Author Topic: Quaze uses induction not rf?  (Read 1068 times)

Offline BeaminTopic starter

• Super Contributor
  • If you think my Boobs are big you should see my ba
Quaze uses induction not rf?
« on: October 17, 2022, 12:06:33 pm »
I was reading the comments to quaze and I saw a comment that compared it to a 500W Antenna, then another person said its not like that its inductive. So its like a transformer and not an antenna? I thought all transformers were like antennas? Or does the iron or air gap have the magnetic field in it perpendicular to the coils, and the electric field is in right angles parallel with the transmit and pick up device coil?
Max characters: 300; characters remaining: 191
Images in your signature must be no greater than 500x25 pixels

Offline TimFox

• Super Contributor
  • Retired, now restoring antique test equipment
Re: Quaze uses induction not rf?
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2022, 02:08:46 pm »
"RF" refers to the frequency, not the nature of the field.
When you apply AC voltage to a capacitor, or current to an inductor, you get an oscillating electric or magnetic field inside the capacitor or inductor.
This is the difference between "near field" (where energy is stored in oscillating EM fields, near the antenna/coil structure) and "far field" (where energy propagates away from the antenna/coil structure, i.e., radiation).
The details of this are complicated, but the concept is essential to understanding EM radiation and antennas.
For example, medical MRI does not use "radio waves", but oscillating magnetic fields inside the scanner.
Similarly, when you hold a cell phone against your head, your body is in the near field of the phone, and the regulations limit the "SAR" (specific absorption rate) in W/kg from that field.
However, when you stand several wavelengths away from a cell tower, your body is in the far field of the antenna, and the relevant parameter is the radiation field strength (V/m).
« Last Edit: October 17, 2022, 02:15:50 pm by TimFox »

Online Marco

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2022, 04:46:04 pm »
Antennas radiate intentionally, transformers radiate accidentally. The secondary coil operates due to magnetic field coupling, not due to receiving EM waves.

Lets say it's 6.25 MHz, that's a wavelength of nearly 50 meters, the resonant coils in a Quaze table are like a couple cm ... so they radiate squat.

Offline TimFox

• Super Contributor
  • Retired, now restoring antique test equipment
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2022, 05:09:19 pm »
Yes, that form of coupling is usually called "mutual inductance".

Offline BeaminTopic starter

• Super Contributor
  • If you think my Boobs are big you should see my ba
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2022, 09:04:20 pm »
Antennas radiate intentionally, transformers radiate accidentally. The secondary coil operates due to magnetic field coupling, not due to receiving EM waves.

Lets say it's 6.25 MHz, that's a wavelength of nearly 50 meters, the resonant coils in a Quaze table are like a couple cm ... so they radiate squat.

I thought he said 15MHz, so f ham operators. What would this sound like to an AM receiver a carrier wave or is it not radiating any intentional EM RF radiation, or would it be weird harmonics? So now I'm confused I watched bens applied science youtube on "how magnetic circuits work", but I'm not seeing how the coil knows its an inductor and not an antenna? Or is it an antenna but at improper length/wavelength. I have a feeling the right hand rule is in play.

So this is different then the WiGL which is a lower frequency solar pannel and light analog. Seriously thats all it is; instead of 1000THz light bulb and solar panel, its 2.5GHz copper antenna going into another copper antenna. FREE ENERGY!!!!

If they could make the wigle work on the cosmic microwave background they would be on to something.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2022, 09:20:12 pm by Beamin »
Max characters: 300; characters remaining: 191
Images in your signature must be no greater than 500x25 pixels

Online Marco

• Super Contributor
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2022, 09:34:48 pm »
Electromagnetically small antennas are poor radiators.

Incredibly poor in this case.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf