Products > Dodgy Technology

NO MORE "SMART" APPLIANCES

<< < (56/68) > >>

PartialDischarge:
A few lessons to be learned here, “smart thermostats” :-DD

Xcel confirmed to Contact Denver7 that 22,000 customers who had signed up for the Colorado AC Rewards program were locked out of their smart thermostats for hours on Tuesday.

"It's a voluntary program. Let's remember that this is something that customers choose to be a part of based on the incentives,"

https://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/contact-denver7/thousands-of-xcel-customers-locked-out-of-thermostats-during-energy-emergency

SiliconWizard:
 :-DD

Don't "worry", you're going to see this kind of message in various occasions now even if you don't own any smart appliance. :popcorn:

SilverSolder:

--- Quote from: PartialDischarge on September 01, 2022, 08:08:50 pm ---A few lessons to be learned here, “smart thermostats” :-DD

Xcel confirmed to Contact Denver7 that 22,000 customers who had signed up for the Colorado AC Rewards program were locked out of their smart thermostats for hours on Tuesday.

"It's a voluntary program. Let's remember that this is something that customers choose to be a part of based on the incentives,"

https://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/contact-denver7/thousands-of-xcel-customers-locked-out-of-thermostats-during-energy-emergency

--- End quote ---

I love the "Got it" acknowledgment button at the bottom of that message.

"You are required to eat sh!t.  [Got it]"

MrMobodies:
I remembered someone's television that I looked at in 2016. I think it was a Toshiba built in 2008. I can't remember what model it was but it had an ethernet port on the back, it bad a browser, Youtube and some other video website stuff. When I joined it up using a wireless bridhe the browser couldn't load many websites and the built in Youtube built didn't work past loading where it would just hang.

The thing is that one was not called a "smart tv".

It was in 2012 when I first time i heard that stupid term plastered all over the news about the wifi in some of them being vulnerable and getting "hacked".
https://thehackernews.com/2013/07/network-enabled-samsung-tvs-vulnerable.html

Now I am hearing them using that term to refer to energy meters including the remote monitors,

Andrew LB:

--- Quote from: SiliconWizard on September 01, 2022, 08:19:52 pm --- :-DD

Don't "worry", you're going to see this kind of message in various occasions now even if you don't own any smart appliance. :popcorn:

--- End quote ---

Yeah, wait until they lock you out of your bank account because you questioned the results of an election  or you used the incorrect pronouns. Social credit systems are very popular among our "betters" in government recently. They'll make it a reality as soon as they implement this cash-less society crap.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version