Author Topic: Lomi: Hyper-BUSTED! overpriced compost breadmaker scam  (Read 3395 times)

Offline MrMobodiesTopic starter

• Super Contributor
Lomi: Hyper-BUSTED! overpriced compost breadmaker scam
« on: September 04, 2022, 03:43:51 am »
Nice to see it occurred to ThunderF00t that they were basically making a turbo composter out of something that resembles a breadmaker.

https://uk.pela.earth/products/lomi
Uk price: £499.99 Us price: $499.99

Amazon Basics 2 breadmaker $63:
https://www.amazon.com/AmazonBasics-Pound-Non-Stick-Making-Machine/dp/B07VB8Y1MD

I see that has one blade whereas the Lomi has 4.

Lomi: Hyper-BUSTED!
3 Sept 2022 67,194 views Up 8.8K Down: 37

Interesting that out of 2739 reviews include 5,4,and 3 stars but not 1 and 2 stars as he pointed out.
9:19 in the video Thunderf00t tried to copy someone's review and did the email confirmation thing but it didn't publcize or maybe they expect proof of purchase.

Compared Their Indeigogo campaign about it stop working or not receiving their item and the subscription thing but when Thunderf00t tried maybe they required proof of purchase.

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/lomi-turn-waste-to-compost-with-a-single-button#/
Lomi: Turn Waste To Compost With A Single Button
Food waste is gross. It's time for a change.

Pela 1 Campaign | Kelowna, Canada
£6,277,328 GBP by 19,422 backers
£5,991,295 GBP by 18,587 backers on Jun 4, 2021
Sounds to me like a lot of money for what it does.

Drew Haldane 5 months ago
I received my Lomi, and I like it. However, I was taken aback by the fact that to produce actual compost, you have to purchase a LomiPods subscription. Your campaign, and your website, strongly imply that users get compost with the touch of a button – Any mention of the need for a subscription to a proprietary nutrient supplement is strangely absent.

Honestly, this feels a little like false advertising to me, and leaves a bad taste in my mouth for an otherwise nice product.

Shaylee Austin 5 months ago
PROJECT OWNER
Hi Drew, I am sorry for any confusion over the LomiPods and filter refill subscription that we offer. Indiegogo customers have this as an optional add on. The LomiPods offer a great boost to the output and your Lomi dirt when running Lomi Approved or Grow Mode. The LomiPods and filter refills help to keep your Lomi running at its best and ensure the best results. Should you forego the subscription you will still need to change out the refillable filters to keep your Lomi running at its best.

Also I remembered a previous video as he mentioned of threats of legal action over copyright and and to another Youtuber oops sorry on double checking that was just a troll comment

Lomi threatens legal action for BUSTED video!
27 Jan 2022 370,995 views  Up: 26K Down: 149

https://www.amazon.co.uk/product-reviews/B0B3FSQTRS/ref=acr_dp_hist_1?ie=UTF8&filterByStar=one_star&reviewerType=all_reviews#reviews-filter-bar
59 global ratings
5 star    80%
4 star       9%
3 star    6%
2 star       0%
1 star       6%

Surprised to see not many complaints on Amazon as Thunderf00t pointed out to link on one of the reviews to Reviewopedia:
https://www.reviewopedia.com/lomi-compost-bin-reviews
43 Reviews:
1 Star       33
2 Star       3
3 Star       2
4 Star       5

After you buy their product, they "automatically" enroll you in a service you do NOT want!

July 2, 2022 Mitch
I hate this company. I have been trying since June 24, 2022, to cancel their subscription service for quarterly receipts of charcoal to use in the machine. They have made it as hard as possible. I cannot find the cancel subscription button, although I scrolled to the bottom of my account (as instructed) and although their is a place that says "Manage Membership." First of all, I never enrolled in their "subscription service" for charcoal. They "automatically" put me in it. Second, there website makes it appear that you "must request" this service. They do NOT clearly indicate that enrollment is "automatic." What a SCAM!!! They are SCAMMERS!

Ava F
Over-priced ez bake oven with poor CS

July 13, 2022
We got it in March 2022. We used it perhaps 2x a week until mid-May 2022 when it stopped working. It never did compost the full range of items they advertise; it works fine on regular compostable materials. It's noisy. The finished product can be smelly, but not obnoxiously so.

I emailed them when it stopped working in mid-May. It took 6 days for them to respond to my email and only after I sent a second, not so nice, follow up. They wanted a video of what it was doing. I sent that. Then they wanted to know "what address" to ship the replacement parts to so I could repair it myself. In the meantime, they had no trouble auto shipping a "subscription" package to me for the dandy price of $49.95. It is now mid-July and the Lomi sits on my counter top, taking up a lot of space, completely useless, and Lomi still has not shipped the part they want me to replace in it to make it work again. Their latest excuse is that when I told them I didn't want the "auto-shipment" that they understood that to mean I didn't want the replacement part. B/c that makes perfect sense. They don't like me; I don't like them; I think they're a bunch of scam artists and this is an overpriced easy bake oven. Don't bother.

Sounds to me very misleading.

Not looking very good and I wonder if 5 star Amazons reviewers will eventually edit their feedback when their composter begins to fail.

Just trying to find a recent priceL £499.99 and there does seem to be 5, 1 star reviews:
https://uk.pela.earth/products/lomi#lomi

Alexander 8 hours ago
This is a scam, just a cheap bread maker
This could be one of the highest priced bread maker I've ever seen.
Happiness Guarantee. I would be happy paying £499.99 for something similar to a breadmaker but which just a few more extra blades on it.
youtube.com/watch?v=d8M9E_XC3So
Was this review helpful?
Yes: 15 No: 0

Interesting link that video and will see how long that comment lasts.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2022, 05:25:55 am by MrMobodies »

The following users thanked this post: daqq

Offline daqq

• Super Contributor
    • My site
Re: Lomi: Hyper-BUSTED! overpriced compost breadmaker scam
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2022, 03:26:05 pm »
So... what you're saying is that Lomi can be used as a breadmaker as well!?!?! That's so innovative!
Believe it or not, pointy haired people do exist!
+++Divide By Cucumber Error. Please Reinstall Universe And Reboot +++

The following users thanked this post: MrMobodies

Online wraper

• Supporter
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2022, 03:42:03 pm »
Even if it was actually producing compost, it still would be unsustainable garbage due to electricity consumption. Then the question is what are you supposed to do with this "compost"? Garbage collectors don't need you to do their job of actual composting of food scraps.

Offline Haenk

• Super Contributor
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2022, 04:21:11 pm »
It does not create "compost" - rather the opposite is true. Due to the very high temperature applied, all microorganisms (bacteria and fungii) will be killed. However they are the ones doing the actual "composting" - which takes quite a while (several weeks), preferably in moist and warm conditions. The heating of the lomi is just to dry the stuff up, there simply can not happen a composting process in that little amount of time (and certainly not at these very high temperatures).

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf