Thank you.

Offline Haenk

• Super Contributor
« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2021, 07:09:29 am »
Honestly, what's wrong with you?

I kept 2 (good) smartphones alive, that had USB-port issues. Just used the Qi charger I had. Replacing the port was not an option. So there you have it, wireless charging obviously does have some very good use, it saved 2 smartphones from E-waste. And: Had my familiy members used the wireless charging from day one, the USB ports would have been fine, likely forever.
On the otehr hand, I do have 3 tables and 2 more smartphones with damaged USB ports, repairing is pointless as those are now pretty worthless, so a spare part is more expensive than a working device. Qi charging would have kept them in use.

If you don't like it, don't use it or don't buy it.

Offline etiTopic starter

• Super Contributor
  • !
« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2021, 07:32:12 am »

I kept 2 (good) smartphones alive, that had USB-port issues. Just used the Qi charger I had. Replacing the port was not an option. So there you have it, wireless charging obviously does have some very good use, it saved 2 smartphones from E-waste. And: Had my familiy members used the wireless charging from day one, the USB ports would have been fine, likely forever.
On the otehr hand, I do have 3 tables and 2 more smartphones with damaged USB ports, repairing is pointless as those are now pretty worthless, so a spare part is more expensive than a working device. Qi charging would have kept them in use.

Who said anything is “wrong” with me? That’s pretty personal - would I be so rude to ask you that? It sounds like you’re rather careless with your devices if you have THAT many with damaged ports - never once had a charging socket broken on decades of many many phones. Use what you like - I’m not questioning PEOPLE, I’m questioning the logic of the system.

Gosh people love being “the offended generation” 😁
« Last Edit: October 28, 2021, 07:37:50 am by eti »

Offline racemaniac

• Contributor
« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2021, 09:14:36 am »

Who said anything is “wrong” with me? That’s pretty personal - would I be so rude to ask you that? It sounds like you’re rather careless with your devices if you have THAT many with damaged ports - never once had a charging socket broken on decades of many many phones. Use what you like - I’m not questioning PEOPLE, I’m questioning the logic of the system.

Dude, learn to chill.

This thread started with you ranting on wireless charging, and why you think it's absolutely worthless.

And when people give you clear usecases on why they think it is useful. And put downsides (such as efficiency) into perspective, all you do is dig your heels deeper, and go on the attack.

And then you say everyone else is offended while you seem to take any objection to your opinion as something that needs to be immediately attacked & rectified, since you obviously can't be wrong.

As others have already said many times in this thread: if you don't like it, don't use it or don't buy it, but you've already received plenty of answers on why people do like to use it, and why they think it's not a complete waste. You can disagree with that, but i'm not sure why you're trying to convince people that something they know is useful & convenient for them, isn't useful & convenient for them.

The following users thanked this post: Cyberdragon, cgroen, Haenk, alexnoot

Offline Raj

• Frequent Contributor
  • Self taught, experimenter, noob(ish)
« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2021, 09:21:50 am »
I find wireless charging to be quite an odd thing to implement in consumer device just for the sake of it. Sure there are use cases like waterproofing or ability to implant device into our body or something.
A better way to charge would be to have conductive surfaces on the device, you drop the device onto a pad and pogo pins or something mechanical on the pad, sends electricity into the device. Ofc you'll need systems to detect the presence of device for safety reasons but it'll be relatively extremely efficient.
The problem of alignment is present in both wireless and my method. People try to solve it by implementing multiple coil design. I think, just having sloped surfaces like a funnel would solve it alongside gravity. or electromechanical pusher that pushes the device into it's position.

I also find it funny that Wifi exists, has higher speeds and still we send data over bluetooth. You can theoretically send data over wifi using quazi-FTP protocol but you can't since no one programmed that.

I am a hater of modern phones. You can't achieve the level of customization using root or jailbreak that a true open source OS can provide. Most phones now days are ultra locked down and have features for the sake of it and look the same. They say, android is open source but all opensource implementations are pretty awful.

