Author Topic: Over Unity: It Runs On Water - Stanley Meyer  (Read 9929 times)

Offline phaseformTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
Re: Over Unity: It Runs On Water - Stanley Meyer
« Reply #25 on: September 20, 2019, 05:21:18 am »
lol James that fact that your hating the video I linked about NiMH is pretty hilarious, did you watch it? And you still can't see the point I'm making?!

:horse: :horse:
also here's an Electrical Engineer

quoting Tom Bearden's name (Snake Oil fraudster in chief) in a short plug for his upcoming talk. Obviously he's wasted the last '39 years' of his life with this research
« Last Edit: September 20, 2019, 05:28:20 am by phaseform »

Offline Simon

• Global Moderator
  • Did that just blow up? No? might work after all !!
    • Simon's Electronics
« Reply #26 on: September 20, 2019, 06:54:58 am »
Lol that's pretty funny Simon, you're all show me proof. I'm like ok here. irrefutable, objective source of technology shelving by big oil, and the response? Laa laa laa I can't hear you... Classic

No, I never said "show" me the proof. I said "explain it yourself". YOU can't claim that something works if YOU cannot explain how it works. Otherwise you are advocating magic.....

The following users thanked this post: Cyberdragon, nugglix

Offline daqq

• Super Contributor
    • My site
« Reply #27 on: September 20, 2019, 07:59:14 am »
This part of your post is the equivalent of: If unicorns exist, do they prefer pineapple or coconuts on their pizza? How would they grab a slice with just hooves?
Playing devils advocate, in the case of Meyers, with all his patents, lets say he isn't a complete trickster fraud, and was actually able to cross the US using only water as fuel, how could he do that?! My only inference would be... perhaps using some kind of harmonic wave addition or something? Did a quick YouTube search for recreating Stan Meyer'. No shortage of Rabbit Holes... I don't really know the right questions to ask.
The right question would be to ask whether he did it at all as described.

The fact that someone has patents means they took the time to fill out a few forms and payed some cash. Patents are not judged based on their feasibility or practicality in this way (do the described devices/processes actually work?).

I am open to the possibility of a better than currently available power source, but I have yet to be convinced.
Believe it or not, pointy haired people do exist!
+++Divide By Cucumber Error. Please Reinstall Universe And Reboot +++

Offline EEVblog

• Administrator
    • EEVblog
« Reply #28 on: September 20, 2019, 08:46:11 am »
*sigh* People want to believe, there is no convincing someone like that and indeed there's a name for something that is based on having faith and believing in the absence of solid explanations and proof, it's called religion.

If over-unity were possible then there would be so much money in it that the oil companies would get out of the fossil fuel energy business overnight and build massive farms of these magical machines. Oil has many uses and there is virtually unlimited demand regardless of whether we waste it by burning it or not.

Speaking of Oil, heres an interesting example of big oil shelving NiMH battery tech. The argument that big oil would welcome Zero Point is not the argument, clearly they are motivated and have acted to stifle competition..

Water is hydrogen that has already been burned, forming atomic bonds between the two elements has released energy and if you want to break those bonds you have to put that same energy back into the system. You cannot cheat nature, you cannot get something for nothing, ever.

Otherwise it would be possible to build a closed system that is splitting the water, burning the result back into water while also giving off excess energy. You could then put all that energy back into the system and the output would head towards infinite. It is the classic over-unity premise and you have made a very classic error of adding complexity until you have obfuscated the reasons it cannot work from yourself.

Yes this is totally valid, I realized this after I posted it. Playing devils advocate, in the case of Meyers, with all his patents, lets say he isn't a complete trickster fraud, and was actually able to cross the US using only water as fuel, how could he do that?! My only inference would be... perhaps using some kind of harmonic wave addition or something? Did a quick YouTube search for recreating Stan Meyer'. No shortage of Rabbit Holes... I don't really know the right questions to ask.

Clearly this topic is off limits to even discuss. Big oil acts to stifle competition (proven and interesting). Zero point energy exists. Yet connecting these dots is heresy. Believing Stan Meyers testimony that he was poisoned is therefore laughable. Eh whatever. Consciousness is created in the brain, human life is an aberration in the universe, academic institutions are objective and uninfluenced by money, life has no meaning and the mainstream media represents the people. Case closed
Now excuse me while I load up the Energy From The Vacuum DVD in front of me  ;)

We have a real live one here folks!

The reminds me, I have to cash those big oil checks from my criticism of solar roadways and some other renewable tech  ;D

The following users thanked this post: james_s

Offline EEVblog

• Administrator
    • EEVblog
« Reply #29 on: September 20, 2019, 08:50:43 am »
Obviously he's wasted the last '39 years' of his life with this research

Not the first and won't be the last.
I sense a binary result in people who peruse the field of over-unity:
1) They grow old and die with no practical results to show for it after decades without having convinced even a 2nd year engineering or physics student that it's practical.
2) They win the Nobel prize for physics.

I haven't seen #2 yet, not even a nomination, not even a publication in any reputable journal.

The following users thanked this post: Kean, james_s

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #30 on: September 20, 2019, 09:24:03 am »
haha sigh I'll leave it there. Obama did win a nobel peace prize, with I think an order of magnitude more drone strikes than his predecessor...
I really thought the MiMH video would have got some agreement at least. Can't really dispute that...
I never understood smart people being so ideological in their beliefs to the point of not even being able even consider converse opinions... the echo chamber of 'Zero Point must remain across a vast chasm, strictly in the etheric realm of theoretical physics'

Offline Simon

• Global Moderator
    • Simon's Electronics
« Reply #31 on: September 20, 2019, 09:32:21 am »
You still have not explained how it works. Yes this is becoming an echo chamber caused by your refusal to explain the facts of what you believe. I can accept someone believing in god because they say "I just believe, I have no evidence, I have faith", basically you are saying the same thing. You believe in an unproven so called technology with no evidence because to you it is a religion........ religion is not science!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #32 on: September 20, 2019, 09:43:46 am »
mmk well my goal was to encourage I guess analysis by people with greater electronic understanding than myself.. so much for that.. So I don't understand the tech in depth. I have energy from the vacuum Vol 36 in my DVD drive, I can try report back my understanding from that when I actually watch the thing.. but as I understand it presently.. there is one device that is quite popular.. that is the Bedini monopole motor, involving I believe what is known as "the school girl circuit". The idea here is that there is some back emf as the coil passes the magnetic field. Dont ask me about the physics as  :-// ...
My understanding is that this back emf interacts with the vacuum field producing a spike.. I believe this energy is nonconventional in some way.. tap it, presto zero point energy.. thinking back to some of the Bedini/Bearden content I watched years ago.. I remember them saying that a Bedini motor has the capability to run for years... so I searched for it on youtube.. here you go

I wasn't there, I can't prove it... but there it is

Offline EEVblog

• Administrator
    • EEVblog
« Reply #33 on: September 20, 2019, 09:51:43 am »
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stanley_Meyer%27s_water_fuel_cell

The water fuel cell is a technical design of a "perpetual motion machine" created by American Stanley Allen Meyer (August 24, 1940 – March 20, 1998). Meyer claimed that an automobile retrofitted with the device could use water as fuel instead of gasoline. Meyer's claims about his "Water Fuel Cell" and the car that it powered were found to be fraudulent by an Ohio court in 1996.[1][2]

In 1996 Meyer was sued by two investors to whom he had sold dealerships, offering the right to do business in Water Fuel Cell technology. His car was due to be examined by the expert witness Michael Laughton, Professor of Electrical Engineering at Queen Mary, University of London and Fellow of the Royal Academy of Engineering. However, Meyer made what Professor Laughton considered a "lame excuse" on the days of examination and did not allow the test to proceed.[2] His "water fuel cell" was later examined by three expert witnesses[who?] in court who found that there "was nothing revolutionary about the cell at all and that it was simply using conventional electrolysis." The court found Meyer had committed "gross and egregious fraud" and ordered him to repay the two investors their $25,000.[2]

The court must have been paid off by big oil!  ::)

« Last Edit: September 20, 2019, 09:55:23 am by EEVblog »

Offline daqq

• Super Contributor
    • My site
« Reply #34 on: September 20, 2019, 09:57:12 am »
I never understood smart people being so ideological in their beliefs to the point of not even being able even consider converse opinions... the echo chamber of 'Zero Point must remain across a vast chasm, strictly in the etheric realm of theoretical physics'
Where exactly are you getting the vibe that people here are not considering the other opinions/claims? I have considered various claims, some I found false/very unlikely to be true, others I have found true/very likely to be true. I am able to change my mind and have my mind changed, provided enough data from reasonable sources and/or personal verification.

It's you who is posting random assortments of crap, expecting everyone else to gawk in awe at a video with no useful content, and jumping between topics and claims without finishing even one. If you believe in free energy devices, try to replicate a few, there's lots of them online, there are free energy forums, some even offer plans/schematics. Once you succeed, invite Dave over, with his own measurement tech and enjoy the cash coming in.

Obama did win a nobel peace prize, with I think an order of magnitude more drone strikes than his predecessor...
...which has exactly nothing to do with the topic at hand. While I agree that Obama's Nobel prize is pure BS, it proves no point of yours.

As to the motor, it's just a fairly efficient motor. No magic involved, no extra energy was tapped from the secret heart of the universe. Keeping things rotating is not a feat of magic, does not require lots of energy etc. See:
https://hackaday.com/2017/03/21/tiny-electric-motor-runs-on-power-from-an-led/

At 30 uA that particular motor can run from a 150mAh cell for the better part of a year. And this was done with a bottle cap, a reed relay and assorted nothings. With further improvements, I'm sure you could get the power consumption down further.
Believe it or not, pointy haired people do exist!
+++Divide By Cucumber Error. Please Reinstall Universe And Reboot +++

Offline EEVblog

• Administrator
    • EEVblog
« Reply #35 on: September 20, 2019, 09:57:56 am »
thinking back to some of the Bedini/Bearden content I watched years ago.. I remember them saying that a Bedini motor has the capability to run for years... so I searched for it on youtube.. here you go Levitating Bedini Pulse motor....2 years running non-stop (even at night unlike Mendocino)[/url]
I wasn't there, I can't prove it... but there it is

Bingo!
Bedini is the over-unity equivalent of Godwin's law

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #36 on: September 20, 2019, 10:07:33 am »
so the court case against Meyer seems to have another side..

Bingo!
Bedini is the over-unity equivalent of Godwin's law

haha thats the best I can do

Offline Simon

• Global Moderator
    • Simon's Electronics
« Reply #37 on: September 20, 2019, 10:14:28 am »
Sorry what vacuum field? what interaction. You are saying that back emf is free energy......

Offline cgroen

• Supporter
    • Carstens personal web
« Reply #38 on: September 20, 2019, 10:19:10 am »
Let 8yo Sagan explain it to you

https://youtu.be/m9xWd25ebPg?t=290

Sagan still has the correct answer.....

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #39 on: September 20, 2019, 10:27:49 am »
Sorry what vacuum field? what interaction. You are saying that back emf is free energy......

Not sure where the distinction from acceptable credentials to not acceptable theory/statements is with this guy, but Lt. Col. Thomas Bearden (Ph.D. and an M.S. in Nuclear Engineering from the Georgia Institute of Technology) can explain it better than me:

« Last Edit: September 20, 2019, 10:55:38 am by phaseform »

Offline Simon

• Global Moderator
    • Simon's Electronics
« Reply #40 on: September 20, 2019, 10:53:54 am »
No that guy is a nutter. You need to explain it. Energy conversion is not that complicated. Or you just state that this is a religion to you and you believe it as an act of faith, which I would accept.

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #41 on: September 20, 2019, 10:56:27 am »
define projection

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #42 on: September 20, 2019, 11:06:20 am »
Fridays done right

"We stand at the birth of a new millennium, ready to unlock the mysteries of space, to free the earth from the miseries of disease, and to harness the energies, industries and technologies of tomorrow."
 ;)
« Last Edit: September 20, 2019, 11:39:30 am by phaseform »

Offline Simon

• Global Moderator
    • Simon's Electronics
« Reply #43 on: September 20, 2019, 01:47:21 pm »

"We stand at the birth of a new millennium, ready to unlock the mysteries of space, to free the earth from the miseries of disease, and to harness the energies, industries and technologies of tomorrow."
 ;)

Ok, so exploin that. What "secret" of space will help us cure deseases? And if it's a secret how do we know it can cure deseases, that implies an awful lot of knowledge about something that is called a secret.

Online ebastler

• Super Contributor
« Reply #44 on: September 20, 2019, 01:57:26 pm »

;)

Ok, so exploin that. What "secret" of space will help us cure deseases? And if it's a secret how do we know it can cure deseases, that implies an awful lot of knowledge about something that is called a secret.

Nah, you got that wrong. Those are three independent goals: (a) unlock space mysteries, (b) eradicate disease, (c) harness whatever of tomorrow. All of which will be achieved by that li'l mess'o'wires, of course, by Saturday morning.

Offline Simon

• Global Moderator
    • Simon's Electronics
« Reply #45 on: September 20, 2019, 02:22:33 pm »
i beleive you ;)

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #46 on: September 20, 2019, 03:23:23 pm »
yea dont want to push too far.. I mean Bearden is already talking about some truly far out things in that video.. I'll just say that quote was by... Q+
sigh way off topic and very far off the reservation lol.. you may even need ooh I dont know.. perhaps a space force. ok ill stop now
« Last Edit: September 20, 2019, 03:25:19 pm by phaseform »

Offline james_s

• Super Contributor
« Reply #47 on: September 20, 2019, 06:11:10 pm »
mmk well my goal was to encourage I guess analysis by people with greater electronic understanding than myself.. so much for that.. So I don't understand the tech in depth.

So here's the thing, you came wanting analysis, you say you do not understand the tech in depth, you get answers from people who *do* understand the tech in depth but you don't like the answers you get and become upset and accuse people of hating. I'm not really sure what you expect, absolutely any competent engineer or physicist will tell you that over-unity is not possible. You can't get something from nothing, ever. "Free" energy exists and is readily exploited with existing technology like photovoltaic panels, wind turbines, hydroelectric dams, geothermal plants, etc which you'd think "big oil" would have buried by now wouldn't you? You cannot use water as a fuel, it does not contain potential energy, water is the exhaust from burning hydrogen, the energy has already been extracted. Trying to use tricks to turn water back into fuel is no different than collecting the CO2 and water vapor from a car tailpipe and trying to turn it back into gasoline to run the car, that's trying to cheat nature and it can't be done, there are no loopholes, period.

If you post bullshit pseudoscience in an engineering forum you're gonna get called on it. There's nothing to analyze or discuss beyond saying "it's bullshit" unless a working device can be examined in depth by an independent engineer in which case whoever invents it is going to become one of the most famous people on the planet overnight, with access to enough wealth that they could buy "big oil" outright on a whim. This is not "hating", it's answering your questions, it can't be helped if you don't like the answers.

Frankly some of the stuff here reminds me an awful lot of the "medical research" emails I used to get from a former friend now and then, later I found out he got into crystal meth which made him feel super smart and write all this stuff about random quacks he found online.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2019, 08:45:54 pm by james_s »

The following users thanked this post: EEVblog, Simon, daqq, Kean, Cyberdragon, blueskull, ebastler, Ysjoelfir, Buriedcode, cgroen, worsthorse

Offline Cyberdragon

• Super Contributor
« Reply #48 on: September 20, 2019, 07:14:15 pm »
lol James that fact that your hating the video I linked about NiMH is pretty hilarious, did you watch it? And you still can't see the point I'm making?!

Why would I believe a so called electronic engineer who can't get his mic wired up properly? That amount of mains hum is stupid even for rookie home podcasters.

Also, judging from his equipment, I would say he is either broken AF as an engineer, or have some pretty good ornaments as a scamming artist.

The 34401 is the only thing that I see still has a value. The first gen scope meter is basically junk, the F27 was discontinued probably one or two decades ago. The rest are older than I am.

HEY! Don't dis us old gear users! >:( That's also insulting people like Franlab, Mr. Carlson's Lab, everyone here who still uses an older multimeter, exc.

*BZZZZZZAAAAAP*
Voltamort strikes again!
Explodingus - someone who frequently causes accidental explosions

The following users thanked this post: Kean

Offline Seekonk

• Super Contributor
« Reply #49 on: September 20, 2019, 07:37:39 pm »
That video is over two decades old. That equipment was probably still hot shit back then.  Surely they have made it work better by now. They promised 10 years.

I'm open to amazement.   Out on the oil platforms they have  to pulp the crude to shore.  It may start out hot but soon cools. They have a high voltage polarizer that aligns up the molecule chains and makes the crude 25% easier to pump. That sounded a lot like magnets on a gas line!
« Last Edit: September 20, 2019, 07:42:54 pm by Seekonk »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf