Products > Dodgy Technology

NO MORE "SMART" APPLIANCES

<< < (28/68) > >>

Bassman59:

--- Quote from: SilverSolder on October 27, 2021, 12:26:53 pm ---
--- Quote from: eti on October 27, 2021, 05:04:02 am ---I’ve got an idea 💡

Let’s bundle Mark Zuckerberg, Jeff Bezos and  Sunbaked Pecan (or whatever the Google CEO is called) into Bezos’ rocket, together with some power tools and a few hundred thousand tons of building materials, and send them to Mars, where they can make a head start on colonising it, whilst conveniently giving us all a break from their egocentric nonsense. 😁

--- End quote ---

LOL well, life on Earth would be more boring if we didn't have our eccentrics to brighten our days!   :-DD

--- End quote ---

Don't confuse the sociopaths enumerated above with standard eccentrics.

eti:
Engineers, scientists and academics ONLY, should have internet access. Everyone else should have been left with pen, paper and basic GSM phones.

I'm sorta joking, but the dumbing down and reduction in quality of this technology is because consumers are clueless cheapskates. If course, we can't go back now, but look how contented we all were before the corporate exploiters took over and packaged everything into consumer toys.

eti:
As for "smart" anything, there's only one smart thing about this day and age, and that's completely avoiding all "smart" trash.

SilverSolder:

--- Quote from: eti on January 04, 2022, 06:13:20 am ---Engineers, scientists and academics ONLY, should have internet access. Everyone else should have been left with pen, paper and basic GSM phones.

I'm sorta joking, but the dumbing down and reduction in quality of this technology is because consumers are clueless cheapskates. If course, we can't go back now, but look how contented we all were before the corporate exploiters took over and packaged everything into consumer toys.

--- End quote ---

I guess there's still room for a "non-consumer Internet" like e.g. the Eevblog!  :D

eti:
Alexa 🤦🤦🤦🤦 I said *THREE TIMES, SLOW AND CLEAR* "Alexa, volume 7" (I'm listening live so it's important) 3/3 times it *REFUSED* to do it before it had proudly announced "I'm 7 years old today, woohoo!" Alexa, shut up and follow my instructions, or you'll meet an untimely death with a hammer, wasting my time with this crap.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version