You say, don't like it, don't buy it? I hate the notch but tell me a modern model without a notch is isn't sub power in other fields. Hate the camera bump and want a thicker phone with bigger battery or even other gimmicky features like second tiny screen? you're totally out of luck.

Also What's up with the government of the world? Why can't we get another band of radio just for lag free personal audio. Why does bluetooth perform so badly?

Not getting the right to repair doesn't mean plan b is better. If you had access to spares, you would have charged it wired way.

« Last Edit: October 28, 2021, 09:55:05 am by Raj »

Offline IanB

• Super Contributor
« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2021, 09:36:52 am »
I tried out a wireless charger with my phone out of curiosity, but I don't use it. It provides no benefits for me.

Unless I glue down the magnetic base it still requires two hands to detach it from the phone, and without it I have no difficulty plugging in the charging cable when I want to charge the phone. It makes no difference whether the charging cable has a plug on the end of it or a magnetic charging puck on the end of it. Frankly the plug is lighter and easier to deal with.

The other thing that discourages me is the way the charging unit leaves marks on the phone case due to its limpet-like magnetic attraction.

Offline Berni

• Super Contributor
« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2021, 09:37:47 am »

You are the one in this thread that appears to get offended by everything. The others are just providing perfectly reasonable answers to what the use for wireless charging is, yet just rant on about it just because it doesn't line up with what you think about it.

There are lots of things that i don't find sensible myself, but i am perfectly fine with others finding it sensible. For example i don't see any sense in owning a fast sports car. Its expensive to buy, expensive to maintain, expensive to insure, unpractical, uncomfortable to drive, gets poor fuel efficiency and i can't drive it any faster on public roads anyway due to speed limits. But i don't go around saying that sports cars are stupid. I can see why someone else would indeed want one and enjoy having one. They might enjoy looking flashy in it, they might be a motoring enthusiast that likes interesting cars, or maybe they take it to track days and actually race it in a safe environment. Good on you, enjoy your fancy car.

The following users thanked this post: Cyberdragon, newbrain, cgroen, Haenk, alexnoot

Offline daqq

• Super Contributor
    • My site
« Reply #18 on: October 28, 2021, 10:04:11 am »
There are areas where it is practical - sealed devices, whether consumer or industrial suddenly don't need an IP6x connector to charge. In other areas it's a minor convenience.

Yes, it's a gimmick, most of the time, some of the time it's not.
As was the case with NFC, about 7 years ago, and how (mainly) the Android ✌️“Community”✌️obsessed over it just for the sake of doing so (and using it as a reason to deride Apple for not implementing it 🙄), it seems like another fad wave which the net is riding, and apart from the ✌️“”inconvenience”✌️(? 🤣🤨) of plugging in a wire, what is the benefit?
Ah, yes, the "I don't use it, therefore it's the most idiotic thing conceivable" mentality.

Also, are them damn kids playing on your lawn again?
Believe it or not, pointy haired people do exist!
+++Divide By Cucumber Error. Please Reinstall Universe And Reboot +++

Offline MrMobodies

• Super Contributor
« Reply #19 on: October 28, 2021, 10:57:21 am »
I brought a few of these stands and not just for the 10w meagre wireless charging alone but  to stand the phones up.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07PMLFBRR/

Enjoy rapid wireless charging :bullshit: with the sleek :bullshit: Galvanox Aluminum PowerStand - the upgraded 10W output supports Samsung's new Adaptive Fast Charge 2.0 standard (for all Galaxy S10 models) For your convenience this stand comes equipped with an international travel adapter - providing you with global charging options (80+ countries) right out of the box!
The PowerStand comes packed with great little features: 3-way adjustable indicator brightness (night mode), Charging interference alerts, redundant internal safety protections, Non-slip grip points and much more. Powered by USB C, the Powerstand is perfect for desktop and nightstand wireless charging applications. Built with the quality and solid feel you've come to expect from every Galvanox product.

