Products > Dodgy Technology

SinkTech, IoT sinks

(1/4) > >>

SiliconWizard:

Intel has partnered with them, too.

IoT sinks. Yes, really!

WatchfulEye:
It's been a while since I did any bar work, but way back when we used to use automatic dishwashers. Dirty glasses went in. Clean, dry and sanitised glasses came out.

I'm not sure what problem this is supposed to solve.

SiliconWizard:

--- Quote from: WatchfulEye on July 22, 2022, 07:28:27 pm ---I'm not sure what problem this is supposed to solve.

--- End quote ---

Taking money from investors.
Giving some (albeit questionable here) visibility to Intel's AI solutions.
Getting people used to everything being connected. Toilets are next.
 ::)

Marco:

--- Quote from: WatchfulEye on July 22, 2022, 07:28:27 pm ---It's been a while since I did any bar work, but way back when we used to use automatic dishwashers. Dirty glasses went in. Clean, dry and sanitised glasses came out.

I'm not sure what problem this is supposed to solve.

--- End quote ---
In my country bars tend to have two sinks, you dunk the glass on a set of brushes in soapy water then flush it in a sink with clean water. The glasses come out wet, which doesn't matter because beer is tapped over the top and then wiped flat with a blade any way. The clear sink is being continually filled from the bottom and overflowing into a pipe at the top, the soapy one generally not. Dunno what the third is for, maybe another flush to get it extra clean for American standards? A system which monitors the use of all the sinks and which automatically keeps the water fresh seems somewhat useful, one less thing for the alcoholic behind the bar to pay attention to.

The Intel angle is probably just because they used Quark for a microcontroller.

themadhippy:

--- Quote ---Toilets are next.
--- End quote ---
To late

--- Quote --- LG Uplus, together with bathroom remodeling firm Inus Bath, has launched Internet of Things (IoT) services aimed at bathrooms.

The telco's Smart Bathroom service offers bidet toilets and ventilators with Wi-Fi connections that can be controlled via smartphones.
--- End quote ---

https://www.zdnet.com/article/lg-uplus-launches-iot-for-bathrooms-with-wi-fi-bidet-toilet/

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version