Author Topic: Repurcussion of dodgy technology (Holmes, 11 yr 3 mo prison and then some.)  (Read 1196 times)

Offline Rick LawTopic starter

• Super Contributor
Just checked my mailbox and found this news.   Dodgy technology is not free from repercussion, particularly when hiding facts from investors...

Nov 18 2022:

Judge Edward Davila imposed a sentence of 11 years and three months in prison plus three years of supervision after released.  Restitution will be set at a later date. Holmes must turn herself into custody on April 27, 2023.  Appeal (of conviction) is expected.

It is on most news networks.  Rather than adding a link and driving traffic to any particularly one, you can search and select your own.

ps:  I know there were earlier discussions of Theranos .  I followed the pop up box suggestion on starting a new thread since the old one has been inactive for over a year.

Offline Gyro

• Super Contributor
Err, it's [Edit: or at least a long one has] been active for the past few days...  https://www.eevblog.com/forum/chat/elizabeth-holmes-convicted-of-fraud/
« Last Edit: November 21, 2022, 10:46:36 pm by Gyro »
Best Regards, Chris

Offline Rick LawTopic starter

• Super Contributor
Google failed me...

I did a google search (for Theranos) specifically for contents in this site.  The latest it found was the 1.5 years old thread.  I should have search for Holmes instead.

Offline Gyro

• Super Contributor
You wouldn't be the first person to be failed by Google.  ;)
Best Regards, Chris

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf