Products > Dodgy Technology

Single use electronics / digital pregnancy tests

<< < (4/4)

SiliconWizard:

--- Quote from: Bobertsawesome on October 20, 2021, 01:28:02 am ---I think even worse are the single-use vape pens. Use lithium batteries which are then chucked in the bin. Imagine how much precious metal this adds up to over the course of 1 year wasted?

--- End quote ---

Wow, I wasn't even aware of them. That's awful.

AVGresponding:

--- Quote from: SiliconWizard on October 20, 2021, 07:25:31 pm ---
--- Quote from: Bobertsawesome on October 20, 2021, 01:28:02 am ---I think even worse are the single-use vape pens. Use lithium batteries which are then chucked in the bin. Imagine how much precious metal this adds up to over the course of 1 year wasted?

--- End quote ---

Wow, I wasn't even aware of them. That's awful.

--- End quote ---

It is disgraceful. On the other hand it is a useful source of cheap Li cells for those of us in the know... credit to Big Clive @bigclivedotcom for alerting me to this a few years back...

coppice:
Because those who want to not be pregnant are predisposed to read a slightly faint blue line as "Not pregnant", and those who do want to be pregnant are predisposed to read a very faint blue line as a clear one, an unambiguous display of "PREGNANT" or "NOT PREGNANT" is a real benefit. However, what is the point of having a full OLED graphics display on a device like this. Is it necessary to be able to say pregnant in a hundred languages with a single device?

PlainName:

--- Quote ---Is it necessary to be able to say pregnant in a hundred languages with a single device?
--- End quote ---

Could be. Economies of scale, and all that. Build one device and flog it everywhere instead of a custom one for each market, and if you happen to overestimate demand in, say, Indonesia you can ship the kits to Albania and flog 'em there instead.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version