I wouldn't be enjoying a charge rate of 10w an hour but if I use something in a certain way where a slow charge will do then it's there for that small convenience as well as to stand whatever up.

I had one phone that got scratched a bit on the display by it lying on the surfaces where I have tools all over the worktops.

I chose it also because of the hole at bottom for when I do have something that is plugged in and I could just pull it out underneath.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2021, 01:30:47 pm by MrMobodies »

Offline Simon

• Global Moderator
  • Did that just blow up? No? might work after all !!
    • Simon's Electronics
« Reply #20 on: October 28, 2021, 12:00:26 pm »
Wireless charging has pro's and cons. I don't know if it increases heat when charging. I have a pad in my car i can simply put it on to charge which saves cables trailing around. I have just replaced the battery and did try plugging it in which I have to do to the car for android auto anyway but meh it is more hassle. I have had instances of my phone loosing the connection to the car when the ire was nudged so I don't know if that is a sign of the socket already being dodgy despite having barely any use.

Offline xrunner

• Super Contributor
  • hp>Agilent>Keysight>???
« Reply #21 on: October 28, 2021, 12:17:41 pm »
My comments below pertain to an iPhone 6S

Wireless charging - what’s the great “benefit” from a system where you have a pad that charges your phone **slower** due to coupling losses, than if you’d just plugged it into a cable?

It's not a "great" benefit. It's an OK benefit. I like it because it's convenient. I don't give a flip how slow it is because when I charge it I'm not going anywhere for the rest of the day. However, it isn't particularly slow charging anyway. Seems pretty fast to me.

Also, you have to position the phone PRECISELY or the induction coils will be misaligned ...

Precisely? On mine you have to sit in on top of a round base. LOL I mean sure if it's sorta, kinda close, not inches away from the center it'll work but if you can't place it that well you probably have a hard time putting a toothbrush into your mouth.

and you can’t use your device - pick it up and make a call, et cetera, as it’s charging (obviously).

Well that is incorrect. I certainly can use it while it's wirelessly charging. All I have to do is pick it up along with the charging base (which isn't all that big) and use it. Is that a normal thing to do? No, but to address your assertion it certainly could be done.

Oh and let’s cancel out all nonsense comments about water and dust ingress ...

Request denied.

It keeps dust out of the lightning port.  :P

I told my friends I could teach them to be funny, but they all just laughed at me.

Offline xrunner

• Super Contributor
  • hp>Agilent>Keysight>???
« Reply #22 on: October 28, 2021, 01:04:24 pm »
Follow up ...

Using the iPhone 6S with aftermarket wireless charger operational in-hand.   :)

Is it normal - no.

Does it defeat the purpose of a wireless charger - yes.

It simply illustrates it can be done.
I told my friends I could teach them to be funny, but they all just laughed at me.

Offline PlainName

• Super Contributor
« Reply #23 on: October 28, 2021, 03:34:09 pm »
It takes two hands to steer a car, and yet I see no one saying what a nuisance that is

Largely because most people leave one hand on the gear lever and rest the other arm on the door. And when they're not doing that they're using one hand to hold their phone, food, fag, whatever.

Offline PlainName

• Super Contributor
« Reply #24 on: October 28, 2021, 03:41:59 pm »
I’m neutral as regards the rather silly “bad” or “good” perspective

No you aren't. Right after that you said:

It's a daft gimmick.

and also said:

I've yet to hear an actual, tangible, logical benefit for it over a simple, basic plug and socket, because I don't see there IS one.

right after someone told you exactly that.

The fact is that nothing anyone can say in this thread will affect your view in any way at all. You are not here for clarification or suggestions or 'to see the light'. You post these rants just to pick an argument.

The first few you got the benefit of the doubt on that, but your's as consistent on this as TreeFaringdon is at thanking every post.

The following users thanked this post: Cyberdragon

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf