Author Topic: Taking on the 5G nutjobs  (Read 43075 times)

Offline Terry Bites

• Super Contributor
  • Recovering Electrical Engineer
Re: Taking on the 5G nutjobs
« Reply #275 on: March 04, 2021, 10:47:26 am »
 You can just ignore them and the people who believe what they say.
I still have to remind myself (daily) not to argue with morons and the mentally ill.

My neighbour wants her house free of all EM so I asked her if I could take her laptop and phone and remove the WiFi.
Of course not! The idea of living in darkness at absolute zero didn't suit the needs of her homeopathic business. What can you do?

The following users thanked this post: Specmaster, Syntax Error

Offline Syntax Error

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #276 on: March 04, 2021, 12:27:10 pm »
My neighbour wants her house free of all EM so I asked her if I could take her laptop and phone and remove the WiFi.
Of course not! The idea of living in darkness at absolute zero didn't suit the needs of her homeopathic business. What can you do?
That would be hilarious if I knew she was not serious. I once knew someone who did crystal bowel cleansing. Don't even ask how that works. She moved from Cornwall (uk) to the Gold Coast (aus), as her new age 'skills' were in demand in Australia. Maybe you could make your neighbour some of your own dodgy tecnology to cleanse her EM field. Solder some old TV ceramic delay lines and crystals together on a metal saucepan lid and hey presto, instant money :)

The following users thanked this post: Specmaster, bd139

Offline BU508A

• Super Contributor
  • Per aspera ad astra
« Reply #277 on: March 04, 2021, 12:39:13 pm »
This would be a very cynical approach.

I like it.

;)
“Chaos is found in greatest abundance wherever order is being sought. It always defeats order, because it is better organized.”            - Terry Pratchett -

The following users thanked this post: Specmaster, bd139

Offline madires

• Super Contributor
  • A qualified hobbyist ;)
« Reply #278 on: March 04, 2021, 01:30:35 pm »

Have you tried to suggest 5G cleansing globuli? >:D

Offline SilverSolder

• Super Contributor
« Reply #279 on: March 04, 2021, 01:30:50 pm »
That would be hilarious if I knew she was not serious. I once knew someone who did crystal bowel cleansing. Don't even ask how that works. She moved from Cornwall (uk) to the Gold Coast (aus), as her new age 'skills' were in demand in Australia. Maybe you could make your neighbour some of your own dodgy tecnology to cleanse her EM field. Solder some old TV ceramic delay lines and crystals together on a metal saucepan lid and hey presto, instant money :)

The funny thing is, it might act as a placebo and actually help them!  :D

Offline james_s

• Super Contributor
« Reply #280 on: March 05, 2021, 05:15:55 am »

I've been tempted a few times to build some "crystal healing wands" with RGB LEDs in a nice polished copper tube, it could be a fun craft/electronics project. I have just a bit too much of a conscience to take advantage of ignorance like that but I know that plenty of others will anyway.

Offline SilverSolder

• Super Contributor
« Reply #281 on: March 05, 2021, 02:03:48 pm »

On the contrary, I think those kinds of products would be very helpful!  -  anyone complaining about 5G towers would have a -5G device installed in their home, and live happily ever after!  :D

Offline Specmaster

• Super Contributor
« Reply #282 on: March 18, 2021, 10:43:14 pm »
I mostly buy for the camera improvements these days. It's cheaper than having DSLRs as a hobby and hurts the shoulder less.
While all that is true, I have yet to see any decent photos taken of objects moving at speed which are some distance away from you, and yet look closer and pin sharp, with a phone. These are still the domain of DSLR's and is where they will reign supreme for a long time to come. Unless you're using professional grade lenses such as the grey Canon L series of telephoto lens, DSLR cameras and their lenses are in fact getting much lighter. Camera bodies are almost without exception these days becoming plastic and the bodies of telephoto lenses are also mostly plastic as are the lenses themselves, very few these days are made from glass.
Who let Murphy in?

Brymen-Fluke-HP-Thurlby-Thander-Tek-Extech-Black Star-GW-Avo-Kyoritsu-Amprobe-ITT-Robin-TTi

Offline bd139Topic starter

• Super Contributor
« Reply #283 on: March 18, 2021, 10:59:31 pm »
Quick upload. Old XR, no optical zoom, 1080p 30fps

I have a 12 which can do 4k 60fps now and has 2x optical zoom. Need to go and try it out.

Not bad result for a phone.

« Last Edit: March 18, 2021, 11:01:06 pm by bd139 »

Offline SilverSolder

• Super Contributor
« Reply #284 on: March 19, 2021, 01:17:24 am »
I have a nice DSLR but obviously use my phone camera as well - they are each good at different things.

When a phone can do this, I will sell the DSLR...  it almost resolves to the sub atomic level:

The following users thanked this post: bd139

Offline DiTBho

• Super Contributor
« Reply #285 on: December 27, 2021, 08:43:46 pm »
When I say "linux distro" I don't mean a linux desktop OS. I mean specifically a phone OS, but one that is based on linux and follows the completely open model used by other linux distros. The command line is a non starter but should be available by ssh into the device. An app store is also a necessity but it should not be the only source of apps. In practice there is probably not enough space in the market for more than two viable mobile platforms but I can dream. I just hate the locked down walled garden/SAAS model, I want control over my device. I want the freedom to choose a graphical environment and tweak it to my liking. If they pull an Apple and replace a beautiful polished and consistent UI like iOS 6 had with an ugly inconsistent mess like iOS7 and later I want to be able to go back to the icons I like. If there's a stupid feature I NEVER use like the social media integration that was there through many versions I want to be able to rip it out. If an app update introduces a serious bug that makes the app unusable for a month until the vendor fixes it like happened a couple years ago with the Amcrest security camera app I want to be able to roll back to the previous version. I'd also like an app store that had a paid upgrade model, I absolutely loathe the subscription model that Apple has been pushing and their refusal to allow paid upgrades instead. I don't rent software, period, that is not negotiable. Frequent updates are not a feature, they are a nuisance.

Interesting points.
The Cosmo Communicator is listed for 800 UKP.
Not bad, less than iPhone.
The opposite of courage is not cowardice, it is conformity. Even a dead fish can go with the flow

Offline DiTBho

• Super Contributor
« Reply #286 on: December 27, 2021, 08:47:18 pm »
(looking at Cosmo Communicator)
The opposite of courage is not cowardice, it is conformity. Even a dead fish can go with the flow

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf