Products > Dodgy Technology

NO MORE "SMART" APPLIANCES

<< < (55/55)

cdev:

--- Quote from: MrMobodies on April 30, 2022, 07:03:39 am ---Someone mentioned somewhere early this year but I can't find it about "self test" stopping appliances from working.
Credit where credit is due... I'll see if I can find the the post later.

I heard in the UK a proposing of reducing MOT testing on cars:

https://news.sky.com/story/annual-mot-could-be-scrapped-amid-cost-of-living-crisis-12599848

--- Quote ---Sophie Morris Political reporter @itssophiemorris
Wednesday 27 April 2022 14:23, UKAnnual
MOT checks could be scrapped under government plans to ease cost of living crisis
Grant Shapps has not ruled out the prospect of annual MOT checks being scrapped under government plans to ease the cost of living for households across the country.
--- End quote ---

I imagine "self testing" being used to gradually reduce or even replace MOT checks somewhere down the line with these new battery cars using sensors and wear leveling say on things like the brakes.
I wouldn't know how that will turn out in terms of safety

Do you think that is likely to happen?

--- End quote ---

This book is a very good critique of what Shosanna Zuboff a professor at Harvard Business school and critic of the new digital state.. calls a "coup from above"  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Age_of_Surveillance_Capitalism

SilverSolder:

Some US states have Emissions Tests,  which basically consists of making sure the Check Engine light is off....

cdev:
Read the report on LCDs at CIEL dot org, it explains whats happening better than I ever could..

Additioasl regulation is largely prohibited in many areas. Because they ar businesses and contractual..

THis was the point of the TTIP, harmonization.  They want to protect huge corporations from liability do to all sorts of what they see as time bomnbs.. due to various environmental crimes.. thats part of it.

Autos I am pretty sure are one of the must be deregulated only sectors.. Energy too likely, allowing them to substityute various kinds of energy for any otherr.. for example, substituite nuclear for gas.. or coal for LNG. Overrule voters.. They know whats best for evrybodys bottom line..  However deregulation is always allowed. Anything that makes them more money is what they want. Lower safety and emissions standards are likely. The developing world certainly wants this.

Freedom to pollute. Elimination of precautionary principle..

mapleLC:

--- Quote from: cdev on May 04, 2022, 02:05:22 pm ---This book is a very good critique of what Shosanna Zuboff a professor at Harvard Business school and critic of the new digital state.. calls a "coup from above"  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Age_of_Surveillance_Capitalism

--- End quote ---

Both corporations and governments want to spy on everything.  They have no natural enemy because their tactic is largely one of distraction.

It's become rote to suggest the smart phone is a spy device, but what is not understood is the integration of data between places you would never imagine are integrated.  Palantir is an outcrop of this.

These companies and governments have enough phds to work out degrees of separation, data mining, communications tapping en masse, etc etc etc cc purchases, etc etc, travel, etc and have refined models to fill in the blanks, basically.

Every person walking the planet that has been christened into digitization in one form or another has an identity somewhere.  In "developed" countries that could care less about the pervasive spying, there are thousands of different you's all over the place.  40 years ago it was just a credit score.  Palantir is designed to integrate those too.

If you research it with an open mind, you will see that intelligence agencies are in essence "in business" now. What was DARPA then now we get InQTel, and many more.  It's quite a rabbit hole when you see how far back some of these "facilitations" took place in history to supplant one company with another. 

David Hess:

--- Quote from: SilverSolder on May 05, 2022, 01:01:54 pm ---Some US states have Emissions Tests,  which basically consists of making sure the Check Engine light is off....
--- End quote ---

For more than a decade the on board diagnostic system is all that is required to check for smog requirements in many areas.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version