Author Topic: Over Unity: It Runs On Water - Stanley Meyer  (Read 10051 times)

Offline phaseformTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
Over Unity: It Runs On Water - Stanley Meyer
« on: September 15, 2019, 11:22:46 am »
I know this is heresy, none the less... this video

is pretty interesting..
Haven't seen this video in particular on these forums. I know academic institutions are quite the dialectic to things such as zero point, but whatever.. I personally believe that the existing petro-dollar paradigm is on the verge of disappearing... and so on and so forth

Offline EEVblog

• Administrator
    • EEVblog
Re: Over Unity: It Runs On Water - Stanley Meyer
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2019, 12:18:03 pm »
Let 8yo Sagan explain it to you

https://youtu.be/m9xWd25ebPg?t=290

The following users thanked this post: MagicSmoker, Kean, Cyberdragon, cgroen, schmitt trigger, Chris_Walch

Offline Simon

• Global Moderator
  • Did that just blow up? No? might work after all !!
    • Simon's Electronics
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2019, 03:08:00 pm »
Let 8yo Sagan explain it to you

https://youtu.be/m9xWd25ebPg?t=290

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha, no further moderation action required!

The following users thanked this post: MagicSmoker

Offline john61ct

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2019, 03:50:19 pm »
Amazing how a 25-year old hoax video could have such legs.

Actually easier to find the proofs against than those claiming it's true.

Should really lead OP to question the "social bubble" that led them down that particular garden path.

Not to mention acquiring basic skepticism / internet literacy skills to avoid looking foolish passing fake news along.

Offline Simon

• Global Moderator
    • Simon's Electronics
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2019, 03:53:36 pm »
To be honest I thought it was clear that it's all bollocks! At no time do they explain how it works. If you can't explain how it works then it can't work. If all this stuff was true we would have it by now. I dreamt up an overunity machine when i was 14, but I had not learnt enough to realize that I was wrong.

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2019, 05:33:30 am »
just putting it out there  ;)

Offline john61ct

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2019, 01:30:10 pm »
Appropriate accompanying text would have been

"Look at this crazy scam people used to fall for"

Offline Simon

• Global Moderator
    • Simon's Electronics
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2019, 01:37:17 pm »
Well he said he believes in it..... :palm:

Offline Seekonk

• Super Contributor
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2019, 02:51:06 pm »
I just saw one lighting a lamp with hot water.  Two metal containers just with water in them. These containers are not even connected together. They stick a wire end in each one and the lamp lights. Could it be the containers are connected to 120VAC underneith and filled with salt water? The most interesting thing was the video started with a youtube adult content warning. Maybe they don't want the little ones to be corrupted about science.

Offline scatterandfocus

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2019, 03:26:05 pm »
One problem with this sort of stuff on youtube is that youtube is pushing quackery for views.  I have no interests in the 'free energy' vein of thngs, but every time I go to youtube to search for info on physics and electronics, search results and sidebar suggestions are littered with 'free energy' videos.

Offline max_torque

• Super Contributor
    • bitdynamics
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2019, 09:40:36 am »
The is a simple, absolutely fool proof metric for determining if someone has really invented an over unity machine, just ask the following question:

1) are they the richest person in the world

if the answer is no, then irrespective of any 'evidence' they present, they haven't actually invented a working over-unity machine......

The following users thanked this post: Simon, james_s

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2019, 10:18:21 pm »
Well he said he believes in it..... :palm:
how fun is it to respond 100% with "lol idiot why hasn't big oil bought these technologies and saved the world" AND NOT EVEN ACTUALLY DEBUNK THE CLAIM

So scientific to ignore evidence (which by the way, I'm half way through watching that video, and yes it DOES have some interesting evidence).

What if people have successfully made these technologies? Clearly that is too large of an idea to even fathom.

