Products > Dodgy Technology

SILTECH TRIPLE CROWN SPEAKER CABLE £93000 for 4m

<< < (4/5) > >>

AVGresponding:

--- Quote from: NiHaoMike on February 12, 2022, 03:32:01 pm ---It's strange that "high end" audio cables and equipment are even available in single ended, differential I/O should be standard well before that point. Differential inputs even offer some benefit connecting to single ended devices.

--- Quote from: AVGresponding on January 26, 2022, 06:57:27 pm ---I suppose it's marginally better that these jerks scam audiophools who have more money than sense and can afford it, rather than the life savings from little old ladies.

--- End quote ---
If you're referencing Fran's housing troubles, she's quite tall, hardly a "little" lady.

--- End quote ---

I was not. I was referring to the problem of scammers stealing the life savings from little old ladies (they are not all little or old, or ladies, but that is the "meme"), by various means, such as fake building works, getting them to give power of attorney and etc etc.

NaxFM:
At least in this cable there is an actual audio signal, so maybe there could really be some imrpovement so tiny that it's physically impossible to measure.

But wanna talk bout this? https://www.analogueseduction.net/mains-cables/ODINgold1.html?currency=3
A 43k bucks mains cable for which the only positive thing they could say is this

"This cable not only eliminates EMI and RFI, but promotes a faster rise time in the 50/60 Hz cycle, ensuring the instantaneous and stable delivery of the AC current necessary for premium results. "

Oh, and in case you are insterested, they also sell a "Burn in CDs" used to demagnitize residuals fields that build up in the components over time

MrMobodies:
They call it GOLD when infact it is gold plated:.

Nordost Odin Gold Mains Cable
https://www.analogueseduction.net/mains-cables/ODINgold1.html?currency=3

--- Quote ---Gold-plated 99.999999% solid core OFC
--- End quote ---

"the Odin Gold Power Cord harnesses the full breadth of Nordost’s technological advances." :bullshit:

When they get people believing in this crap and getting them to buy it.

TimFox:
The "rise time", as defined in textbooks, of a 60 Hz sine wave (time from 10% to 90% of amplitude) can be calculated (but I'm too lazy this morning).  If the rise time were "improved" (reduced), that would be the first step on the way to a square wave.

NaxFM:

--- Quote from: TimFox on February 13, 2022, 05:36:49 pm ---The "rise time", as defined in textbooks, of a 60 Hz sine wave (time from 10% to 90% of amplitude) can be calculated (but I'm too lazy this morning).  If the rise time were "improved" (reduced), that would be the first step on the way to a square wave.

--- End quote ---

Which would be even worse for audio equipment due to its higher frequency components...
They can't even agree with themselves

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version