If you will note, the Guy, Stan Meyers met an interesting fate after supposedly building a combustion engine that could run on HHO. An interesting story in itself! Also why is that SOOOOOOO crazy to be able to burn HHO and get more mechanical output than the required power to break water into HHO? Not really over unity, as much as a fuel processing method? Hello, can someone actually answer this without thinking its hilarious to consider.
 :-//
Does Zero Point exist? Huh? Does it? Yes. It does. So be quiet with your "LOL IDIOT BELIEVES IN RADICAL TECHNOLOGIES THAT THREATEN THE PETRO DOLLAR ECONOMY"

Edit: that being said, I'm really glad Dave debunked Solar Roadways. That was some preschool sci-fi junk
« Last Edit: September 17, 2019, 10:34:48 pm by phaseform »

• Regular Contributor
« Last Edit: September 17, 2019, 10:37:34 pm by phaseform »

Offline john61ct

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2019, 11:01:08 pm »
too funny

Offline james_s

• Super Contributor
« Reply #14 on: September 18, 2019, 12:56:08 am »
*sigh* People want to believe, there is no convincing someone like that and indeed there's a name for something that is based on having faith and believing in the absence of solid explanations and proof, it's called religion.

If over-unity were possible then there would be so much money in it that the oil companies would get out of the fossil fuel energy business overnight and build massive farms of these magical machines. Oil has many uses and there is virtually unlimited demand regardless of whether we waste it by burning it or not.

Bets on whether the OP also believes the moon landing was a hoax and 9/11 was an inside job?  :popcorn:

Offline EEVblog

• Administrator
    • EEVblog
« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2019, 05:30:41 am »
What if people have successfully made these technologies?

They haven't, they have made a mistake in their engineering measurements if they think they have.
There have been countless overunity machines over many many generations, and every single one of them when examined and measured properly does not do what it claims. If it did then they would win the nobel prize for physics.
This is why everyone laughs at the over-unity crowd.

You are just making a fool of yourself here on an engineering forum.

Offline james_s

• Super Contributor
« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2019, 05:38:24 am »
There's quite a good article on the matter that I came across some time back.

https://www.lockhaven.edu/~dsimanek/museum/themes/whynot.htm

Offline james_s

• Super Contributor
« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2019, 05:56:56 am »
If you will note, the Guy, Stan Meyers met an interesting fate after supposedly building a combustion engine that could run on HHO. An interesting story in itself! Also why is that SOOOOOOO crazy to be able to burn HHO and get more mechanical output than the required power to break water into HHO? Not really over unity, as much as a fuel processing method? Hello, can someone actually answer this without thinking its hilarious to consider.

Because that is precisely over-unity, "get more mechanical output than the required power to break water into HHO" If you get more mechanical output than you put into the machine that's what over-unity means! Water is hydrogen that has already been burned, forming atomic bonds between the two elements has released energy and if you want to break those bonds you have to put that same energy back into the system. You cannot cheat nature, you cannot get something for nothing, ever.

Otherwise it would be possible to build a closed system that is splitting the water, burning the result back into water while also giving off excess energy. You could then put all that energy back into the system and the output would head towards infinite. It is the classic over-unity premise and you have made a very classic error of adding complexity until you have obfuscated the reasons it cannot work from yourself.

Offline Simon

• Global Moderator
    • Simon's Electronics
« Reply #18 on: September 18, 2019, 06:43:04 am »

So scientific to ignore evidence (which by the way, I'm half way through watching that video, and yes it DOES have some interesting evidence).

What evidence? you really don't get it do you? tell me how it works! all they said in that video is that no one believes them which they treat as evidence and that they used scientific equipment and mentioned random names of people as though they were voices of authority. I have never seen anything so tacky in my life!!!!!!!!

So get us some evidence and we will talk!

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #19 on: September 19, 2019, 11:06:07 am »
*sigh* People want to believe, there is no convincing someone like that and indeed there's a name for something that is based on having faith and believing in the absence of solid explanations and proof, it's called religion.

If over-unity were possible then there would be so much money in it that the oil companies would get out of the fossil fuel energy business overnight and build massive farms of these magical machines. Oil has many uses and there is virtually unlimited demand regardless of whether we waste it by burning it or not.

Speaking of Oil, heres an interesting example of big oil shelving NiMH battery tech. The argument that big oil would welcome Zero Point is not the argument, clearly they are motivated and have acted to stifle competition..

Water is hydrogen that has already been burned, forming atomic bonds between the two elements has released energy and if you want to break those bonds you have to put that same energy back into the system. You cannot cheat nature, you cannot get something for nothing, ever.

Otherwise it would be possible to build a closed system that is splitting the water, burning the result back into water while also giving off excess energy. You could then put all that energy back into the system and the output would head towards infinite. It is the classic over-unity premise and you have made a very classic error of adding complexity until you have obfuscated the reasons it cannot work from yourself.

Yes this is totally valid, I realized this after I posted it. Playing devils advocate, in the case of Meyers, with all his patents, lets say he isn't a complete trickster fraud, and was actually able to cross the US using only water as fuel, how could he do that?! My only inference would be... perhaps using some kind of harmonic wave addition or something? Did a quick YouTube search for recreating Stan Meyer'. No shortage of Rabbit Holes... I don't really know the right questions to ask.

Clearly this topic is off limits to even discuss. Big oil acts to stifle competition (proven and interesting). Zero point energy exists. Yet connecting these dots is heresy. Believing Stan Meyers testimony that he was poisoned is therefore laughable. Eh whatever. Consciousness is created in the brain, human life is an aberration in the universe, academic institutions are objective and uninfluenced by money, life has no meaning and the mainstream media represents the people. Case closed
Now excuse me while I load up the Energy From The Vacuum DVD in front of me  ;)

Offline Simon

• Global Moderator
    • Simon's Electronics
« Reply #20 on: September 19, 2019, 11:47:39 am »

lets say he isn't a complete trickster fraud, and was actually able to cross the US using only water as fuel, how could he do that?!

Actually lets see some proof of that!

My only inference would be... perhaps using some kind of harmonic wave addition or something? Did a quick YouTube search for recreating Stan Meyer'. No shortage of Rabbit Holes... I don't really know the right questions to ask.

Wow, what is harmonic wave addition in the context of what you are talking about? you sound like quite the expert, enlighten us or stop trolling!

Clearly this topic is off limits to even discuss. Big oil acts to stifle competition (proven and interesting). Zero point energy exists. Yet connecting these dots is heresy. Believing Stan Meyers testimony that he was poisoned is therefore laughable. Eh whatever. Consciousness is created in the brain, human life is an aberration in the universe, academic institutions are objective and uninfluenced by money, life has no meaning and the mainstream media represents the people. Case closed
Now excuse me while I load up the Energy From The Vacuum DVD in front of me  ;)

This topic has not been deleted has it? so the EVIDENCE is that it is not taboo to discuss. that is more evidence about something that you have to show for anything. It's not that people shut the discussion down, the call it what it is: fake news!

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #21 on: September 19, 2019, 12:23:59 pm »
Simon note the first link in my most recent post, reply #20

Offline Simon

• Global Moderator
    • Simon's Electronics
« Reply #22 on: September 19, 2019, 08:30:49 pm »
Simon note the first link in my most recent post, reply #20

I am not interested in stuff you have found lying around on the internet. If this is all true then YOU should be able to explain it. Come on we are here, ready and waiting to hear you out. You are the one making the claims, you explain them. If you can't explain it then you can't say it's true, so stop lying to us and yourself.

The following users thanked this post: nugglix, cgroen

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #23 on: September 19, 2019, 08:39:01 pm »
Lol that's pretty funny Simon, you're all show me proof. I'm like ok here. irrefutable, objective source of technology shelving by big oil, and the response? Laa laa laa I can't hear you... Classic

Offline james_s

• Super Contributor
« Reply #24 on: September 19, 2019, 09:25:56 pm »
You're using a random YouTube video as evidence that "big oil" has tried to suppress a battery technology that has been obsolete for vehicle propulsion for more than a decade? Why aren't they shelving far superior li-ion tech? Maybe because an oil company has no power to do so, and no motivation since they have a near unlimited demand for oil either way. They don't need to convince anyone to use more of it, they can barely keep up with demand as it is.

What is it you're really going for here? Just pushing random conspiracy theories? Is it some kind of inherent need to feel that you possess privileged information?

The following users thanked this post: Cyberdragon, nugglix

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf